2016 Roster Up... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Roster Up...

Man I hate number duplication. There are less than 100 players. This shouldn't bother me but it does.

Up to 85 scholarship players plus at least 20 walkons = 105 numbers.

8 recruits remaining from the 2013 class including 3 that will never play and 1 destined to be a 3rd string QB. Excluding the massive JUCO class of 2013 who are all gone.

Think about it - 4 recruits of the whole class are giving Dino some prodution. The others don't even offer special teams help. Tough to turn it around quickly with disasters like that class.

Last edited:
If Hayes wants to continue playing FB his best option looks like a 1AA. I wonder if Lewis will shop his talents as a grad student player?

I guess Cuse has room for 1 or 2 JUCO late adds...or maybe he can find another Bromley or Womack

I hope the dearly departed list doesn't reach Marrone-in-2009 numbers.

I agree. Im not sure why they didn't list him and perkins like they did phillips. RB/WR. TE doesnt make sense to me
Hearing that he is there makes me think it is more of a Wingback in the Single wing. Baylor runs a whole spread single wing package that they run and pass out of.

I hope the dearly departed list doesn't reach Marrone-in-2009 numbers.
Doesn't sound like it...maybe you lose 1 or 2 more after Spring Practice...still in better shape numbers wise

End of next season at least 6 to 8 non senior Shafer recruits will be on their way out.

I thought Lewis could get 50-60 balls this year. That's a shame.

Good luck to him. I liked him as a player except for his huge endzone drops.

End of next season at least 6 to 8 non senior Shafer recruits will be on their way out.
Not enough left - go look at how many 2014 guys either never made it or left. About half of those left are contributing something and playing. Otherwise when you combine 2013 and 2014 it is no wonder why Shafer never turned it around. Scary to think where SU would be with the class he had put together this year.

Too early to tell with the 2015 class as many have already played with the majority contributing and the RS guys include many of the guys most thought were the best players.

I don't read to much into Strickland and Perkins. They'll be 1 of the 4 or 5 WR's we'll roll out there.

Baylor has 6 TE's listed (traditional sized) and 16 WR's listed. Bowling Green had 4 TE's and 16 WR's.

Sorry to hear Lewis left but realistically I am not sure how a big a loss it is as he has been constantly hurt the last two seasons. What his leaving does do is put pressure on Babers and the staff to develop Womack or another of the other young guys to add some options because our WR depth is scary bad right now.

I hate to lose Lewis. I'm higher on him than I should be, but I really liked the kid. Surprised any WR would choose to leave with the system coming in, but good luck to him.