2013-15 Recruiting update | Syracusefan.com

2013-15 Recruiting update

Francis03

All American
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2012/03/2013-15-recruiting-targets-update.html

Just an update on several targets and for those that want a breather from the Noel stuff.

Also the other thread that I made about Noel and the circus wasn't anything personal about him or anything. It's just a circus with how fans and media can go crazy and are anxious daily to read the mind of a teenager. I know I got more to worry about on a daily basis than that. I wish Nerlens nothing but the best and I'm a big fan of his game. If he chooses SU good, if not then it is what it is. Like I said the staff will still do their numbers and bring in top level talent regardless.

Good stuff as always francis, thanks...just curioUs but is vonleh off the radar

Thanks Francis. Is there a certain incident or recruit that the issues with Lincoln HS trace back to? I know this disconnect has been common knowledge for a while but wasn't sure if there was a specific cause.

Francis,
Realizing it's early, if you were to take a guess on Ennis, where would you say he ends up?

Also, any word on Vonleh reclassifying to 2013?

Thanks Francis. Is there a certain incident or recruit that the issues with Lincoln HS trace back to? I know this disconnect has been common knowledge for a while but wasn't sure if there was a specific cause.

Marbury and Telfair were both recruiting headaches.

Good stuff as always francis, thanks...just curioUs but is vonleh off the radar
It's just recent updates of certain guys. I had nothing new on Vonleh, Rondae Jefferson, McCullough, etc. I should have new updates on those guys and several others next month when the AAU season begins.

Francis,
Realizing it's early, if you were to take a guess on Ennis, where would you say he ends up?

Also, any word on Vonleh reclassifying to 2013?
I really like our chances with Ennis. Instant starter minutes available and close to home is a big plus.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Vonleh pull a Noel and reclassify to his original class, which is 2013.

These classes look stacked with talent and a lot of interest in su, muy bueno

I give up on the Nerlens Noel sweepstakes.

I feel like Joshua. The only winning move, is not to play. So how about a nice game of chess.

aka other recruits.

Thanks Francy

There was also a lot of bad blood when Jesus Shuttlesworth committed to Big State.
Nice He Got Game reference...personally La La Bonita made that movie!

Stanford Robinson... You're saying he wants a 'Cuse offer and that he likes us?

I really like our chances with Ennis. Instant starter minutes available and close to home is a big plus.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Vonleh pull a Noel and reclassify to his original class, which is 2013.

Awesome stuff Francis, thanks! The playing time thing is actually worries me with Ennis though. It is entirely possible that MCW leaves after next year - but if he doesn't you're looking at a back court of a Jr. MCW and a redshirt Soph. Cooney. Ennis would start in his Soph. year (assuming there is no way MCW stays 4 years).

That is also assuming we don't bring in another guard late for the 2012 class. I know you are high on Daquian Walker and I am as well. Walker would fill a tremendously important role next year as another slashing primary ball handler - but of course that makes the 2013 back court even more crowded with essentially two Juniors and a Soph. Walker (or any other out of left field guard that we may bring in).

Any thoughts on the playing time situation with respect to Ennis? Thanks again for all the tremendous info.

Stanford Robinson... You're saying he wants a 'Cuse offer and that he likes us?
Yessir. Red used to coach at the school that Robinson currently attends. The connections and interest is there, it's all about if JB wants him.

Awesome stuff Francis, thanks! The playing time thing is actually worries me with Ennis though. It is entirely possible that MCW leaves after next year - but if he doesn't you're looking at a back court of a Jr. MCW and a redshirt Soph. Cooney. Ennis would start in his Soph. year (assuming there is no way MCW stays 4 years).

That is also assuming we don't bring in another guard late for the 2012 class. I know you are high on Daquian Walker and I am as well. Walker would fill a tremendously important role next year as another slashing primary ball handler - but of course that makes the 2013 back court even more crowded with essentially two Juniors and a Soph. Walker (or any other out of left field guard that we may bring in).

Any thoughts on the playing time situation with respect to Ennis? Thanks again for all the tremendous info.
Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I wouldn't worry about playing time with Ennis. Cooney isn't going to play a full 40, and you can move MCW to SG when Ennis runs point.

So are we really after Simmons or was the fake Twitter the only thing mentioning us in the same breath as him?​

So are we really after Simmons or was the fake Twitter the only thing mentioning us in the same breath as him?​
SU is recruiting him but the twitter account which claimed he committed to SU was fake.

SU is recruiting him but the twitter account which claimed he committed to SU was fake.
I never thought I'd see the day that my school (FGCU) would be recruiting a player that Syracuse is recruiting, I love it! lol

I can't believe someone would make a fake twitter account of a player that isn't even in college yet, and that isn't one of the top 50 in the nation. It's unreal.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2012/03/2013-15-recruiting-targets-update.html

Just an update on several targets and for those that want a breather from the Noel stuff.

Also the other thread that I made about Noel and the circus wasn't anything personal about him or anything. It's just a circus with how fans and media can go crazy and are anxious daily to read the mind of a teenager. I know I got more to worry about on a daily basis than that. I wish Nerlens nothing but the best and I'm a big fan of his game. If he chooses SU good, if not then it is what it is. Like I said the staff will still do their numbers and bring in top level talent regardless.

A couple questions and I apologize in advance if they are of the "duh, how the f can't you know that" variety...

When people talk about how good our zone is, one of the things that always gets mentioned near the top is how our "length" makes it difficult for other teams. This length applies, not just to the backline but also to our guards.

With that in mind, why would we be looking at a guy like Santil who is only 5'11"?

Am I simply exaggerating our ability to recruit and sign exactly who we want to these days?

Jerami Grant. What type of player is he? Is he known for his shooting ie. Nichols, his athleticism (Dave Johnson), some combination thereof?

A couple questions and I apologize in advance if they are of the "duh, how the f can't you know that" variety...

When people talk about how good our zone is, one of the things that always gets mentioned near the top is how our "length" makes it difficult for other teams. This length applies, not just to the backline but also to our guards.

With that in mind, why would we be looking at a guy like Santil who is only 5'11"?

Am I simply exaggerating our ability to recruit and sign exactly who we want to these days?

Jerami Grant. What type of player is he? Is he known for his shooting ie. Nichols, his athleticism (Dave Johnson), some combination thereof?
You have to keep options open and do your due diligence when it comes to all kinds of prospects. Just because a database which probably hasn't been updated in months or a year has a kid listed at 5'11, doesn't mean he hasn't grown. Saintil could be 6'1 or 6'2 by now for all we know. SU offered a PG name Jaylen Brantley who was only 5'9 last summer. He's now close to 6 feet now and who knows where he'll max out at.

All you need to know about Jerami Grant's game is in the link below
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2012/03/new-jerami-grant-highlights.html