2014-2015 home-and-homes | Syracusefan.com

2014-2015 home-and-homes

slidingdown

Puts syrup on his syrup
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but has it been decided yet who our home-and-homes for next season will be? I read that we have been declared "primary partners" with ACC/BE brethren Pitt and BC, but does anyone know which arenas we can be expected to travel to next year?

I only ask because there's been some talk about a possible trip to a warmer climate for a game next year (such as Miami or FSU) if the schedules line up for a weekend trip.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

This year we have 4 home and homes, and assuming the ACC stays with 18 conference games next season, and with the addition of L'ville there will only be 3 home and homes next year. As of right now we will always play Pitt and BC home and home so that leaves 1 more team. I would guess the ACC would rotate us through Duke UNC and L'ville as the other home and home every 3 years. So probably UNC or L'ville next year since we had Duke this year.
Then we would get Duke at home and at L'ville/UNC next year... Or vise versa

CuseBBall said:
This year we have 4 home and homes, and assuming the ACC stays with 18 conference games next season, and with the addition of L'ville there will only be 3 home and homes next year. As of right now we will always play Pitt and BC home and home so that leaves 1 more team. I would guess the ACC would rotate us through Duke UNC and L'ville as the other home and home every 3 years. So probably UNC or L'ville next year since we had Duke this year. Then we would get Duke at home and at L'ville/UNC next year... Or vise versa

I think UL is replacing Maryland next season, so I am pretty sure the # of home and homes will remain the same.

Also, I believe we are only locked into a home and home each season with BC. The others are determined by the ACC with heavy input from ESPN, which means you can expect home and homes with the other top schools in the conference.

Wouldn't ordinarily expect SU to play the ACC schools on Florida next season given we at both there this season but both could be top teams in the conference next year and might therefore be candidates for home and homes.

This year we have 4 home and homes, and assuming the ACC stays with 18 conference games next season, and with the addition of L'ville there will only be 3 home and homes next year. As of right now we will always play Pitt and BC home and home so that leaves 1 more team. I would guess the ACC would rotate us through Duke UNC and L'ville as the other home and home every 3 years. So probably UNC or L'ville next year since we had Duke this year.
Then we would get Duke at home and at L'ville/UNC next year... Or vise versa

Well true Ville is coming in but they are replacing Maryland so Cuse should have 4 Home and Home games next year as well. BC and Pitt are locks as you said but there will be 2 more H&H partners for next year.

Well true Ville is coming in but they are replacing Maryland so Cuse should have 4 Home and Home games next year as well. BC and Pitt are locks as you said but there will be 2 more H&H partners for next year.
Why do you think Pitt is a lock for a home and home? I haven't heard that before.

Here's my guess on how the schedule will work. You will play BC and Pitt H&H because they're your partners. You will play all the teams you played at home only this season on the road next season and all the teams you played on the road at home. With Duke and Miami, one will become part of this season's "home only" list that you will play on the road next season and the other will go to this season's "away only" list that you will play only in the Dome next year. One team from each list will be next season's rotating H&H teams. For example, you play us in C'ville this year. Next year we will definitely play you in the Dome with the possibility that we will be the H&H pulled from this season's "Away Only" list. As it stands today before the ACC Winter Meeting, Louisville is a one-for-one swap for UMd in all sports. Since you play the Twerps only in College Spark this year, Louisville will also play you in the Dome next season with the possibility of being the rotating H&H from that list, just as UVa is.

Last edited:
If the ACC is smart, we'll get either Duke or UNC at home every season. Sometimes we'll get both.

I want Duke, Pitt and Louisville twice every year. Crazy? Yep, but that's some great basketball to watch as a fan.

If the ACC is smart, we'll get either Duke or UNC at home every season. Sometimes we'll get both.

Quite possible in addition to making eminently good sense. If my guess is right, you'll play in Chapel Hell next year. so they should have Dook come back to the Dome, putting them in the opposite column from UNC for your scheduling. That's how they are for us; we went to Durham and we play the Holes in C'ville on Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom