2017 QB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2017 QB

Not all guys are going to get that big. And yes, 230 for a QB is pretty big.

How would being Dungey being 230 stop the W Michigan player from cheap shotting him last year?

Concussions (the only injury I'm aware that Dungey has had) aren't weight-based nor am I familiar with any study that says the smaller you are the more prone you are to concussions.
Yep...just ask the Lindros brothers. Both Eric and Brett were huge yet had their careers cut short because of concussions.

Culpepper-JUCO/5th yr TRF-Mahoney-DeVito-RS

if you all want to flip Culpepper with the JUCO/5th year guy...go right ahead.

Rex hasn't taken a snap in live action since his Jr year in HS. Not saying he is not the answer, he very well may be. He looked very good in HS.

If Dungey is a no go, I think DB's O is going to attract a couple of 5th year options to pick from. Who knows how that will work it out, but it might be the most realistic option looking forward.

Rex hasn't taken a snap in live action since his Jr year in HS. Not saying he is not the answer, he very well may be. He looked very good in HS.

If Dungey is a no go, I think DB's O is going to attract a couple of 5th year options to pick from. Who knows how that will work it out, but it might be the most realistic option looking forward.
that was sorta where I was going, but I felt that Dino may be honorable to his guys, but now I remember Culpepper was already on campus when Dino got here, so all bets are off when it comes to the QB next year...

I quickly checked bowling green, Baylor and Texas(new coaches?) roster...no 5th year guy is free to come.

I feel like this is all that Western Michigan scrub's fault. And I still hope he blows his ACL. Fair is fair. That was a dirty play and it's having long term consequences.

that was sorta where I was going, but I felt that Dino may be honorable to his guys, but now I remember Culpepper was already on campus when Dino got here, so all bets are off when it comes to the QB next year...

I quickly checked bowling green, Baylor and Texas(new coaches?) roster...no 5th year guy is free to come.
Rex wasn't already on campus. Dino was hired in the beginning of December and then confirmed Rex's offer and verbal after that. Rex didn't show up until spring ball. That said I'm not sure Rex is necessary a Dino kid. Could have been just what was available to him and he had to decide to keep him or not. Don't think he had much of an option at that point.

Rex didn't have that much experience. Only played QB his Junior year right? And there was limited highlights of him throwing the rock. I'm hoping he is good but I am not overly optimistic at this point as I hadn't seen much video to really convince me.

Rex wasn't already on campus. Dino was hired in the beginning of December and then confirmed Rex's offer and verbal after that. Rex didn't show up until spring ball. That said I'm not sure Rex is necessary a Dino kid. Could have been just what was available to him and he had to decide to keep him or not. Don't think he had much of an option at that point.

Rex didn't have that much experience. Only played QB his Junior year right? And there was limited highlights of him throwing the rock. I'm hoping he is good but I am not overly optimistic at this point as I hadn't seen much video to really convince me.
They made sure to keep Rex, and let the Louisiana player of the year Scott go.

I checked the kid at Tulsa too, senior who has played all four years. hmm, who else?

If Im Dino I would go Kyle Bolin. He was beat out by Lamar Jackson. QB's under Petrino are well coached, plus Im sure he will love to stick it to his old team. Would be a great pick up If Dungey can't go and Culpepper and Devito need another year. If this happens, remember you saw it from me first.

2015 - SOPHOMORE
Played in seven games... made starts versus Clemson, Syracuse, Virginia, Pitt and Kentucky... had a 3-2 record as a starter... thrown for 1,154 yards and seven touchdowns... completing 56.9 percent of his throws... connected with Jamari Staples for a 57-yard reception in the second quarter against Pittsburgh for a career long and the longest pass play of the season for the Cardinals... tallied 139 yards and a score on 11-of-22 passing in the win over Virginia... started against Syracuse and threw 24-for-35 for 362 yards and tied a career high in touchdown passes with three... appeared against Wake Forest after injuries to Lamar Jackson and Reggie Bonnafon, completed 3-of-4 passes for 38 yards... made his second-career start versus Clemson, going 19-of-34 for 238 yards and two interceptions... relieved Lamar Jackson in the Houston loss, throwing for 150 yards and one touchdown.

If Im Dino I would go Kyle Bolin. He was beat out by Lamar Jackson. QB's under Petrino are well coached, plus Im sure he will love to stick it to his old team. Would be a great pick up If Dungey can't go and Culpepper and Devito need another year. If this happens, remember you saw it from me first.

2015 - SOPHOMORE
Played in seven games... made starts versus Clemson, Syracuse, Virginia, Pitt and Kentucky... had a 3-2 record as a starter... thrown for 1,154 yards and seven touchdowns... completing 56.9 percent of his throws... connected with Jamari Staples for a 57-yard reception in the second quarter against Pittsburgh for a career long and the longest pass play of the season for the Cardinals... tallied 139 yards and a score on 11-of-22 passing in the win over Virginia... started against Syracuse and threw 24-for-35 for 362 yards and tied a career high in touchdown passes with three... appeared against Wake Forest after injuries to Lamar Jackson and Reggie Bonnafon, completed 3-of-4 passes for 38 yards... made his second-career start versus Clemson, going 19-of-34 for 238 yards and two interceptions... relieved Lamar Jackson in the Houston loss, throwing for 150 yards and one touchdown.
I don't think its allowed in-conf.

If this system takes 1.5 years to truly install, as Dino has reiterated a number of times, then wouldn't grabbing a JUCO or 5th yr transfer to play next year, from a school who does not run this offense, be basically meaningless?

If Dungey is done and I trust Anomander said he wasn't a lock to play again. I would hope we are scouring Air Raid QBs on other college teams now. Davis Webb at Cal this year was a 5th year transfer from Texas Tech and he has been great.

If this system takes 1.5 years to truly install, as Dino has reiterated a number of times, then wouldn't grabbing a JUCO or 5th yr transfer to play next year, from a school who does not run this offense, be basically meaningless?
1st choice would be to find a 5th year guy whos school does run something like this...like say redshirt JR LUKE FALK at Wash St.

come East young man, Newhouse will prepare you for that post football career!!

I've never seen Culpepper play, but I did see him in person last week. One thing I'll say is he is skinny as hell, at least the waist down. Toothpicks for legs.

My prediction next year is that if Dungey is back, Devito red shirts and Culpepper is #2. If Dungey can't go, Devito is the starter. Just a hunch.

I've never seen Culpepper play, but I did see him in person last week. One thing I'll say is he is skinny as hell, at least the waist down. Toothpicks for legs.

My prediction next year is that if Dungey is back, Devito red shirts and Culpepper is #2. If Dungey can't go, Devito is the starter. Just a hunch.
Is TD a January enrollee?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom