2012 Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2012 Schedule

Assuming we remain in the Big East next year and WVU is gone because they will be in the Big XII next year. The Big East will apply for and receive a waiver from the NCAA to play with only 7 members. So assuming we only have 6 Big East games @RU, @Cincinnati, @USF, UConn, Louisville, and Pitt will remain. We also know we got Northwestern at the Dome, @Minnesota, and Southern California in the Metlife. That leaves us with 3 OPENINGs. Good luck finding 3 Division I schools. Since we have 4 home games, 4 road games, and 1 pseudo home game one of the three openings will be a 1-AA school. WVU leaving kills us schedule wise. We will need to find 2 openings besides the 1-AA. The Tulane game wasn't scheduled for next year, but if get them next year then find a 12th game on the road even if we take a payday game like Colorado did against Ohio State did this year.

We have Tulane coming in 2012. We only need two games.

We have Tulane coming in 2012. We only need two games.

The Tulane board is under the impression that the Orange and the Green Wave are not meeting in 2012.

I actually like when su opens up on the road, labor day weekend not good for barrel,although I always end up going

I actually like when su opens up on the road, labor day weekend not good for barrel,although I always end up going

Can only open on the road if it's bad MAC, like Akron. That was like opening with a 1AA. Otherwise, too likely to have an 0-1 start.

I assume the games against Big 10 are solid. Big 10 typically schedules everything, including non conference, in advance.

NW will be like the Wake opener. I just checked out their stats, they lose their QB, leading RB, leading WR. Weird thing about their stats is that their backup QB, who played quite a bit early, was their leading rusher and 3rd leading receiver. I'll assume when he's not running the ball he's just passing it to himself. Sounds selfish to me.

Yuck...looks like Tulane has been moved but still nothing official...so it appears Alsacs is correct

If we have to find 3 games...we could have some real issues.

Yuck...looks like Tulane has been moved but still nothing official...so it appears Alsacs is correct

If we have to find 3 games...we could have some real issues.
TOS has Tulane still listed, but they still have TCU on the schedule

http://syracuse.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./3/fbschedule.html

TCU is long gone. Tulane is not scheduled till 2013 from what I heard.
We got 9 games
Northwestern
USC-Meadowlands
@Minnesota
@RU
@Cincinnati
@ USF
Uconn
Louisville
Pitt
You can obviously infer a 1-AA school will be game 10 somewhere Thus we will have 5 True Home games, 4 True Road games, and 1 neutral/pseudo home game.
With the doughnutholes that are TCU andd WVU which were originally games 11 and 12 we need to find 2 games
We should consider any Div 1 team that will do a home and home.
If we get a home and home with any team that ends up with game 11 at the Dome and we now have 6 home games, 4 road games, and the Meadowlands game my suggestion would be to make game 12 a cash game. We aren't going to due this a lot and it would be like 2004 with the game at Purdue without a return game but with the cash involved. Colorado this year got paid 1.8 MILLION dollars to go Ohio State this year without a return game. We should do the same the money will help with any contract extension we are going to have to give Marrone for recruiting purposes, and we SHOULD NEVER schedule 2 I-AAs EVER again.

Why not try the swap option with one of our future ACC buddies?

Go play at Duke and have one of their OOC's come to the Dome (FIU or Memphis).

Or

Since we never returned the BC trip go there and take Army.

Or

Clemson and Ball St
GA Tech and Middle Tenn St
Give MD another home game and take their game @Temple
NC St and USA if USA counts as a 1A
UVA and LA Tech
VT and Bowling Green
Wake and Army

TCU is long gone. Tulane is not scheduled till 2013 from what I heard.
We got 9 games
Northwestern
USC-Meadowlands
@Minnesota
@RU
@Cincinnati
@ USF
Uconn
Louisville
Pitt
You can obviously infer a 1-AA school will be game 10 somewhere Thus we will have 5 True Home games, 4 True Road games, and 1 neutral/pseudo home game.
With the doughnutholes that are TCU andd WVU which were originally games 11 and 12 we need to find 2 games
We should consider any Div 1 team that will do a home and home.
If we get a home and home with any team that ends up with game 11 at the Dome and we now have 6 home games, 4 road games, and the Meadowlands game my suggestion would be to make game 12 a cash game. We aren't going to due this a lot and it would be like 2004 with the game at Purdue without a return game but with the cash involved. Colorado this year got paid 1.8 MILLION dollars to go Ohio State this year without a return game. We should do the same the money will help with any contract extension we are going to have to give Marrone for recruiting purposes, and we SHOULD NEVER schedule 2 I-AAs EVER again.
if it has to be 5-6-1 do it. cant have 2 d1aa.

a quick search has middle tennessee needing a game. as well as maryland and our old friend vpi.

edit: looks like kansas needs 1 too.

of course, im sure penn state will be needing ooc games since EVERY school will no longer want to play them because they are molesters.

just like our hoop team.

:noidea::crazy:

Oh Lord

Why not try the swap option with one of our future ACC buddies?

Go play at Duke and have one of their OOC's come to the Dome (FIU or Memphis).

Or

Since we never returned the BC trip go there and take Army.

Or

Clemson and Ball St
GA Tech and Middle Tenn St
Give MD another home game and take their game @Temple
NC St and USA if USA counts as a 1A
UVA and LA Tech
VT and Bowling Green
Wake and Army
that is certainly another option.

nothing can get moving till the wv situation is figured out. if theyre let go, then i cant imagine pitt and SU not following. the time frame would give JB plenty of time to work on his schedule too.

nothing can get moving till the wv situation is figured out. if theyre let go, then i cant imagine pitt and SU not following. the time frame would give JB plenty of time to work on his schedule too.

