TBA PITTSBURGH
TBA at West Virginia
TBA LOUISVILLE
TBA at Cincinnati
TBA at South Florida
TBA CONNECTICUT
TBA at Rutgers
Notes:
Syracuse dropped a game against BC in summer of 2007 in order to schedule a two game home and home series with USC
Home game against USC moved to East Rutherford, NJ in fall of 2009

Syracuse announced a home and home series with Minnesota, which concludes in 2012, in November 2008

!=A nola.com story published December 2nd, 2010 indicated that SU will play Tulane in a home and home in 2011 and 2012
#=An article in the Albany Times-Union published 1/27/11 indicates Villanova will open its 2012 season with a game against Syracuse, presumably to be held at the Carrier Dome. Given that Syracuse already has commitments for 12 games in 2012, the report comes from the high school coach of a Villanova recruit and has not been verified by another source, it is not clear this report is accurate.
*=Texas Christian University accepted an invitation to the Big East on November 29th, 2010. They will begin conference play in 2012. Given that the Big East has announced intentions to add a 10th team for football and given it is not known whether the Big East will play an 8 or 9 game conference schedule when the the 10th football playing member is added, it is not possible to determine whether the TCU games will be played at home or away. It is not even possible to know if SU will play TCU in a given year. But until a 10th football team is added and more details are made available, I am projecting the TCU games will be scheduled to provide a balanced conference schedule for Syracuse (i.e. 4 home games and 4 away games).

Ok let's play scheduler here>
IMHO: we need at least 6 home games (to include the Meadowlands)

So let's assume the following: We'll be in the Big-USA next season, Nova story above is BS and the listed scheduled games are correct and WVU/TCU will be gone. WVU was an away game in 2012...this gives us options.

Right now we have 5 solid home games: Northwestern, Tulane, Pitt, Ville and UConn and one psuedo home game USC. We could accept two away games if we had to...

What I would do:
-- Schedule a 1AA guaranteed home game
-- Schedule one low major as an away game in '12 and get two home games in the future.

I would schedule the low major ASAP to fill TCU's slot. I would get a few 1AA's lined up on retainer to fill WVU's slot as needed but work first with Nova. Throw a bone to Nova...tell them if they remain flexible (pdg WVU) we'll play a game in Philly in the future for their trouble.

Net result: 6 true home games, 1 Meadowlands and 5 away with 2 home games set in the future and one possible away game in Philly.

Does the Big East need to have 8 teams next season in order to maintain it's AQ bid?

1-AA at home to fill TCU.

Maryland had an away game with WVU that was dropped. They can come here instead to fill the @ WVU slot. Problem solved.

6 home, 1 neutral, 4 away.

Maryland had an away game with WVU that was dropped. They can come here instead to fill the @ WVU slot. Problem solved.

What was the deal with the Maryland - WVU game? Related to WVU moving leagues, or just Maryland wanting another home game? (for dozens to see).

"Problem" exacerbated...we need to shoot lower. Maybe play Tulane twice.

Not too optimistic right now that record wise it is going to be much better next year. Good possibility of opening the season at 0-3.

What was the deal with the Maryland - WVU game? Related to WVU moving leagues, or just Maryland wanting another home game? (for dozens to see).
WVU will have nine league games. 2012 schedule shows JMU, Marshall and FSU OOC.

That would be 7 home, 1 neutral and 4 away. Which is fine by me all things considered that TGD screwed us on USC.

That would be 7 home, 1 neutral and 4 away. Which is fine by me all things considered that TGD screwed us on USC.

Wonder what they're doing about that USC game. Does a ticket to that game come with a season ticket? It should right? It's a home game. Does it change the pricing?

Or do season ticket holders in better seats (not the $99 group who gets it cheap enough as is) get a price break and first dibs on USC game tickets?

Wonder what they're doing about that USC game. Does a ticket to that game come with a season ticket? It should right? It's a home game. Does it change the pricing?

Or do season ticket holders in better seats (not the $99 group who gets it cheap enough as is) get a price break and first dibs on USC game tickets?

I think the season ticket price will not include USC and then season tickets holders will get first dibs on USC (preferred first then regular seasons holders).

I think we should play a low major early in the year and a 1AA later in the season ala SEC scheduling. Something to get confidence back up if it ends up lacking as it did this year and a bit lighter work load IF we can manage to get a big lead and pull the starters. Bring back Colgate or someone local.

They should give season tix away with the purchase of 2 USC tickets.

Seriously.

No...they would get a waiver

Man, if we were good next year, what a friggin' opportunity to take some BCS dinero on the way out the door.

*sigh*

:bang:

I think we should play a low major early in the year and a 1AA later in the season ala SEC scheduling. Something to get confidence back up if it ends up lacking as it did this year and a bit lighter work load IF we can manage to get a big lead and pull the starters. Bring back Colgate or someone local.

Zactly...that is how I would do it. Ask a MAC if they wanna host us on Sept 15th (calling Akron/Kent or Buffalo) and get two returns in the out years. Fill a Nova, etc at the Dome in Oct or Nov.

PS...I really loved playing at Akron. It was a wonderful stadium with a great tailgate setup. UB would be cool too. Kent not as good but it is located only 8 miles from Akron. We need to continue playing MAC teams in NE Ohio for recruiting.

Zactly...that is how I would do it. Ask a MAC if they wanna host us on Sept 15th (calling Akron/Kent or Buffalo) and get two returns in the out years. Fill a Nova, etc at the Dome in Oct or Nov.

PS...I really loved playing at Akron. It was a wonderful stadium with a great tailgate setup. UB would be cool too. Kent not as good but it is located only 8 miles from Akron. We need to continue playing in MAC teams in NE Ohio for recruiting.
Didn't notice that open date on the 15th at first. So maybe it's not so bleak that we run the risk of going 0-3 to start the season.

Meant to say northwestern sorry. So that is the opener no matter what and will be a good one I hope.

We need to schedule two wins or we are in big trouble next year

We need to schedule two wins or we are in big trouble next year

What I was thinking too...why I suggest a MAC and 1AA to fill out the schedule.

No one in the Big East can call the schedule weak with USC and Northwestern on it along with an improving Minnesota. All I know is Rutgirls schedule is going to be absolutely hideous with 4-5 auto wins.

Do people on the board email Gross about these suggestions at all? If so, does he ever respond to your feedback?

Do people on the board email Gross about these suggestions at all? If so, does he ever respond to your feedback?

Anyone know who is the scheduling guy at SU now (after Rob Edson left)? If so I'll shoot him an email.

Assuming we remain in the Big East next year and WVU is gone because they will be in the Big XII next year. The Big East will apply for and receive a waiver from the NCAA to play with only 7 members. So assuming we only have 6 Big East games @RU, @Cincinnati, @USF, UConn, Louisville, and Pitt will remain. We also know we got Northwestern at the Dome, @Minnesota, and Southern California in the Metlife. That leaves us with 3 OPENINGs. Good luck finding 3 Division I schools. Since we have 4 home games, 4 road games, and 1 pseudo home game one of the three openings will be a 1-AA school. WVU leaving kills us schedule wise. We will need to find 2 openings besides the 1-AA. The Tulane game wasn't scheduled for next year, but if get them next year then find a 12th game on the road even if we take a payday game like Colorado did against Ohio State did this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom