New JB Interview with Sean Keeley | Syracusefan.com

New JB Interview with Sean Keeley

djcon57

Living Legend

Lots of interesting stuff, but I thought this bit on Red was very interesting:

"I thought he did an unbelievable job this year. I thought they were really shorthanded, losing their centers. All three of them really couldn’t play. Benny [Williams], obviously, had major issues. They had six sophomores doing the playing. I think it was a Coach of the Year type of season. Amazing season.

I think they’re on the right path. They’ve got some good recruits. I think they’ll be good next year. I’m really tremendously pleased with everything that he’s been able to do."

Lots of interesting stuff, but I thought this bit on Red was very interesting:

"I thought he did an unbelievable job this year. I thought they were really shorthanded, losing their centers. All three of them really couldn’t play. Benny [Williams], obviously, had major issues. They had six sophomores doing the playing. I think it was a Coach of the Year type of season. Amazing season.

I think they’re on the right path. They’ve got some good recruits. I think they’ll be good next year. I’m really tremendously pleased with everything that he’s been able to do."
yeah Red coldnt really lead with the problems he faced...would come across as making excuses and probably look bad

I think he dealt with way more problems than a "normal Season" ...and still did alright...

hopefully this next year, allthat stuff is in the rearview and the kinks are ironed out...with a deep roster

As a long time fan, physically far removed from the program but who watches every game that is available in my area, it sure appeared to me like Red was dealing with some major attitude issues on this season's team. It should be the case that next years squad is more cohesive and responsive to Red since it will be mostly a team of his crafting.

Looking back I believe Red got all he could out of a team that had major basketball deficiencies, injuries, and internal contention.

Good job, coach.

Last edited:
Not knowing anything I surmise that Q was peeved that a deadman started ahead of him. Red could have fixed that by starting Q. Now we lost Q who I think could have a high ceiling if he valued the ball and improved his outside shooting. He has the requisite athleticism.

We might have had a few more wins and made the dance and been able to hold onto Judah. Too often we started in a hole. Judah and Q have their critics but they were only sophs. I am not looking forward to starting all over again especially when our image is mostly shot.

Not knowing anything I surmise that Q was peeved that a deadman started ahead of him. Red could have fixed that by starting Q. Now we lost Q who I think could have a high ceiling if he valued the ball and improved his outside shooting. He has the requisite athleticism.

We might have had a few more wins and made the dance and been able to hold onto Judah. Too often we started in a hole. Judah and Q have their critics but they were only sophs. I am not looking forward to starting all over again especially when our image is mostly shot.
Brighten up, man. That glass is half full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom