2013 Tournament Venues: 3-way fight

syrabillslican

Walk On
Regional Sites:

Washington D.C.
Indianapolis
Arlington, TX
Los Angeles

It's not news to anybody here that the only places on earth with more Cuse fans than DC are Syracuse and NYC. Getting placed in the DC region is the top prize available for Syracuse this year and should be the entire focus of the regular season. The Verizon Center would be jam packed with Syracuse fans, constituting an incredible advantage - more so even than Boston in '03. But there is huge competition for that one seed in Duke and Florida.

Both Duke and Florida have looked extremely good this year racking up good non-conference resumes. If they continue their non-conference romp, there is no reason to think anybody in the awful, terrible, no-good ACC or SEC stand any chance at dethroning them (though Florida has a history of choking and UK may make a come-back).

Now obviously, there is much to be played out as this season has only just begun. So many scenarios have yet to be played out. But ignoring that and projecting the season as is, there is a good chance of Syracuse getting the third or fourth number one seed and getting shipped to Texas or California. Which would suck. Hard.

In sum, I'm rooting hard for Duke's and Florida's demise. Either they go down, or we have to root for Syracuse to play poorly enough to get a 2 rather than a 1.

/WildSpeculation

Duke will be hurt by a weak ACC. On the other hand, they have some excellent non-conf wins.

All things being equal, when it comes to seeding, always bet on Duke.

Besides, I'd imagine LA is pretty nice in late March.

If Temple somehow beats Duke ( unlikely) and we then beat Temple.. that would certainly help..

Unless Duke loses a bunch of ACC games their resume is going to destroy ours because of all their impressive non-conference wins. Indiana/Louisville/Michigan/Ohio State are competing for Indy. SU/Duke are competing for Washington. Florida/Big Xii winner likely Kansas for Arlington, and Gonzaga/Arizona look good for LA. I think we will need a 29-2 regular season to have a better 1 seed resume for Washington D.C. than Duke, who always gets the benefit of the doubt from the committee. I would rather be the 2 seed in Washington than be the 1 seed in Arlington or Los Angeles.
Right now the top 8 teams IMO have separated a little bit from the nation. Indiana, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Florida, Louisville, Gonzaga, Ohio State. With Arizona, Cincinnati, Kansas, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Georgetown, Michigan State, New Mexico looking like the other potential protected seeds.

Place us in the west with schools that can't play basketball no matter how high they are ranked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke has DC already sewed up. It would take a meltdown or Plumlee getting injured for them lose it. I know it is early to say that, but they are clearly the #1 team right now and nobody in the ACC is going to seriously challenge them. They will lose a game or two probably, but so will we. Hate to say it - DC is an impossible dream for us unless we are not a 1 seed.

Duke has DC already sewed up. It would take a meltdown or Plumlee getting injured for them lose it. I know it is early to say that, but they are clearly the #1 team right now and nobody in the ACC is going to seriously challenge them. They will lose a game or two probably, but so will we. Hate to say it - DC is an impossible dream for us unless we are not a 1 seed.

SU should still get Philly for the first weekend.

Oh, Cool. One son lives in LA, on lives in Dallas. If not DC, then one of those!!!