Class of 2015 - 2015 Rankings | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 2015 Rankings

ESPN Top 100 9/11
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true
16)Thomas Bryant -6 drop
19)Malachi Richardson -4 drop, no longer a 5 star smh
47)Moustapha Diagne -3 drop
48)Tyler Lydon +11 bump
73)Franklin Howard -3 drop

Bryant drops " He's not looking at Kentucky, Kansas or Duke"
Malachi drops " He's going to Syracuse, Freshmen struggle there"
Moustapha drops "Big guys don't produce at Syracuse"
Lydon rises "He's going to Syracuse, but he was on team USA...he's ok"
Howard drios "He tore his knee up, is going to Syracuse and he isn't the same"

MEH

ESPN Top 100 9/11
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true
16)Thomas Bryant -6 drop
19)Malachi Richardson -4 drop, no longer a 5 star smh
47)Moustapha Diagne -3 drop
48)Tyler Lydon +11 bump
73)Franklin Howard -3 drop
The Malachi shift is frankly indefensible. I'm no expert evaluator, but one could argue he's the best scorer in the class - certainly one of the most versatile as well. Great size, solid athlete and unless I'm mistaken he's rather "clutch", knocking down some daggers late in games. CLEARLY a 5 star. More confounding is that his game hasn't dropped off; why "demote" him? Nor have others at his position done substantive work to displace him.

54256063.jpg

Francis03 said:
ESPN updated Top 100 http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true 19)Malachi Richardson, same spot 22)Thomas Bryant -6 drop 55)Moustapha Diagne, -8 drop 64)Tyler Lydon, -16 drop 91)Franklin Howard, -18 drop At least our rankings drop stay consistent in recruiting circles.

Surprised me as well.

If anything, Diagne and Howard should be moving up. Diagne is having a good year and Howard has recovered nicely from his injury.

ESPN updated Top 100
19)Malachi Richardson, same spot
22)Thomas Bryant -6 drop
55)Moustapha Diagne, -8 drop
64)Tyler Lydon, -16 drop
91)Franklin Howard, -18 drop

At least our rankings drop stay consistent in recruiting circles.View attachment 34426

Our guys obviously need to stop playing so well.. It's just killing them in the rankings! ESPN would definitely be more impressed if they threw up a couple 2 points games or something.

Final 2015 rankings from the four major scouting services.

ESPN Top 100
23)Malachi Richardson -4 drop
56)Moustapha Diagne -1 drop
74)Tyler Lydon -10 drop
92)Franklin Howard -1 drop

Rivalshoops Top 150
35)Richardson -6 drop
64)Lydon, same
77)Diagne -10 drop
86)Howard -6 drop

Scouthoops Top 100
29)Richardson -2 drop
66)Lydon +10 bump
77)Diagne -10 drop
81)Howard -12 drop

247 Top 247
48)Richardson +17 bump
67)Diagne -11 drop
90)Lydon -7 drop
101)Howard -7 drop

Only real positive movements are Lydon jumping up 10 spots in scouthoops and Richardson 17 in 247. Leave it up to Jerry to be the only one not to include Howard in the top 100. Basically Richardson is our only consensus top 50 recruit heading into college.

Last edited:

ESPN Top 100
74)Tyler Lydon -10 drop

Rivalshoops Top 150
35)Richardson -6 drop
64)Lydon, same
77)Diagne -10 drop
86)Howard -6 drop

Scouthoops Top 100
29)Richardson -2 drop
66)Lydon +10 bump
77)Diagne -10 drop
81)Howard -12 drop

247 Top 247
48)Richardson +17 bump
67)Diagne -11 drop
90)Lydon -7 drop
101)Howard -7 drop

Only real positive movements are Lydon jumping up 10 spots in . . . . . and Richardson 17 in 247. Leave it up to Jerry to be the only one not to include Howard in the top 100. Basically Richardson is our only consensus top 50 recruit heading into college.

Maybe our players will stay for longer than one year before entering the NBA. I know these kids want the glamour and money but it's fun to get to know them better over the years. Chris who?

this class went from best of all time when boeheim said someone was committed who he couldnt even mention to looks a lot like the 2003 class on paper. hope it turns out better.

this class went from best of all time when boeheim said someone was committed who he couldnt even mention to looks a lot like the 2003 class on paper. hope it turns out better.

Makes sense seeing they haven't even played a single game.

Can we wait until the first exhibition game before calling them all busts.

same would probably go for calling it the best recruiting class in school history, no?

I also certainly did not call anyone or the class a bust. So i dont know where you got that from.

I also certainly did not call anyone or the class a bust. So i dont know where you got that from.

You didn't have to by comparing them to the 2003 class. Which any Syracuse Basketball fan would know what you mean without saying it with that comparison.

You didn't have to by comparing them to the 2003 class. Which any Syracuse Basketball fan would know what you mean without saying it with that comparison.

im saying the rankings all of a sudden look similar. and "i hope it turns out better"

ESPN Top 100
74)Tyler Lydon -10 drop

Rivalshoops Top 150
35)Richardson -6 drop
64)Lydon, same
77)Diagne -10 drop
86)Howard -6 drop

Scouthoops Top 100
29)Richardson -2 drop
66)Lydon +10 bump
77)Diagne -10 drop
81)Howard -12 drop

247 Top 247
48)Richardson +17 bump
67)Diagne -11 drop
90)Lydon -7 drop
101)Howard -7 drop

Only real positive movements are Lydon jumping up 10 spots in scouthoops and Richardson 17 in 247. Leave it up to Jerry to be the only one not to include Howard in the top 100. Basically Richardson is our only consensus top 50 recruit heading into college.

Francis, what is your opinion on the rankings? Lydon has received a lot of buzz, but he never climbed as some thought. Everyone else has mainly had a slow drop. Is this because other guys have stepped up or are they not showing the upside they originally did?

Francis, what is your opinion on the rankings? Lydon has received a lot of buzz, but he never climbed as some thought. Everyone else has mainly had a slow drop. Is this because other guys have stepped up or are they not showing the upside they originally did?
I am not Francis, but I know what I have seen in game videos of these guys. And quite a few have seen full games, Tee and Francis among others. Malachi has a rep as being talented but not fully engaged, but the rest are solid players with skills that will translate to the next level. They will contribute to good teams here at Syracuse. None of them will be Carmelo Anthony, but a stable of skilled players wins alot of games, and we just might get our super star in 2016.

Diange's overall rank confuses me. I know size wise he's a bit of a tweener 4/5 but he went head to head with plenty of the other elite bigs and always held is own often times out playing them. Not saying he should be a top20 guy or anything but an average of around 70 just seems about 30 spots too low.

It's a mixture of both. A lot of our guys were ranked higher earlier in the process and could've fell victim to the peaking too early while others have improved scenario. When it comes to these ranking services, they're mostly trying to project how these players will turn out overall when their careers max out on the higher level. So you may have a player who might have a more productive career in college that is ranked 90th, but the 25th player turns out to have the better pro career and becomes a NBA all star. Our class is mostly looked at as a group that will build a solid foundation for SU and will definitely be good for us, but when it comes to individual pro potential it might not project well as a group. Diagne for example is as skilled offensively if not better than several of the big men ranked ahead of him imo. Issue for him is that he's only 6'8, which limits his NBA upside and we're not talking about an explosive athlete here like Harrell from Louisville, who is about the same height. Lydon has generated a lot of buzz recently, and Givony from draft express stated at the Jordan game that the NBA folks are intrigued by his upside and potential. So quite possibly that may be a player that the scouting services have undervalued in HS only to become a surprise and exceed expectations. With that said, look for JB to keep Lydon on a short leash, trash him publicly, and when he advises him not to go pro he ends up doing so anyway lol.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom