2016/2017 GSW vs. 2000/2001 LA Lakers | Syracusefan.com

2016/2017 GSW vs. 2000/2001 LA Lakers

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Who wins in a 7 game NBA Finals like series?

I'd take LA and I think they'd win in 5.

Golden State is way too efficient offensively. Not sure the Lakers would ever replicate that. They would have to play a half court game to have a chance.

JaVale McGee is a freakishly athletic 7'0", 270 lbs. If he can do just a serviceable job containing Shaq, I think the Warriors win in 6 or 7.

JaVale McGee is a freakishly athletic 7'0", 270 lbs. If he can do just a serviceable job containing Shaq, I think the Warriors win in 6 or 7.

I don't think Mcgee could even pray to contain Shaq in his prime. No one could.

Considering the Blazers of Pippen, Wallace, Sabonis, Stoudameire, Wells took that Lakers team to 7 games I don't see the Warriors losing in less games.
I would favor Golden State.

Considering the Blazers of Pippen, Wallace, Sabonis, Stoudameire, Wells took that Lakers team to 7 games I don't see the Warriors losing in less games.

The JailBlazers

If I remember correctly, Portland had a big 4th quarter lead in Game 7 that they blew. I always wanted Pippen to win one ring without MJ.

If I remember correctly, Portland had a big 4th quarter lead in Game 7 that they blew. I always wanted Pippen to win one ring without MJ.
Pippen would have had the record for most rings if he got it.
As Robert Horry has the record with 7 and if Pippen had won he would have 7 and Horry 6.

yes they did. fast forward to the 9:00 mark for the comeback

yeah like a 15 point 4th quarter lead? Underrated choke job.

Pippen would have had the record for most rings if he got it.
As Robert Horry has the record with 7 and if Pippen had won he would have 7 and Horry 6.

Aren't you a celtics fan?

As for the question; the game is so so different now thna even in 2000. That Lakers team took 13 3's a game at just below 33%. The Warriors are taking 31 per game and making 39% of them.

As for the question; the game is so so different now thna even in 2000. That Lakers team took 13 3's a game at just below 33%. The Warriors are taking 31 per game and making 39% of them.

If the Warriors go on to win close to 70 games this year, and get through the playoffs with relative ease and win a title, I will probably consider them the greatest team of all-time. These teams from the 80s and 90s just simply aren't capable of generating the volume of offense that GS can.

If the Warriors go on to win close to 70 games this year, and get through the playoffs with relative ease and win a title, I will probably consider them the greatest team of all-time. These teams from the 80s and 90s just simply aren't capable of generating the volume of offense that GS can.

The scary thing is, assuming they keep Durant, they don't seem to be in any danger of significantly slowing down.

None of the Russell players Era Celtics rings are as impressive Jordan/Pippen 6 and Horry 7 rings.
The league was only 8 teams back in Russell's day.
Russell/Jones/Sharman 11 rings are impressive but the league playoff rounds were a lot shorter.

None of the Russell players Era Celtics rings are as impressive Jordan/Pippen 6 and Horry 7 rings.
The league was only 8 teams back in Russell's day.
Russell/Jones/Sharman 11 rings are impressive but the league playoff rounds were a lot shorter.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there was no qualifier there. Thats all

Wrong season. That was 1999-2000. The 2000-01 Lakers kindve slept walked through the regular season, and then destroyed everybody in the playoffs losing only 1 game to Philly in the entire playoffs.

Wrong season. That was 1999-2000. The 2000-01 Lakers kindve slept walked through the regular season, and then destroyed everybody in the playoffs losing only 1 game to Philly in the entire playoffs.

Has to be the most impressive playoff run I've ever seen. They swept the Blazers (won 50 games, they had Sheed, Pippen, Steve Smith, Arvydas, etc), swept the Kings (they won 55 games, the Webber/Peja/Vlade/White Chocolate team), then swept the Spurs (58 wins, Robinson/Duncan) before winning 4 of 5 against the Sixers (56 wins, the East was weaker than the west though; it's entirely possible that was the worst team they played).

If you combine the 2000 regular season (67 wins) with that 2001 title run, that's probably the greatest season any team ever had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom