2017 WR Recruitment Class | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2017 WR Recruitment Class

It really stinks that next year is looking like our first real year to push towards 7 wins but have to replace almost all of our production at WR and all of our LBs. Hopefully can figure out a way to manage while we have a SR Dungey at the helm.

what is really hard to tell is what we have at the other spots since Dungeys first read is almost always those 2.. without over head views the others could open and never be thrown too. We have no deep threat right now so that will be easy to replace, Would love to see Custis step up since they seemed to think he was that guy. I think we have several who can replace the Phillips spot, but whether we have anyone who can run the 7-10 yd curl and the occasional go we wont know for 11 months.

we will have about 6-7 options and we never sit our top 2 so whats behind them could be pretty good or better in some ways.. i would be surprised if we dont have more speed on the field next year.

If Nykeim can hold onto the ball he can be a fast Ish
Mo Neal should replace Erv in the slot, Mo is dynamic in space really really really hope the move him to the slot for good next year.
I think RTB might surprise us all in the end.

I don't see that. Ish goes up and snatches the ball out of the air. Is a 5'8" guy going to go up and pull down some of the catches Ish makes? I sure hope so, but I have my doubts. I think Nykeim can be dynamic once he gets the ball, but he's the total opposite of Ish to me - fast, shifty, poor hands (so far), probably not a guy who will go up & catch the ball in traffic.

I don't see that. Ish goes up and snatches the ball out of the air. Is a 5'8" guy going to go up and pull down some of the catches Ish makes? I sure hope so, but I have my doubts. I think Nykeim can be dynamic once he gets the ball, but he's the total opposite of Ish to me - fast, shifty, poor hands (so far), probably not a guy who will go up & catch the ball in traffic.

I meant more along the lines of replacing his production.

Last offseason "How we going to replace Amba"
This offseason "How we going to replace Ish and Phillips"

Not concerned about WR. More concerned about the loss of the LB and leadership on the defensive side of the ball.

I dont know if Johnson has poor hands.. is drops were more trying to catch and run too soon because of trying to do too much. You can train to catch better more than you can train the elusiveness into a kid

Last offseason "How we going to replace Amba"
This offseason "How we going to replace Ish and Phillips"

Not concerned about WR. More concerned about the loss of the LB and leadership on the defensive side of the ball.

Yeah - but suddenly our corners, safeties, and DL are all good and/or experienced or deep. Armstrong is very good ... and we’ve recruited pretty well at LB.

Yeah - but suddenly our corners, safeties, and DL are all good and/or experienced or deep. Armstrong is very good ... and we’ve recruited pretty well at LB.

Agree but that leadership role will be hard to replace. Plus even with the upgrade in those area those guys still jump off the screen making play after play.

Agree but that leadership role will be hard to replace. Plus even with the upgrade in those area those guys still jump off the screen making play after play.

I don’t know - Cordy will be back, Slayton a SR, etc.

Remember last year? People thought they were too small. We’ll see who steps up - but I’m not as concerned.