2012 Outlook (Long) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2012 Outlook (Long)

I guess we saw a different Pitt game. IMO, he made the right reads and ran with decent speed. He's faster through the hole then DC was and showed more moves then I've seen before. I attribute that to increased playing time in the Pitt game and having the chance to find a rhythm. I'm not saying he is better then DC just that he showed enough that there are other positions I'm more worried about.

I did see him play and I have no doubt he played well. It was best game of his career. However, his longest run was 10 yards. On some of the runs he lowered his head w/o looking for any daylight and just grinded out 6-7 yards. Yes, a good run. Great run? No. Now, if that was Walter Reyes carrying the ball, he would have kept his head up and gained several more yards, because on one of the run, there was a clear lane for him to cut back.

When Bailey was a freshman he ran for 126yds vs. Notre Dame. When DC was a freshman, he rushed for 100+ yds few games. We saw some great runs out of these players. I have not SEEN one great run or seen anything to make me believe he will be the RB to lead SU to top of the Big East or top 35 ranking.
Personally, I think we are looking at Van Chew type of player. Can play good against bad teams, but not good enough to make an impact against BE caliber team week in week out. Yes, Jerome Smith is a good change of pace back, but I believe Syracuse should be able to recruit better RBs than who can lead us to the next level. That's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Question, do you see him starting at places like Miami, VT, GT, UNC and NC state?

You could ask the same question about many of our players - as far as how many of them would start at any of those places. The other thing is that the Pitt game was the first game Jerome actually was a real part of the offense, the only other game where he had more then 5 carries (and that was only once) was in the WV game. So there was no way he was going to have any big games this year for us to look forward to because he wasn't even the 2nd string RB until Prince went down. So I don't think it's fair to compare Smith to Reyes or Carter. I'm also not trying to compare him to anybody else, all I'm saying is that between him and Prince they both showed enough this year to at least be optimistic. There are a lot more positions where there are obvious concerns. Just my opinion.

Has Nassib ever missed a single play over the last two years? I know he's never been hurt but I can't remember him even being shaken up and taking a play or series off.

Has Nassib ever missed a single play over the last two years? I know he's never been hurt but I can't remember him even being shaken up and taking a play or series off.

I can't remember a time.. The only time I can recall him missing snaps is when Loeb played at end of Maine game and Colgate in 2010.

I can't remember a time.. The only time I can recall him missing snaps is when Loeb played at end of Maine game and Colgate in 2010.

Loeb played at the end of the game @ UDub, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom