2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

I'd say that even more important than the pass-rushers was the fact that the Broncos secondary basically shut down all the pick plays and crossing routes that the Patriots usually eat teams alive with. For most of the year, the other team's pass rush didn't matter because Brady could get the ball out so quick. The secondary/linebackers forced him to hold the ball longer than he wanted and it was just long enough for Miller, Ware, Wolfe, and Jackson to get to Brady.

been shoveling...or lying on the floor in pain, while drinking...all weekend so i gave all my thoughts to brady to have him post them here, but they were intercepted and didnt connect...go figure.

anywho, love to see the Simms hate...just confirmed to me that he is clearly the BEST analyst out there, so glad hes doing SB50.

clear example of another of the boards rules...when you are confused as to which side of the argument to be on...go read the board, see which way the wind is blowing...then take the opposite side and you will find yourself correct.

the patsys are 1 pete carroll boneheaded decision from being this generations buffalo bills.

LOOSAH'S

been shoveling...or lying on the floor in pain, while drinking...all weekend so i gave all my thoughts to brady to have him post them here, but they were intercepted and didnt connect...go figure.

anywho, love to see the Simms hate...just confirmed to me that he is clearly the BEST analyst out there, so glad hes doing SB50.

clear example of another of the boards rules...when you are confused as to which side of the argument to be on...go read the board, see which way the wind is blowing...then take the opposite side and you will find yourself correct.

the patsys are 1 pete carroll boneheaded decision from being this generations buffalo bills.

LOOSAH'S

LOL. After listening to Simms yesterday, I'm not so sure he wasn't drinking all weekend with you.

I'm inventing a new drinking game. Every time Aikman says 'drive the ball' you have to drink. I watched very little of that game last night (for 2 obvious reasons) but when I was watching, I heard him say it a minimum of 5 times. Never heard him go to the well so many times before.

I just wagered 3/4s of my dividend bonus on Carolina -3.5. The amount is about a year of SU tuition.

Denver beat the NE exactly how Cusefan0307 said they dominated the Pats OL with pressure and flooded the short passes. No complaints at all but I think Carolina pounds them.. Could be wrong but I am putting my money on it not happening.

Also Phil Simms is a moron Kaiser. I get he is a former Giant but he is so dumb in the booth and never says anything. He always agrees with the refs and never gives you any information that you didn't already know. Fouts/Eagle are so much better than Simms/ Nantz on CBS. You watch the NFC guys way more than Simms he is awful. I can't wait for Peyton Manning or Rex Ryan to take Simms job.

Al Michaels is the best play by play guy and Aikman is the best color guy right now.
the book on Simms is he can come in and run any teams offense he is calling because he is so prepared. i like aikman too, even despite the fact he roots against the Giants when calling the games. fouts is good, but theres a reason why Simms has been the #1 analyst for 20 years.

peyton will get a job...rex will not, or it will be short lived. hes more a studio guy anyway.

brady was just intercepted again as i typed that.

the book on Simms is he can come in and run any teams offense he is calling because he is so prepared. i like aikman too, even despite the fact he roots against the Giants when calling the games. fouts is good, but theres a reason why Simms has been the #1 analyst for 20 years.

peyton will get a job...rex will not, or it will be short lived. hes more a studio guy anyway.

Simms has been number 1 because networks don't make changes. It is like tenure once you get the job you never lose it.
Simms contract is up after this year and I wouldn't be surprised if Manning gets his job next year. Rex Ryan will get a TV job 100% he is loud and has opinions. I think he will be a studio guy but he will get a job.

Simms is awful. He never gives opinions or second guesses anything. He is so bland and awful. He is a spineless jellyfish in the booth. Nantz has to be the play by play and color guy a bunch of times.

Brady didn't play well yesterday but he has been to the AFC title game the last 5 years. It sucks that a disappointing year is losing that game. If the Pats retool the OL and get 1 FA WR they will be back right in contention next year. I hope your Giants can actually fix the team and get back to .500 next year.

https://twitter.com/philsimmsquotes

We had doozies like these yesterday

Nantz: “What have you seen out of Brady so far?”
Phil: “Oh ya know crowd noise is making him throw the ball.”

“If you’re Tom Brady, you have to catch and throw the ball.”

If you take a shot every time Simms says talked about like the freaking broadcast is a production meeting you would be passed out by the 2nd quarter.

Simms is the worst #1 color guy in the NFL.
1. Aikman
2. Collinsworth(used to be #1 now he drank the shield kool aid)
3. Gruden
4. Simms.

Simms has been number 1 because networks don't make changes. It is like tenure once you get the job you never lose it.
Simms contract is up after this year and I wouldn't be surprised if Manning gets his job next year. Rex Ryan will get a TV job 100% he is loud and has opinions. I think he will be a studio guy but he will get a job.