I think we should hold off on WVU and let that be the 1AA. If it ends up being WVU, then so be it. Tough schedule, boo hoo. But I have a feeling the 1AA is being lined up now and if WVU is a late scratch, they will be replaced by another 1AA. To make it fair, we should play the other 1AA in NYC too. Play it in the Meadowlands parking lot.

I don't trust the BE playing nice. I can see WV going now. SU and Pitt staying for 2012 and then planning on leaving for 2013. Then the BE saying that with SU and Pitt the BE can have a CCG and we cannot leave until 2014. I think the BE is that spiteful.

Northwestern
Minnesota
USC
MAC Team
Baby Seal U
Clemson
Wake Forest
Maryland
Florida State
NC State
Pittsburgh
Boston College

or substitute the MAC school for another conference game against the other ACC division.

I don't trust the BE playing nice. I can see WV going now. SU and Pitt staying for 2012 and then planning on leaving for 2013. Then the BE saying that with SU and Pitt the BE can have a CCG and we cannot leave until 2014. I think the BE is that spiteful.

BE needs to think long and hard about this CCG idea. Is San Diego State going to make money by traveling to NYC for this game? You would think Yankee Stadium, the preferred host from what I hear, is going to require the schools to buy some minimum of tickets. TV rights going to be through the roof for possibilities of who could play in this game?

And what if the graduation of Kellen Moore, Doug Martin and Tyler Shoemaker means Boise State comes down to earth a bit? Anyone think they were going to keep up this magical run? Maybe, but that's your leading passer, rusher, receiver. Those 3 helped soften the losses of the 2 WRs last year. Going to work again? You going to get 25,000 Boise-eans traveling to Manhattan?

And keep in mind that the fans of all those schools would then have to turn around and travel to a BCS bowl if they win the CCG.

Just don't see this working out well. Keep 10 teams, play all 9 each season, and winner goes BCS. At least in 2013. Or do the CCG like Conf USA did, #1 seed hosts. Houston almost sold out that way.

no way. SU is out at a minimum in 13.

id imagine they are waiting to see what happens, with their fingers crossed that they can go to the ACC in 12.

fyi: eastern and central michigan need a game too.

BE needs to think long and hard about this CCG idea. Is San Diego State going to make money by traveling to NYC for this game? You would think Yankee Stadium, the preferred host from what I hear, is going to require the schools to buy some minimum of tickets. TV rights going to be through the roof for possibilities of who could play in this game?

And what if the graduation of Kellen Moore, Doug Martin and Tyler Shoemaker means Boise State comes down to earth a bit? Anyone think they were going to keep up this magical run? Maybe, but that's your leading passer, rusher, receiver. Those 3 helped soften the losses of the 2 WRs last year. Going to work again? You going to get 25,000 Boise-eans traveling to Manhattan?

And keep in mind that the fans of all those schools would then have to turn around and travel to a BCS bowl if they win the CCG.

Just don't see this working out well. Keep 10 teams, play all 9 each season, and winner goes BCS. At least in 2013. Or do the CCG like Conf USA did, #1 seed hosts. Houston almost sold out that way.

If the P12 has the best team host then certainly the BE should.

no way. SU is out at a minimum in 13.

id imagine they are waiting to see what happens, with their fingers crossed that they can go to the ACC in 12.

fyi: eastern and central michigan need a game too.

Offer up two for ones right now with EMU and CMU

Assuming we remain in the Big East next year and WVU is gone because they will be in the Big XII next year. The Big East will apply for and receive a waiver from the NCAA to play with only 7 members. So assuming we only have 6 Big East games @RU, @Cincinnati, @USF, UConn, Louisville, and Pitt will remain.

I wouldn't be surprised if the locations of some of the BE games change. Dropping WVU still left SU with a tidy 3 home and 3 away conference games, but some of the other schools likely have a 4-2 mix one way or the other (I haven't looked at any other teams schedules to confirm). There might be easy fixes to those situations that don't affect games with SU, but it's also possible that they revamp the entire conference schedule if there are multiple conflicts.

SU and Pitt will be in the ACC by 2013 because the Big East will have mitigated its damages by adding 5 members to replace 3 leaving. Next year AT WORST is our LAST YEAR in the Big East. However, assuming we are stuck next year and have 10 games scheduled we will need atleast 1 home game. If some ACC schools would help out that would be great, but I wouldn't expect them too. With N'Western, Minnesota, USC, and 1-AA school, I would prefer one MACish type team, and don't care on the other. So If we could get 1 home game I would make the second game whatever would pay us the most money.
Assuming we are in the ACC and we have 8 conference games keep Northwestern, Minny, USC, and the D-1AA. If its 9 conference games then we will play 12 games against BCS competition good luck Coach Marrone.

Good luck finding 3 Division I schools. Since we have 4 home games, 4 road games, and 1 pseudo home game one of the three openings will be a 1-AA school. WVU leaving kills us schedule wise. We will need to find 2 openings besides the 1-AA. The Tulane game wasn't scheduled for next year, but if get them next year then find a 12th game on the road even if we take a payday game like Colorado did against Ohio State did this year.

That might not be so hard, because the schools in the conferences that are growing (like the SEC) are going to have to drop some opponents from their schedule to fit in new teams (eATMe and Mizzou). I don't think any school is going to have their 2012 schedule set in stone for quite a while.

how brilliant of gross to broker an away and away game with his former employer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom