2012 vs. 1992 Dream Team | Syracusefan.com

2012 vs. 1992 Dream Team

Eric15

Living Legend
I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think if the 2012 and 1992 teams play 100 times, 2012 wins roughly 70% of the games.

Yes. Game is much more physical now. Just look at the size of guys in the early 1990s. Post players were rarely over 220 lbs.

I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think if the 2012 and 1992 teams play 100 times, 2012 wins roughly 70% of the games.

You've got to be kidding me.

The Dream Team would be lucky to stay within 20 of the 2012 team. Who's their answer for Thickburger?

Oh great this thread again

It was the ESPN.com poll question today which it was why it was in my head.

Quick, start a more interesting thread and let's bury this one.

I was only 3 for the 1992 team; but I'd think Robinson and Ewing (vomit) vs. Chandler would be a massive advantage for '92 and ultimately be the difference.

I was only 3 for the 1992 team; but I'd think Robinson and Ewing (vomit) vs. Chandler would be a massive advantage for '92 and ultimately be the difference.

+ karl malone and barkley against blake and the 3's who will be playing 4 is another mismatch.

i think i'd go with 2012, but that's mostly because the original had a couple emeritus members (magic and bird) + laettner. 2012 doesn't have the luxury of pulling guys like that onto the team.

it's interesting that since the '04 embarrasment, we've set up our team to play the euro style. prior, we just played OUR style and rolled through everyone.

"F", Marry, Kill:
Oprah, Kathy Griffin, Kathy Bates
F you, I don't want to marry any of them, I'd rather kill myself.

That works right?

Also, no way the 2012 team wins 70 out of 100, especially without Wade and Howard.

According to Barkley, only 3 players on the 2012 team would even make the '92 roster.

As long as they contained LBJ, I don't see this as a matchup.

+ karl malone and barkley against blake and the 3's who will be playing 4 is another mismatch.

i think i'd go with 2012, but that's mostly because the original had a couple emeritus members (magic and bird) + laettner. 2012 doesn't have the luxury of pulling guys like that onto the team.

it's interesting that since the '04 embarrasment, we've set up our team to play the euro style. prior, we just played OUR style and rolled through everyone.

Yep, put on Thomas, Wilkins, and maybe Dumars or Tim Hardaway. I'll take that.

OR stick Rodman in there. That'd be fun.

F you, I don't want to marry any of them, I'd rather kill myself.

That works right?

Also, no way the 2012 team wins 70 out of 100, especially without Wade and Howard.
I think they would be happy to assist but i get your point. I really do!:p

The 2012 team would win every game because those guys from 1992 are all in their 40s and 50s now.

You "do see the problem,Right ??The space time continuum won't allow for that series of games to take place just yet. I understand that Doc Brown is working on that for us and my son has an exact duplicate of the time machine in storage off property Guarded by sharpshooters. No kidding. Famous hollywood cars are guarded like children you would not believe the number of homes that have guard towers in LA. Not just the multimillion dollar Beverly Hills estates either. Manned by armed guards who only warn once before opening fire. I've seen the towers up close in one case . The men who are in them arte not your transit cop variety of protection.:eek:

Yes. Game is much more physical now. Just look at the size of guys in the early 1990s. Post players were rarely over 220 lbs.

Could not disagree more. The game today is so much less physical than the game back then.

Did you watch the game back then? The Knicks and Sixers of that era beat the crap out of people and it was legal. Hand checking back then was legal too. Malone and Barkley were tanks (Barkley used to guard Shaq when he played for the Suns). Chandler wouldn't handle Ewing and Robinson. The only advantage the 2012 team has is small forward with Lebron, Melo, and Durant against an over the hill Bird and Chris Mullin. If '92 puts a line-up of Robinson, Malone, Barkley, Jordan, Drexler on the floor, '12 can't match it.

Could not disagree more. The game today is so much less physical than the game back then.
I think he meant the size of the players. A lot of the players now are just insane physical specimens, which wasn't necessarily the case back then. You don't see many players built like Stockton or Barkley succeeding in 2012.

It was the ESPN.com poll question today which it was why it was in my head.

I thought maybe albanycuse was holding you at gunpoint and you had no choice.

1992 and it wouldn't be very close.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

1992. Jordan would make LeBron cry. Who would ref it though, 92 rules or now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom