2013 LT Alex Officer | Syracusefan.com

2013 LT Alex Officer

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Is he visiting this weekend? There is a big time 2013 OL prospect visiting for the Cincy game

Got to be at the top of board for next year class.

How "big time" is he? Like 5 star, numerous BCS offers big, or 3-4 star, multiple BCS offers big?

Either way hopefully we can land him.

3-4 star, has a Pitt offer at the moment.

He will be high four with a lot of offers. Need to try to lock him up early. Va tech, arkansas, louisville also showing heavy interest and has been invited to army aa combine

He will be high four with a lot of offers. Need to try to lock him up early. Va tech, arkansas, louisville also showing heavy interest and has been invited to army aa combine

With a name like Officer I just hope he doesn't arrest someone during his visit .. that could get ugly.

SU recruited his brother hard but he ended up signing with Va Tech. He has since transferred to UMass.

This guy is at the top of my wish list for recruiting next year. Would love to have an early commit from him.

I was thinking it was time to look for Pugh's replacement. It is tough to know if Hickey will ever be able to make it through a season with those knees.

Obviously Alex didn't end up coming to Syracuse, but I'm posting an update since he was a local kid (from Rochester) and I'm a family friend of his.

Alex was having knee pain during training camp with the Kansas City Chiefs, and after it continued to get worse, he got an MRI on it and they found that he had osteosarcoma, a type of bone cancer, in his knee. His brother has started a GoFundMe to raise money to help pay for his cancer treatment and it's raised a little over $40,000 in the past couple days.

Links to an article about Alex & the GoFundMe that his brother started as well as a link to the actual GoFundMe if anyone is interested are below.

Former Eastridge, Pittsburgh standout Alex Officer diagnosed with bone cancer

Last edited:
Obviously Alex didn't end up coming to Syracuse, but I'm posting an update since he was a local kid (from Rochester) and I'm a family friend of his.

Alex was having knee pain during training camp with the Kansas City Chiefs, and after it continued to get worse, he got an MRI on it and they found that he had osteosarcoma, a rare bone cancer, in his knee. His brother has started a GoFundMe to raise money to help pay for his cancer treatment and it's raised a little over $40,000 in the past couple days.

Links to an article about Alex & the GoFundMe that his brother started as well as a link to the actual GoFundMe if anyone is interested are below.

Former Eastridge, Pittsburgh standout Alex Officer diagnosed with bone cancer

Good luck to Alex. I wonder if there is something going on with the environment in Pittsburgh? First James Conner and now Alex, both dealing with cancer while so young...

Good luck to Alex. I wonder if there is something going on with the environment in Pittsburgh? First James Conner and now Alex, both dealing with cancer while so young...
I do know, having grown up in the rust belt between Cleveland and Pittsburgh that the rates of cancer in the local populations are generally higher than the national average. However, I also think that it may be a factor of longer term exposure, ie 30-50 years of breathing the air and drinking the water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom