2014 Syracuse Preview - Bill Connelly | Syracusefan.com

2014 Syracuse Preview - Bill Connelly

bnoro

Lurker
For those statheads like myself, this is an awesome read by Bill Connelly, who in my opinion is one of the best college football writers out there. He breaks down last year well and sets a good idea of what we can expect moving forward this year.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...yracuse-football-2014-preview-schedule-roster

Understand, however, that he hasn't watched us that much but his statistics are very accurate to describe us.

Thank you for posting the article, was a great read.

Just wonder why Enoicy and Custis aren't listed along with the other freshman WR's/TE's.

Very interesting. Just a quick glance but a lot of it makes sense. The adjusted scores are skewed due to backups screwing up the numbers though.

Very interesting. Just a quick glance but a lot of it makes sense. The adjusted scores are skewed due to backups screwing up the numbers though.
This is true but that applies to every team.

Uh...

Hunt brought efficiency to the table while running backs Jerome Smith, Prince-Tyson Gulley, and Devante McFarlane brought explosiveness. (George Morris II brought neither, but he's got time to improve.)

Uh...

Hunt brought efficiency to the table while running backs Jerome Smith, Prince-Tyson Gulley, and Devante McFarlane brought explosiveness. (George Morris II brought neither, but he's got time to improve.)
Once again, it's by his statistics for efficiency and explosiveness, not based on game tape.

Once again, it's by his statistics for efficiency and explosiveness, not based on game tape.
Yeah, I should have put more context around it.

In the comments, he says that he watched NW, Clemson, FSU, and Minny, and that he thought McFarlane looked more explosive from what he saw. Obviously no one who previews all 125 (or whatever) teams knows every minute detail about every team's third and fourth RBs, but Bill C. does a great job.

In the comments, he says that he watched NW, Clemson, FSU, and Minny, and that he thought McFarlane looked more explosive from what he saw. Obviously no one who previews all 125 (or whatever) teams knows every minute detail about every team's third and fourth RBs, but Bill C. does a great job.
McFarlane is I think a sneaky dangerous guy on our team. Really excited about his potential.

I've said it a million times, but I think Morris and McFarlane are two of the most dynamic backs we've had in a really, really long time.

McFarlane is I think a sneaky dangerous guy on our team. Really excited about his potential.

I've said it a million times, but I think Morris and McFarlane are two of the most dynamic backs we've had in a really, really long time.

McFarlane showed great potential last year, I really think he could be a difference maker as early as this fall.