2016 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships June 1-11 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2016 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships June 1-11

Thank goodness for Victor and J-D for holding it down for upstate NY. What happened PY? Cold Springs Harbor? Sounds like a brand of bottled water.
A little piece of trivia for you Cold Spring Harbor is actually in Suffolk County, but plays in Section VIII (Nassau) because the other Suffolk Class C teams are really far away.

All-Central New York 2016: Boys Lacrosse

Ryan Archer

20660139-standard.jpg

All-Central New York 2016: Boys Lacrosse

Grayson Burns

20660131-standard.jpg

so willard is going prep and not penn st or is that a mistake?

so willard is going prep and not penn st or is that a mistake?
Since the day he committed to PSU, it was always stated that he was coming in with class of 2017. It was just a matter of where he was going for his PG year. Personally, I would go to the Hill Academy but that is just my thought process. Salisbury/Sweetlax Prep has great track record.

Since the day he committed to PSU, it was always stated that he was coming in with class of 2017. It was just a matter of where he was going for his PG year. Personally, I would go to the Hill Academy but that is just my thought process. Salisbury/Sweetlax Prep has great track record.

whats the reason for PG?

I do not know, but realistically there are only two reasons committed players PG. First, grades aren't there and coach wants to see if you can do better away from home. Second, there's no room at the inn. If a coach doesn't need you immediately, it's no skin off them if you PG and come in a year older, stronger and hopefully wiser.

And I am still shocked he didn't end up committed to Maryland. He probably wouldn't have gone there due to cannizzaro's experience but his father and two uncles all played at UMD.

I do not know, but realistically there are only two reasons committed players PG. First, grades aren't there and coach wants to see if you can do better away from home. Second, there's no room at the inn. If a coach doesn't need you immediately, it's no skin off them if you PG and come in a year older, stronger and hopefully wiser.

And I am still shocked he didn't end up committed to Maryland. He probably wouldn't have gone there due to cannizzaro's experience but his father and two uncles all played at UMD.

I remember the Willards went to Maryland

Jamesville-DeWitt, Cazenovia move into new lacrosse classes for 2017 (PS: Webb)

Two of three Section III high school boys lacrosse champions from this past season including one team that won a state title will play in new classifications next season.

The New York State Public High School Athletic Association approved on Tuesday the breakdown that accommodates the addition of a fourth classification.

The new format, that goes into effect for the 2017 lacrosse season, divides approximately 25 percent of the participating schools in each classification.

Based on the new numbers, defending Class B state champion Jamesville-DeWitt will move into Class C next season. And four-time Section III Class C champion Cazenovia moves into Class D.

Section III Class A champion Fayetteville-Manlius nearly landed in Class B, but missed the cutoff by 12 students.

Section III executive director John Rathbun said the BEDS numbers approved on Tuesday were this:

Class A (87 schools) – 1050 and up.

Class B (84 schools) - 750-1049.

Class C (87 schools) - 425-749.

Class D (77 schools) - 0-424.

Based on 2016-17 BEDS numbers posted on the Section III web site, here are the classifications for boys lacrosse next season:

Class A - Cicero-North Syracuse, Proctor, Liverpool, Baldwinsville, Syracuse City School District, West Genesee, Rome Free Academy, Fayetteville-Manlius.

Class B - Central Square, Auburn, Oswego, Fulton, Watertown, East Syracuse-Minoa.

Class C - Whitesboro, Jamesville-DeWitt, Carthage, Indian River, New Hartford, Cortland, Homer, Vernon-Verona-Sherrill, Chittenango, South Jefferson, Marcellus.

Class D - Westhill, Cazenovia, CBA, Skaneateles, Jordan-Elbridge, General Brown, Lowville, Tully, LaFayette, Onondaga, Watertown IHC, Thousand Islands, Manlius Pebble Hill, Holland Patent, Clinton, Notre Dame.

For 2015-16, the classifications were as follows:
Class A: 1000+
Class B: 590-999
Class C: 589-below

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online