Simms is awful. He never gives opinions or second guesses anything. He is so bland and awful. He is a spineless jellyfish in the booth. Nantz has to be the play by play and color guy a bunch of times.

Brady didn't play well yesterday but he has been to the AFC title game the last 5 years. It sucks that a disappointing year is losing that game. If the Pats retool the OL and get 1 FA WR they will be back right in contention next year. I hope your Giants can actually fix the team and get back to .500 next year.
i just dont buy that on Simms, heard him all year on Thursdays and enough on Sundays to have a decent opinion. if i thought he was bad, i would want him out...to protect his legacy. but hes pretty good.

on the Giants, with TC they wouldve won 12 games next year...now i think they struggle to 10.

i am happy Peyton made the SB, now i have a team to root for.

if it was NE-Car, i wouldve been forced to root for carolina and i really dont like Cam.

he definetly is the MVP this year though, hes got talent.

Well, well, well. 57 pages later and here we are. I guess the old saying is true once again, 'You don't have to be scared to get your ass whipped'.

Once again a great day of weather in the Mile High for the AFC title. I love the fact our D backed up all the talk and then some. I can't remember a #1 D in the nfl get so little attention or respect.

Also so glad to see Manning graded higher than Brady, and no I don't care why or how. I saw Manning under center plenty which I have been told over and over he couldn't do. He was running Kubiaks offense and managing the game and not turning the ball over and even running for an 11 yard gain, lol. Once again getting his team into the correct plays and sniffing out the d. That's why you start him, and he proved it. No one gave him a shot at ever playing another down after he was obviously hurt and the KC debacle.

Again, building up calluses like winning and grinding out close games all season pays off huge later. You knew immediately when both starting safeties gone from the game Brady was going to target the backups, no surprise there. But through 3.5 quarters the pats only getting 1 td, was a thing of beauty.

Old bb made so many bad decisions I don't know where to start. The Jets game? But word on the street is, as soon as bb elected to take the ball after winning the coin toss instead of deferring, the Broncos knew they were in the pats head. In case anyone forgot, bb was also one of the main proponents of moving the extra point back. Lol.

All everyone's done all season, is say who the Bronco's will lose to next, and they just keep grinding and winning.

btw, my friend that went to the game with me yesterday put 10K on the pats, money line (he's a Raider season ticket holder). Good thing he can afford to lose it. I would've had to jump from the top of the stadium.

https://.com/philsimmsquotes

We had doozies like these yesterday

Nantz: “What have you seen out of Brady so far?”
Phil: “Oh ya know crowd noise is making him throw the ball.”

“If you’re Tom Brady, you have to catch and throw the ball.”

If you take a shot every time Simms says talked about like the freaking broadcast is a production meeting you would be passed out by the 2nd quarter.

Simms is the worst #1 color guy in the NFL.
1. Aikman
2. Collinsworth(used to be #1 now he drank the shield kool aid)
3. Gruden
4. Simms.
thats akin to the hoop teams probation.

spend enough time breaking down someone(thing) and you will find something.

collinsworth: its sad what hes become, he was soo much better years ago.

gruden is a MNF gimmick, you watch it to hear him be gruden, not for the game. Simms and Aikman let the game be the game, gruden and collinsworth try to tell people how much they know, how cool they are and try to keep eyeballs on the screen for the all important ratings #.

I just wagered 3/4s of my dividend bonus on Carolina -3.5. The amount is about a year of SU tuition.

Denver beat the NE exactly how Cusefan0307 said they dominated the Pats OL with pressure and flooded the short passes. No complaints at all but I think Carolina pounds them.. Could be wrong but I am putting my money on it not happening.

Also Phil Simms is a moron Kaiser. I get he is a former Giant but he is so dumb in the booth and never says anything. He always agrees with the refs and never gives you any information that you didn't already know. Fouts/Eagle are so much better than Simms/ Nantz on CBS. You watch the NFC guys way more than Simms he is awful. I can't wait for Peyton Manning or Rex Ryan to take Simms job.

Al Michaels is the best play by play guy and Aikman is the best color guy right now.

Carolina is only -3.5 for the Super Bowl?

That's crazy.

I thought it would be at least 6 points.

Carolina is only -3.5 for the Super Bowl?

That's crazy.

I thought it would be at least 6 points.
Yahoo Sports ‏@YahooSports
Carolina opens as 3.5-point favourite to win SB 50

I jumped on it last night. It is now up to Carolina -4.
Denver deserved to win yesterday as they were the better team but that point spread is insane. I jumped all over it. Largest single bet I have ever made and if I win it I will donate a portion of it to Pearl's treatment.

thats akin to the hoop teams probation.

spend enough time breaking down someone(thing) and you will find something.

collinsworth: its sad what hes become, he was soo much better years ago.

gruden is a MNF gimmick, you watch it to hear him be gruden, not for the game. Simms and Aikman let the game be the game, gruden and collinsworth try to tell people how much they know, how cool they are and try to keep eyeballs on the screen for the all important ratings #.
I am telling you honestly Simms just doesn't tell you anything. He doesn't want to rock the boat on his cushy job and get the players/coaches mad at him. Aikman/Collinsworth gives opinions when they disagree.

