2014 Schedule Starting to Trickle in... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2014 Schedule Starting to Trickle in...

You'll always have Met Life, my money is on one of the ACC games heading there this year. Personally, I wish they would play Army home and away. I dislike that SU doesn't play at Army or Albany, away games toughen a team and the roadtrip forms great bonds amongst the boys.

I thought they would have announced the MetLife games by now, so I'm wondering whether they're still on for next year.

None of the Inside Lacrosse games (Big City, Faceoff Classic, etc) have been announced. All of the websites have last years games listed. I would expect SU to be involved in at least one of those games. Would not be suprised to see SU vs UVa or Hopkins at Faceoff and SU vs Duke or ND at Big City. No inside knowledge, just a guess.

I thought they would have announced the MetLife games by now, so I'm wondering whether they're still on for next year.

None of the Inside Lacrosse games (Big City, Faceoff Classic, etc) have been announced. All of the websites have last years games listed. I would expect SU to be involved in at least one of those games. Would not be suprised to see SU vs UVa or Hopkins at Faceoff and SU vs Duke or ND at Big City. No inside knowledge, just a guess.

Usually those NFL stadium games have a 2-year contract, so both teams lose their home game. UVa will probably play JHU @ M&T again this year as the second game of the series. (I loved how the JHU fans were claiming last year that playing in M&T really wasn't a home game for them. :rolleyes:) Didn't you guys play ND in the Meadowlands last year? If that was the first time, then you'll probably play them there again this year.

I think I am more disappointed with no Army more than no Princeton (if that holds true). I think playing a service academy early is as good a test you can give a team. If they are not on the schedule I hope they replace Maryland as the preseason scrimmage. Two brutal three game stretches; Albany, UMD, UVa and then Hopkins, Duke and ND. Good thing they have a "breather" against St Johns.

Not sure I would consider St. Johns a "breather", they bring back pretty much there entire offense including Mcardle. Now should Syracuse win, absolutely but the last two regular season games against them have been dog fights. Its to bad we couldnt slide a Binghamton or a Siena during one of those three game streaks. The good news is UVA will probably still be working back to elite status and not as good as they normally are, ditto for JHU. If I had my choice I would rather we drop Albany, thats pretty much a no win situation for Syracuse.

Usually those NFL stadium games have a 2-year contract, so both teams lose their home game. UVa will probably play JHU @ M&T again this year as the second game of the series. (I loved how the JHU fans were claiming last year that playing in M&T really wasn't a home game for them. :rolleyes:) Didn't you guys play ND in the Meadowlands last year? If that was the first time, then you'll probably play them there again this year.

Could be. We lost a home game with ND last year. This could be ND's turn.

Not sure I would consider St. Johns a "breather", they bring back pretty much there entire offense including Mcardle. Now should Syracuse win, absolutely but the last two regular season games against them have been dog fights. Its to bad we couldnt slide a Binghamton or a Siena during one of those three game streaks. The good news is UVA will probably still be working back to elite status and not as good as they normally are, ditto for JHU. If I had my choice I would rather we drop Albany, thats pretty much a no win situation for Syracuse.

We can't drop Albany for two reasons:

1. We'd look like we're afraid to play UAlbany after they beat us last year.

2. Do you really want to screw Miles, Lyle and Ty out of the opportunity to play in front of their family & friends one last time?

College Crosse‏@SexyTimeLax30m
Conference realignment strikes again: Princeton and Syracuse aren't playing this season.

College Crosse‏@SexyTimeLax25m
This will be the first season since 1998 that Syracuse and Princeton haven't met in the regular season.

2. Do you really want to screw Miles, Lyle and Ty out of the opportunity to play in front of their family & friends one last time?

I agree about #1 but if Syracuse wins it gets zero credit if we lose we have to listen to another three months of how Albany slayed the dragon again. Albany's conference is so weak we wont get a SOS bump or really anything for beating them. Second anyone who thinks Syracuse is afraid to play Albany is kidding themselves, Ty and Lyle are going to be Seniors and Albany has one NCAA berth to show in there entire time there with zero NCAA wins. Were not talking about playing the 06 UVA squad here, there Defense is awful and expected to be just as bad this year.

