2017 WR Recruitment Class | Syracusefan.com

2017 WR Recruitment Class

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Sharod Johnson
RTB
Nykeim Johnson
Cameron Jordan

What do we know so far about these guys? Besides Nykeim Johnson's talent despite issues catching the ball.

We lose Ish and Erv. How are the new kids looking? Anyone have more than educated guesses based off tape/recruitment?

I loved what I saw from Cameron Jordan's recruitment...but that was his recruitment out of high school.

Anyone know how these kids have looked in practice?

I have little faith in Custis making a jump, just me being honest. I'd be concerned relying on Butler and Riley to take over the production.

I think that MO moves full time to the slot. Hendrix is talented enough to make the 2 deep. Butler has it and will improve. Custis if healthy is on the two deep. 82 becomes a star.

Well its not like he is getting a lot of carries and can't be spared from the backfield.

Yes but he is being proactive.

His non standard acquisitions have been spot on Robinson, Valdez, Martin, etc...

I agree, replacing ish and erv next year had kinda quietly snuck up on everyone as there is gonna be a big ol battle for 2 spots between about 8-10 guys. Dinos wr recruiting will be put to an immediate test.

If Nykeim can hold onto the ball he can be a fast Ish
Mo Neal should replace Erv in the slot, Mo is dynamic in space really really really hope the move him to the slot for good next year.
I think RTB might surprise us all in the end.

Yes but he is being proactive.

His non standard acquisitions have been spot on Robinson, Valdez, Martin, etc...

Right, 2 were positions of need. The juco WR offer to me means they need an immediate upgrade

Smart move to try and add an older receiver. Custis and Butler would be the only upperclassmen and they haven't accomplished anything. I liked Sharod Johnson coming out of high school. He is only 5 11 but seems to have a large catch radius. He also played in a strong league. N Johnson will be fine too once things start slowing down for him. I hope the staff can add a quality JUCCO or grad transfer receiver. The outside guys outside of Ish have done absolutely nothing.

I think that MO moves full time to the slot. Hendrix is talented enough to make the 2 deep. Butler has it and will improve. Custis if healthy is on the two deep. 82 becomes a star.

Butler has something?? I havent seen it yet.

They need grad transfers and JUCO receivers in the worst way. The next guys up after Ish and Erv don't give me any confidence to get the job done. If they had AET this year, they'd be scary on offense. The pace they play would really be a problem to prepare for.

They need grad transfers and JUCO receivers in the worst way. The next guys up after Ish and Erv don't give me any confidence to get the job done. If they had AET this year, they'd be scary on offense. The pace they play would really be a problem to prepare for.

Need a grad transfer/JUCO RB too

Maybe, but I've got a feeling one of the incoming freshman is going to lock it up and never look back.

I love me some Jordan, just not sure if he or the other incoming frosh will be ready Day 1.

I wonder if that's the plan though since they're bringing in so many.

I don't think so, I think they load up on the WR/Slot position for FRESH LEGS. With the idea of making a defense tired in the 4th, it makes sense to have the fresh skill players! I mean if they can get the skills they want on the field rotating in the 4th against a tired "D" oh, my belief without evidence is beaming...!!

I trust Dino with WR. I used to think his eye for D talent was suspect - but after shoring things up this year - I feel like the whole staff is pretty solid at talent and it’s evaluation

But WR? They know what the need.

what is going to hurt more, losing ish & erv or losing Franklin, Bennett & Thomas?

what is going to hurt more, losing ish & erv or losing Franklin, Bennett & Thomas?

Franklin, Bennett and Thomas. You can't teach what they have. That's years of experience gone.

We do not need a JUCO WR after this year, yes we got beyond luck with AET. Dino and gang know how to develop WRs we will be just fine with what we have in the 17 and 18 class.