Cordell Hudson, CB
Adly Enoicy, TE
Aaron Roberts, OG
Lamar Dawson, CB
Denzel Ward, OT
Chris Slayton, DE

Last edited:
☞LAMBO DAW☞‏@LamarDawson10 mins
Childhood dreams true today to play college ball officially signed to Syracuse university!!!

Great class! Awesome job coaches! Great start to my day! Literally wanted to jump around when Ward signed. I settled for a fist pump! Very excited about the next 4 years of this team!

Very good job,

Less two stars, held the class, addressed a unit weakness at WR, added a little more size in the secondary, depth at DT and LB.

Continued progress. Class mostly of solid 3 star players. Very few, if any, reaches. Only a couple of last minute B list adds.

Mostly competing with other P5 peer schools.

As others have said best class in at least 10 years.

Next step: more top 300 players, wins against PSU, ND,..., multiple 4 star recruits.

Very good job,

Less two stars, held the class, addressed a unit weakness at WR, added a little more size in the secondary, depth at DT and LB.

Continued progress. Class mostly of solid 3 star players. Very few, if any, reaches. Only a couple of last minute B list adds.

Mostly competing with other P5 peer schools.

As others have said best class in at least 10 years.

Next step: more top 300 players, wins against PSU, ND,..., multiple 4 star recruits.

It all comes down to winning. If we can continue improving, we can start landing some higher profile kids.

I think this 2014 class is incredibly underrated by the sites, but that's fine. It's all about smashing mouths in on the football field.

Yeah, the core of our program more often than not will be 3 star talent, with selective pickups from 2 stars, and the occasional 4 star sprinkled in. This is a nice class in that direction.

25 for 25. Not one flip! Solid year...

Parris Bennett, LB
Zaire Franklin, LB
Rodney Williams, S
Jonathan Thomas, LB
Antwan Cordy, CB
KJ Williams, WR
Colton Moskal, LB
Jalen Harvey, DT
Alin Edouard, QB
AJ Long, QB
Corey Cooper, WR
Wayne Williams, DT
Kayton Samuels, DT
Steve Ishmael, WR
Jamal Custis, WR
Erv Philips, RB
Juwan Dowels, CB
Naes Howard, CB
Treevon Prater, S
Cordell Hudson, CB
Adly Enoicy, TE
Aaron Roberts, OG
Lamar Dawson, CB
Denzel Ward, OT
Chris Slayton, DE

One thing about this coaching staff, they can recruit! I was excited about bringing in someone like McDonald, with his reputed prowess on the recruiting trail, but the staff overall seems built to recruit.

That's great to see--if we keep winning and going to bowls, they are really going to upgrade the overall talent level of the roster over the next few classes.

Today was a big step in the right direction.

One thing about this coaching staff, they can recruit! I was excited about bringing in someone like McDonald, with his reputed prowess on the recruiting trail, but the staff overall seems built to recruit.

That's great to see--if we keep winning and going to bowls, they are really going to upgrade the overall talent level of the roster over the next few classes.

Today was a big step in the right direction.

This year, the big key will be if we can get to 8 wins. It's one thing to sneak into a bowl. It's another thing entirely to go 8-4. That's kind of a benchmark (to me, anyway) of a quality team. Not an elite team, but a team that can compete and win more than its share of games.

I started to type out what I think are the key games for us next year, but seriously, I see 8 of the games on our schedule as winnable games that could go either way. We need to go at least 5-3 in those games, and take care of business with who we are supposed to beat.

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU5 mins
#syracuse head coach scott shafer said he only wanted linemen that could eventually play tackle.

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU3 mins
#syracuse head coach scott shafer said he feels indebted to kids from south florida, they've made him look like a better coach than he is.

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU2 mins
shafer on fitting mcdonald's vision: "they're all big wide receivers, they make a ton of plays when covered."

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU1 min
shafer: wide receivers more than they need, going to bring them in and compete

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU56 secs
shafer: please with how terrell finished season, kids on campus and alin edouard give a chance to have great competition.

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU1m
shafer on immediate impact: we'll know in three to four years. maturation will be different for each kid. don't want to annoint any kids.

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU36s
shafer on wideouts: 'we'll never know until we get them to camp and throw the ball up to them. it'll be great competition.'

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU54 secs
shafer: "still fighting the fight to keep NY kids at home. would have loved to keep seven from state.'

shafer: "jonathan thomas reminds me of dyshawn davis."

shafer: "they all have chips on their shoulder."

I likey.

25 for 25. Not one flip! Solid year...

Parris Bennett, LB
Zaire Franklin, LB
Rodney Williams, S
Jonathan Thomas, LB
Antwan Cordy, CB
KJ Williams, WR
Colton Moskal, LB
Jalen Harvey, DT
Alin Edouard, QB
AJ Long, QB
Corey Cooper, WR
Wayne Williams, DT
Kayton Samuels, DT
Steve Ishmael, WR
Jamal Custis, WR
Erv Philips, RB
Juwan Dowels, CB
Naes Howard, CB
Treevon Prater, S
Cordell Hudson, CB
Adly Enoicy, TE
Aaron Roberts, OG
Lamar Dawson, CB
Denzel Ward, OT
Chris Slayton, DE

Jason Cabinda, LB flipped to PSU (back in Oct.)

EDIT: However this class is a GREAT step forward. I am very excited, and I think that wemade fantastic inroads for next year. I can already hardly wait!

Last edited:
Jason Cabinda, LB flipped to PSU (back Oct.)

EDIT: However this class is a GREAT step forward. I am very excited, and I think that wemade fantastic inroads for next year. I can already hardly wait!

Nothing like last year, and more importantly, nothing UNEXPECTED by the staff.