Gruden is a cheerleader with his stupid Spider 2 Y Banana stuff. Nobody takes him seriously.

Simms is bad. He is smart and knows the game but doesn't tell you anything. Every call is the right call. That stuff is annoying in the booth. Fouts will give an opinion. Manning will be better than Simms next year.

Denver deserved to win yesterday as they were the better team but that point spread is insane. I jumped all over it. Largest single bet I have ever made and if I win it I will donate a portion of it to Pearl's treatment.

Dang I might have to jump on it to. All the money is going to be on Carolina. Fishy Spread.

gonna let that rise, then come in on the broncos.

panthers might not take denver seriously.

just like all of you here.

and on the edit, its 5.5 everywhere i see.

and thats what it opened at.

Last edited:
gonna let that rise, then come in on the broncos.

panthers might not take denver seriously.

just like all of you here.

I usually agree with you regarding pro sports, but a few points:

- Carolina's D has a D that can match up with Denver's.

- Cam can move and is much stronger than Brady. A collapsing pocket may actually present more opportunities for Cam than it would otherwise if he can escape

- I actually was scared for Peyton when he would go to the ground trying to avoid a sack. He looked like an old man whose cane had broken

- Cam wins everywhere he goes. Everywhere. At some point, people will need to appreciate his greatness (not saying you are dismissing this at all, talking about it in general terms).

- About Phil Simms - he stinks. I think he could be better (and I think he was better), but he was caping so hard for Peyton that it was obnoxious. To be fair to him, it's not like Nantz isn't with him on that boat. No one has gotten this kind of overt defense from analysts since Favre was put on a pedestal by Berman and co at ESPN.

- BTW, I like Al and Cris and Ian Eagle and Fouts. I think Al and Cris are the gold standard and I think Eagle and Fouts have distanced themselves from Tirico/Gruden and Simms/Nantz.

Alright, I'm going back to posting about the NBA. BTW, Giants are going 14-2 next year and winning the NFC East, as long as we construct a front seven that deserves NFL paychecks.

Don't get me wrong Simms has kissed the Pats butts plenty when he does their games. He is just AWFUL. He doesn't tell you anything you don't know and says we talked about 15-30 times a game.

CBS needs a new #1 analyst and Mike Perriera should be the rules expert for all stations. Mike Carey might be worse than Simms.

Don't get me wrong Simms has kissed the Pats butts plenty when he does their games. He is just AWFUL. He doesn't tell you anything you don't know and says we talked about 15-30 times a game.

CBS needs a new #1 analyst and Mike Perriera should be the rules expert for all stations. Mike Carey might be worse than Simms.
mike carey is clearly an idiot, they needed to pull the plug on him a long time ago.

i dont have the passion to listen and break down an announcer like you guys do. other than SNF & MNF...football watching is always a social event for me.

im breaking down the game with friends and dont have time to really listen.

i still dont think Simms is that bad, you can rip apart anyone.

I do want to be clear, as a Giants fan, Phil Simms can suck at whatever job he does, but he still has a pass from me. Don't care what he wants to do. He got us two titles (in conjunction with Hoss and OJ picking up the slack in 90-91).

I do want to be clear, as a Giants fan, Phil Simms can suck at whatever job he does, but he still has a pass from me. Don't care what he wants to do. He got us two titles (in conjunction with Hoss and OJ picking up the slack in 90-91).
I got no problem if he were announcing the non-A team games. He just shouldn't be announcing the premiere games each week. CBS could easily put Boomer Esiason in the booth for Simms and let Simms do the lesser games.

I just think the top team should be good. I mean Summerall/Madden were awesome. I don't care for Buck but can tolerate him with Aikman. Michaels/Collinsworth will mix in their gambling references but are good to listen too.

Nantz/Simms just suck and its all because of Simms.

Remember when Brad Nessler was the play by play guy for the NBA Finals. That Spurs-Nets series had the Nessler/Walton/Tolbert booth. ESPN realized that team wasn't a good fit and ESPN/ABC replaced him with Al Michaels/Doc Rivers.

That team wasn't much better but Michaels went to NBC and finally Mike Breen got it. Announcers make a game better on TV.

Phil Simms just isn't good right now.

Sorry UEO but Simms is unlistenable. That hillbilly has trouble stringing two coherent sentences together. I will give him this - NOBODY hung in the pocket better than Simms. Tough as nails. And therein may lie the problem. He got dinged one too many times.

As for Brady and his picks- he threw 7 this year behind one of the weakest OLs in the league. Your boy is an interception machine, averaging 18 per year over his career.