Regarding #2 I honestly could care less. They go to Albany not Syracuse so whether they get to play in front of there family and friends should be priority number 1 million when considering Syracuse's schedule. Albany is a few hours from Syracuse, if there family and friends want to see them play every home game its pretty easy for them to get to the games, its not like were talking about them playing for Denver. Plus Miles is only a Jr so he will have another chance to play against Syracuse in the Dome in 2015.

Regardless its clear were going to play them and I look forward to setting the world back to where it belongs with a Syracuse victory.

College Crosse‏@s e x yTimeLax30m
Conference realignment strikes again: Princeton and Syracuse aren't playing this season.

College Crosse‏@s e x yTimeLax25m
This will be the first season since 1998 that Syracuse and Princeton haven't met in the regular season.

Smart decision by Syracuse, you have to lessen the schedule somehwere, you cant expect this team or future ones to run the gauntlet every single weekend.

Smart decision by Syracuse, you have to lessen the schedule somehwere, you cant expect this team or future ones to run the gauntlet every single weekend.

Sadly, though, we've pretty much pulled out of the northeast. We used to play games in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Maryland/DC and New Jersey.

I hope we keep playing at MetLife to keep some presence outside of NY State.

Sadly, though, we've pretty much pulled out of the northeast. We used to play games in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Maryland/DC and New Jersey.

I hope we keep playing at MetLife to keep some presence outside of NY State.

I hear ya but a lot of those games were lost due to conference re-alignment to the ACC so theres not really much Syracuse can do there. I would assume that Syracuse will not only continue to play the Metlife games but they will also get back to some of there scheduling roots in the years to come ie Loyola, Umass, etc. I wouldnt be shocked if we picked up Providence and or Nova as well perhaps on rotating years moving forward. Give it a few years I think you will see some more NE games. Plus you can also go to the JHU game this year.

1. I couldn't care less what we look like. With that ACC schedule, the only ones who would say we're afraid to play them is Albany. And I don't care what they say.

2. I don't think we owe them anything, do we?

Plus, didn't SU and UVa discontinue (or at least not continue) playing their games a neutral sites because both coaches agreed the kids looked forward to playing at the other team's home field? I seem to remember that being one of the reasons given.

Plus, didn't SU and UVa discontinue (or at least not continue) playing their games a neutral sites because both coaches agreed the kids looked forward to playing at the other team's home field? I seem to remember that being one of the reasons given.

And us fans looked forward to watching the games on our home fields. That's why we only did the neutral site deal for 2 years.

Another Princeton thought...

We always played Princeton and Cornell back-to-back. Last year they were the start of the "5 games in 15 days" gauntlet that Desko wasn't too fond of.

Judging by the schedule that wvlax posted, Cornell could be Saturday April 5, which gives us a full week off before UNC.

One mid-week game against Binghamton, sandwiched between Notre Dame and Cornell, and every other game on a weekend.

Siena (Sat Feb 8)
Albany (Sat Feb 15)
Maryland (Sat Feb 22)
@ Virginia (Sat March 1)
St Johns (in Atlanta) (Sat March 8)
@ Hopkins (Sat March 15)
@ Duke (Sat March 22)
Notre Dame (Sat March 29) [Met Life???]
Binghamton (Wed April 2)
@ Cornell (Sat April 5)
UNC (Sat April 12)
@ Hobart (Sat April 19)
ACC Championship (Fri-Sun April 25-27)
Colgate (Sat May 3)
NCAA's

Last edited:

We always played Princeton and Cornell back-to-back. Last year they were the start of the "5 games in 15 days" gauntlet that Desko wasn't too fond of.

Judging by the schedule that wvlax posted, Cornell could be Saturday April 5, which gives us a full week off before UNC.

One mid-week game against Binghamton, sandwiched between Notre Dame and Cornell, and every other game on a weekend.

Siena (Sat Feb 8)
Albany (Sat Feb 15)
Maryland (Sat Feb 22)
@ Virginia (Sat March 1)
@ Hopkins (Sat March 15)
@ Duke (Sat March 22)
Binghamton (Wed April 2)
@ Cornell (Sat April 5)
UNC (Sat April 12)
@ Hobart (Sat April 19)
Colgate (Sat May 3)
NCAA's

A better schedule for Syracuse for sure. Love that Colgate game at the end of the year, it could be used in a variety of ways, really hope we keep that game there moving forward.

The fans look forward to those games, too. Our even-year schedule is the greatest, with home games vs. SU, JHU, and Dook. Only the weather can keep folks from wanting to come to any of those games!

And us fans looked forward to watching the games on our home fields. That's why we only did the neutral site deal for 2 years.

Amen to that!!!!! Our even-year schedule is the greatest, SU, JHU, and dook at home. Only the weather (and playing JHU in M&T stadium again :() can make a fan not want to drive to C'ville for those games!

Siena (Sat Feb 8)
Albany (Sat Feb 15)
Maryland (Sat Feb 22)
@ Virginia (Sat March 1)
@ Hopkins (Sat March 15)
@ Duke (Sat March 22)
Binghamton (Wed April 2)
@ Cornell (Sat April 5)
UNC (Sat April 12)
@ Hobart (Sat April 19)
Colgate (Sat May 3)
NCAA's

I'm assuming that some of those dates are speculative. SU hoops plays NC State on Feb. 15.

I hear ya but a lot of those games were lost due to conference re-alignment to the ACC so theres not really much Syracuse can do there. I would assume that Syracuse will not only continue to play the Metlife games but they will also get back to some of there scheduling roots in the years to come ie Loyola, Umass, etc. I wouldnt be shocked if we picked up Providence and or Nova as well perhaps on rotating years moving forward. Give it a few years I think you will see some more NE games. Plus you can also go to the JHU game this year.

I've never been able to make the Hopkins game. Too far.

Siena (Sat Feb 8)
Albany (Sat Feb 15)
Maryland (Sat Feb 22)
@ Virginia (Sat March 1)
@ Hopkins (Sat March 15)
@ Duke (Sat March 22)
Binghamton (Wed April 2)
@ Cornell (Sat April 5)
UNC (Sat April 12)
@ Hobart (Sat April 19)
Colgate (Sat May 3)
NCAA's

Thanks for the projected dates OrangeXtreme. I'm thinking (I could be wrong) that the Cornell game is still a mid-week tilt because the Cuse game for Cornell is sandwiched between Harvard and Brown. It seems it would be a fairly significant undertaking for Cornell to ask a conference opponent (Harvard) to move that game to another date.

Bunch of random responses and thoughts since my last post on the schedule:
- St. John's as a breather was a joke, it will be a two goal game. Unfortunately it will be a neutral site game. Would like that in the Dome.
- I don't care what Albany fans and cuse haters think about our schedule if they dropped Albany for Siena this year. Our conference and traditional opponents are difficult enough with out them on our schedule. As for opponents getting an opportunity to play infront of their family as the away squad, go pound sand.
- Villanova would be a great team to have on schedule for recruiting purposes, ton of talent in Philly area.
- Love the Cornell mid-week game, hope it stays that way for selfish reasons. Always enjoyed that bus ride to Ithaca and playing under the lights.
- Could care less about playing Princeton without Tierney, game lost a ton of luster when Bates took over.
- Wouldn't suprise me if Providence was on schedule in 15 or 16.
- We play a lot of games in the northeast, just most of them are in the Dome.
- Teams we played 20 years ago...UNC, Yale, Hopkins, TowsonSt, UVa, Brown, Umass, Loyola, Rutgers, Hobart, Cornell, UPenn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom