2014 Duke @ SU full game | Syracusefan.com

2014 Duke @ SU full game

Ennis thickburger 7'8 jeremi grant now that was a team.
Duke had two decent NBA types on that team--Hood and Parker. But I think that SU had a better collection of college players, overall.

Still a bit of a mystery why that team petered out at the end of the season.

We only took 4 three pointers all night & still scored over 90 points. Ennis was so good at penetrating to the basket. Watching that game just highlighted how pathetic we now are down low & at the point.

has the sour faced duke woman from that game ever returned to the dome?
Watching the game now on ESPNU & there were a lot of sour faced duke fans
This was such an incredibly talented Syracuse team. What a fun game to rewatch.
That team was loaded with talent - went into OT with a line-up of Ennis, Cooney, JGrant, Fair, & Christmas!

incredible game. lived up to the hype and then some! i remember being so drained when it ended that i couldnt even celebrate that much, and i was only watching on tv lol

That whole weekend was nuts. Vanessa Williams for some reason refused to share an elevator ride with me. The Dome has wraparound lines from 3 on to get in. It felt like a prizefight without the tuxedos. Thanks for the post!

Su 3-4 from 3 and duke 15-36!

Insane statistic!

They doubled down on the teams strengths and it won them a lot of games. I wish this current team had a clear identity to focus on.

Couldn’t shoot

yup. the writing was on the wall all year wiyh that team, the 25-0 start just masked the problems. they won alot of close low scoring rock fights during the streak, then they started losing those same games the last month. they would have won the dayton game in january, put cant keep playing in those games and expect to keep winning.

Imagine plopping Buddy down next to Ennis? Team needed some extra shooting and he’d have fit well.

Imagine plopping Buddy down next to Ennis? Team needed some extra shooting and he’d have fit well.

Even if Gbinije was just a little more ready. He was a role player off the bench that year and hadn’t shown to be much of an outside shooter yet. The following season he really came on as a shooter as the season progressed.

Put Junior year Gbinije(12 ppg, 39% from 3) on that team and we might win it all.

As hyped as this game was, both of these teams were overrated. Duke lost in the first round and Syracuse in the 2nd round.

I often think of an alternate universe where the NCAA suits weren't out to get Boeheim and Ennis and Grant both returned to school in 2015...and weep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom