2013-14 pre-season tournament schedule | Syracusefan.com

2013-14 pre-season tournament schedule

Alot of really good non-conference games next year. Those listed atent evn including UK-Lville or the B1G/ACC challenge matchups. Also, I heard rumors that Indiana and Lousiville are going to open up at Madison Square Garden too. My guess if that happens Lousiville wins by 20+ tho.

Pretty disappointing field for the Maui. I expect SU will be the top seed and draw Chaminade in the first round. That's a lose/lose proposition right off. If you beat a D2 school it doesn't even count as a win to the Tourney committee and heaven help you if you lose...and drop 10 spots in the polls. Half the time Chaminade wins because the top seed looks past them and they play psyched out of their minds. It's their NCAA tourney. Hope we come ready to play.

Maui will have 3 top 25 teams which is fine. Baylor, Gonzaga, and Syracuse will all be ranked next year to start the season. If the Maui organizers slot SU to play one of Baylor/Gonzaga in the semifinals, and have one of them for the finals its great for us.
I think SU could play something like this Cal first round winner of Baylor/Arkansas while Gonzaga is on the other side with Minnesota,Chaminade and Dayton. My first round games are SU vs. Cal, Baylor vs. Arkansas, Chaminade vs. Minnesota, and Gonzaga vs. Dayton.

My guess is that Baylor will be ranked higher than Gonzaga. Championship game will be Cuse vs Baylor. Gonzaga lost their most important player.

Pretty disappointing field for the Maui. I expect SU will be the top seed and draw Chaminade in the first round. That's a lose/lose proposition right off. If you beat a D2 school it doesn't even count as a win to the Tourney committee and heaven help you if you lose...and drop 10 spots in the polls. Half the time Chaminade wins because the top seed looks past them and they play psyched out of their minds. It's their NCAA tourney. Hope we come ready to play.

I don't thinl they really seed t he field like that; last year UNC was the most highly thought of team in the field prior to the season; Texas drew Chaminade. The year before there were 4 preason top 25 teams in the tournament; none of them played Chaminade in round 1. It could happen, I actually have no idea how they draw the teams, but it's no lock is all.

And Chaminade is 7-75 all time in the tournament. So I'm not too worried if we draw them

Man, we gotta have tee reach you how to be not such a Debbie Downer.

Duke always tells the Maui people we don't want to play and won't play Chaminade first round. JB will have the same pull as Coach K the organizer of the tournament is former Wake Forest coach Dave Odom, and Chaminade will probably play one of Minnesota, California, or Arkansas. I think SU will seeded with one of Baylor/Gonzaga on their side and whoever the organizers think is the 4th best team will be slotted to play Baylor/Gonzaga in the semi-finals.

Syracuse will fine as long as we get a first game against Minnesota/Dayton/Cal/Arkansas then we will play three power teams most likely during the tournament.

No one tourney stands out, really.

Man, we gotta have tee reach you how to be not such a Debbie Downer.
Oh, word?
FN4BGABT5P1BOWOQ.jpg

Geez, Florida. Way to challenge yourself.

GLOBAL SPORTS CHALLENGE
  • Dates: Nov. 8-22
  • Teams: Florida, Middle Tennessee State, Arkansas-Little Rock, Southern, North Florida

Geez, Florida. Way to challenge yourself.

GLOBAL SPORTS CHALLENGE
  • Dates: Nov. 8-22
  • Teams: Florida, Middle Tennessee State, Arkansas-Little Rock, Southern, North Florida

Add in St. Copious of Northern Nebraska, and we've got a hum dinger! Florida, lol

coolmoviecaps-caddyshack-242807.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom