2012 Mock NBA draft... | Syracusefan.com

2012 Mock NBA draft...

Lottery ends at 14, not 16. But those two picks in that mock are both Houston.

You are right--I misjudged where they had him going when I saw Houston.

So he's going to be back in the big east in a couple of years? ;)

Call me crazy... And I watch quite a bit of NBA but mainly care about the hawks and cuse players...

Who is picking 8th and where did that logo come from?

Sorry for not researching. Just thought it was weird that I have no recollection of an nba teams logo.

Call me crazy... And I watch quite a bit of NBA but mainly care about the hawks and cuse players...

Sorry for not researching. Just thought it was weird that I have no recollection of an nba teams logo.

Raptors.

That's the Raptors new logo.

That's the Raptors new logo.

Thankfully its new. And thankfully its for a team that will probably never matter.

I feel better about myself and less worried about what my recent marriage was doing to my sports life.

Thankfully its new. And thankfully its for a team that will probably never matter.

I feel better about myself and less worried about what my recent marriage was doing to my sports life.

Haha, it's Canada. Nothing good comes from Canada except Molson and Robin Scherbatsky.

The Raptors are a sleeping giant. Toronto, if not in Canada, would be the 4th or 5th largest media market in the USA. The ownership group (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment) is flushed with cash and eventually is going to spend it.

The Raptors are a sleeping giant. Toronto, if not in Canada, would be the 4th or 5th largest media market in the USA. The ownership group (Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment) is flushed with cash and eventually is going to spend it.

Very possible... But I have a feeling that most of the NBA talent, would rather play somewhere else.

And unfortunately for Toronto you can't pay someone more than the CBA and salary cap dictates

but what big star wants to go there? Especially after Vince Carter trashed the place and spoke about how there is nothing to do for black athletes in Toronto, etc.

but what big star wants to go there? Especially after Vince Carter trashed the place and spoke about how there is nothing to do for black athletes in Toronto, etc.
Agree with this, but there's a lot of Euro and South American players in the league now.

The Euro players especially may be more accepting of Toronto's culture and climate.

Looking at that mock, I'd be much happier if my team took Kidd-Gilchrist (slated 4th), than if they took Drummond (slated 3rd).

I get that you can't teach height, but you also can't teach heart. Drummond never showed any at UConn, while K-G just looked like a winner at UK.

Very possible... But I have a feeling that most of the NBA talent, would rather play somewhere else.

And unfortunately for Toronto you can't pay someone more than the CBA and salary cap dictates

Very true on the negative perception from the younger players, although one could argue once you spend some time their most people learn to love Toronto.

As far as the salary cap, it's still a soft cap. So if teams like Toronto draft well then they'll have a huge financial advantage to keep their own. Much more than they did when Bosh left.

I'm not trying to say the Raptors are going to be a major player any time soon. Just saying they have a chance too. It's not in the class of the majors (NYC, LA, Chicago, Golden State (Bay Area), Miami) but much better than most of the rest.

I recall Vince trashing the team and management but not the actual city. Tons of blacks in Toronto so I'd be surprised if he couldn't find places he liked while there. More of a Caribbean culture there than in most US cities but still very ethnic. Much more so than places like Phoenix where Carter also played.

Also the climate is no worse than any midwest or northeast city like Chicago or Boston.

I'm a Knicks fan so Toronto becoming good is the last thing I'd want to see. I just think it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

How is the attendance in Toronto? I know it USED to be good when they had Carter and McGrady, but I assume it's fallen off considerably since then.

The point, of course, is that it strikes me as a city that would LOVE to embrace the team if they actually put a good product on the court.

How is the attendance in Toronto? I know it USED to be good when they had Carter and McGrady, but I assume it's fallen off considerably since then.

The point, of course, is that it strikes me as a city that would LOVE to embrace the team if they actually put a good product on the court.

Attendance is middle of pack which is good because their team is lower end. 17th averaging almost 17,000 per game.

One negative not mentioned is that it will ALWAYS be a hockey-first town regardless of how good the Raptors are. Maple Leafs tickets go for hundreds of dollars above face on the scalp market for a weekday game. They also have an AHL team playing in Air Canada center that also sells out often.

Kind of like playing basketball at Ohio State or an SEC school. You can be star but never as big as the other sport, which does hurt an NBA player's ability to get local endorsement deals.

Well here's the thing...can MKG play the 4? Do you take a risk with Drummond, when you've already got questionable big men on the team right now? Do you trade back and take a guy like Sullinger? Or do you stay where you are and take what looks like a sure thing in Brad Beal, and pair him with John Wall to form a really, really strong, young backcourt?

Well here's the thing...can MKG play the 4? Do you take a risk with Drummond, when you've already got questionable big men on the team right now? Do you trade back and take a guy like Sullinger? Or do you stay where you are and take what looks like a sure thing in Brad Beal, and pair him with John Wall to form a really, really strong, young backcourt?
Good points I am sure the wizards front office of what the best thing to do is lol man they have made some terrible picks over the years. I did like the Nene move though

If I was ranking the list of places in the NBA I'd want to end up at in order, I'd personally probably put Toronto in my top third. A world-class city with a lot to do. Would much rather be there than say, Sacramento, Memphis or Milwaukee.