2012 Mock NBA draft... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2012 Mock NBA draft...

If I was ranking the list of places in the NBA I'd want to end up at in order, I'd personally probably put Toronto in my top third. A world-class city with a lot to do. Would much rather be there than say, Sacramento, Memphis or Milwaukee.
I agree and if people think Toronto is bad I suggest reading Greg Oden's article on yahoo about Portland

Well here's the thing...can MKG play the 4? Do you take a risk with Drummond, when you've already got questionable big men on the team right now? Do you trade back and take a guy like Sullinger? Or do you stay where you are and take what looks like a sure thing in Brad Beal, and pair him with John Wall to form a really, really strong, young backcourt?

I feel like Drummond's gotta go to a team with a strong infrastructure in place. Unfortunately, those teams don't usually pick in the lottery.

Anthony Davis can go anywhere, and he will be a star, Drummond isn't wired like Davis, his career could easily go the way of Thabeet.

Not really. Brad Beal is a flat out stud.

i concur. i have no idea why he was so far down all year. He is better than drummond and much more consistent than MKG.

I feel like Drummond's gotta go to a team with a strong infrastructure in place. Unfortunately, those teams don't usually pick in the lottery.

Anthony Davis can go anywhere, and he will be a star, Drummond isn't wired like Davis, his career could easily go the way of Thabeet.
I feel like the best thing in the world for Drummond would be to go to the Spurs and spend the last two or three years of Tim Duncan's career just absorbing everything Tim has to teach him. That'll never happen, of course.

I feel like the best thing in the world for Drummond would be to go to the Spurs and spend the last two or three years of Tim Duncan's career just absorbing everything Tim has to teach him. That'll never happen, of course.

I almost wrote that he would be better off by going to the Spurs. But the reality is, everyone's career would be better off by going to the Spurs. That's just one organization that really seems to get it right.

Well the comparison WOULD be there if Drummond stayed all four years. When Duncan came out, even though he went #1, he suffered from the same criticisms of "nice guy syndrome" and people not being sure if he had the tenacity and fire to live up to expectations. Clearly, he surpassed them, and having David Robinson as a mentor couldn't have hurt. If Drummond could have Duncan as the same type of mentor...scary.

Again, it'll never happen, but still.

Drummond doesn't strike me as overly nice. He's just overly lackadaisical.

A guy with his talents in college, with the guards that he was working with, not to mention a guy with a skill set like Lamb had, should carry his team to a top 4 seed every single time. A dominant center in college is almost unstoppable, and he had the tools to be dominant.

I think it raises a big red flag that he couldn't do that. Honestly, how could he let his team lose to Providence? Who on PC could come close to stopping him?

I see they have Fab going #26 to the Pacers. I am hoping beyond hope he drops to #27 for the Heat. That fills such a major need for them and the Pacers already have Hibbert.

A guy with his talents in college, with the guards that he was working with, not to mention a guy with a skill set like Lamb had, should carry his team to a top 4 seed every single time. A dominant center in college is almost unstoppable, and he had the tools to be dominant.

I think it raises a big red flag that he couldn't do that. Honestly, how could he let his team lose to Providence? Who on PC could come close to stopping him?
The guy is a big Dennis Rodman. To quote Sir Chuck: if you locked him on a gym all night and told him he could not dunk, he would have 6 points in the morning.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Brad Beal seems like the kind of person who was born to play 2 guard in the NBA. He seems like an absolute home run for whoever gets him.

Here's the thing about Beal, and keep in mind I absolutely think he's better than Dion when I say this. Everyone says the knock on Dion is his height. Well, he and Beal are virtually identical in terms of height/weight, so why is no one questioning Beal's height? Is it because he's such a superior shooter?

Looking at that mock, I'd be much happier if my team took Kidd-Gilchrist (slated 4th), than if they took Drummond (slated 3rd).

I get that you can't teach height, but you also can't teach heart. Drummond never showed any at UConn, while K-G just looked like a winner at UK.
Agree 100% about K-G. I think in years to come, he'll be looked on as the best to come out this year.

Tim Duncan: Wake Forest Freshman averaged 30.2 MPG, 9.8 PTS, 9.6 RBS and 3.8 blocks. His team went 20-11 before the NCAAT and a second round exit as a 5 seed, beat COC in the first round. Did not score in his first game. 54.5 FG%, 74.5 FT%.

Andre Drummond: UConn Freshman averaged 28.4 MPG, 10.0 PTS, 7.6 RBS and 2.7 blocks. His team went 20-13 before the NCAAT and a first round exit as a 9 seed losing to ISU. Did not score in his first game. 53.8 FG%, 29.5 FT%.

Interesting that both had similar regular season records, but UConn was a 9 seed and WF was a 5 seed. Duncan was a better defender as shown in BPG and RPG and a better foul shooter.

Duncan had a huge jump from Freshman to Sophomore year, just absurdly huge. That Wake team had a great Randolph Childress at PG (great in college at least). Wake Forest and Duncan lost to Alaska-Anchorage and NC State (teams at the level of Providence this year, or worse).

BTW, LSU with Shaq was a 5 seed as a freshman, 6 seed his sophomore year and a 7 seed his junior year. Of course he averaged 13 and 12 as a freshman with 3.5 blocks. He made an even bigger jump than Duncan to almost 28 and 15 as a sophomore. Yet still couldn't get higher than a 6 seed. He benefited from playing with Chris Jackson at PG his freshman year and fellow bigmen Stanley Roberts and Geert Haamink. They only went 23-9.

Not really. Brad Beal is a flat out stud.
I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I saw Beal as high as #2 and someone called me out on it. Of course, at that time I couldn't find where I saw it. Glad you guys validated it. I can definitely see the draft going like that.

The guy is a big Dennis Rodman. To quote Sir Chuck: if you locked him on a gym all night and told him he could not dunk, he would have 6 points in the morning.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
Rodman to Drummond is an absolute horrible comparison.

AD will be fine in the NBA.

I think most people knew Thabeet would be a bust. He doesn't have the skillset that Drummond; hell, no one in this draft does. Obviously Davis goes #1 because he's more of a sure thing, but I think AD has a higher ceilling than everyone in the draft, including Davis.

Well here's the thing...can MKG play the 4? Do you take a risk with Drummond, when you've already got questionable big men on the team right now? Do you trade back and take a guy like Sullinger? Or do you stay where you are and take what looks like a sure thing in Brad Beal, and pair him with John Wall to form a really, really strong, young backcourt?

Gilchrist is a prototype 3. He is a Vince Carter /Michael Jordan elite kind of talent at the position. His 3 point shot will get better in time, but there is no one with a greater will to win in this class.