2018-19 Knicks Playoff Return Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2018-19 Knicks Playoff Return Thread

I am totally selling him off the injury.

I just don’t see how that tall of a guy will ever be the same or reach his potential.

Bullshit flagrant on Kanter last night cost them the game.
He tore his ACL at the age of a college basketball Senior..
Porzingis can’t be done at 21.
Celtics would give the Knicks the Kings lottery pick they have now for
The guy.
That pick will be top 5.
To make the money work Morris/Kings pick for Porzingis.

I am totally selling him off the injury.

I just don’t see how that tall of a guy will ever be the same or reach his potential.

Bullshit flagrant on Kanter last night cost them the game.

I don't know how a torn ACL is going to torpedo his career? He's still going to be 7-3.

I don't know how a torn ACL is going to torpedo his career? He's still going to be 7-3.
Yea, a standup 7’3 3point shooter.

I see chronic knees leading to back and hip problems.

Maybe a foot too.

Good luck running the court.

The Knicks are basically screwed into riding him to see if he can come back...and if he does good, if not...Welcome to the Marbury Era again.

Yea, a standup 7’3 3point shooter.

I see chronic knees leading to back and hip problems.

Maybe a foot too.

Good luck running the court.

The Knicks are basically screwed into riding him to see if he can come back...and if he does good, if not...Welcome to the Marbury Era again.

Does he have chronic knee problems? Or was it just one injury?

i know he had some injury problems here and there before this one, but can’t remember what they were.

i know he had some injury problems here and there before this one, but can’t remember what they were.
I think he has a sore shoulder or an upper body injury which required him to wear that black undershirt for support.
Porzingis is exactly what modern basketball craves.
If Kaiser was the NYK GM Ainge would swing a trade where he would probably get him for that Memphis pick and one of Rozier/Morris.
If he is available I would easily give up that top 5 pick from the Kings for him.
If the C’s put Porzingis in the Horford spot and I honestly think the Celtics challenge the Warriors this year.

I think he has a sore shoulder or an upper body injury which required him to wear that black undershirt for support.
Porzingis is exactly what modern basketball carves.
If Kaiser was the NYK GM Ainge would swing a trade where he would probably get him for that Memphis pick and one of Rozier/Morris.
If he is available put Porzingis in the Horford spot and I honestly think the Celtics challenge the Warriors this year.
So, you agree he’s a 2nd or 3rd banana and not the NYK savior he’s made out to be.

He’s had a grocery list of injuries and fades every 2nd as it is.

So, you agree he’s a 2nd or 3rd banana and not the NYK savior he’s made out to be.

He’s had a grocery list of injuries and fades every 2nd as it is.
Who are number one bananas?
He would be a number one banana on certain matchups.
The Celtics have a lot of options and he would just be a piece to beat one team.
I think Porzingis could become a version of Dirk.
Obviously Dirk’s don’t grow on trees but Porzingis has the same skills and can be a rim protector at 7’3”.
Put him in the Celtics program if you want a high draft pick for him.

He has missed some time in every year, one season it was his shoulder I think. Chronic knee injuries seems like a stretch to me.

Look, the guy isn't perfect. He has faded in the first few seasons. His shot selection did leave a lot to be desired last year. He can still be really really good though. He's already one of the elite rim protectors in the league.

He's gonna fit in great with Durant next year.

He has missed some time in every year, one season it was his shoulder I think. Chronic knee injuries seems like a stretch to me.

Look, the guy isn't perfect. He has faded in the first few seasons. His shot selection did leave a lot to be desired last year. He can still be really really good though. He's already one of the elite rim protectors in the league.

He's gonna fit in great with Durant next year.

Would LOVE KD in NY. Bring the Knicks back, break the Warriors up, open the West for LA. Perfect.

Great game last night. Watched the whole game. I'm a long time Knick fan so even though we lost, we played pretty good. I'm liking the players so far on this team. Time will definitely tell, but they got a real coach now and I think he might get them to the playoffs. Everyone's going to get these L's. It's how you respond.

Would LOVE KD in NY. Bring the Knicks back, break the Warriors up, open the West for LA. Perfect.

I don't actually think he's gonna come to NY. But maybe!!

I do think he leaves GS if/when they win again this year.

Almost beat the C’s last night without Knox.

That’s 2 straight could be Ws, can’t keep piling them up if we want to be the 6 seed...

Almost beat the C’s last night without Knox.

That’s 2 straight could be Ws, can’t keep piling them up if we want to be the 6 seed...

We don’t want the six seed, we want to compete, lose a lot, sign KD and if there is a god that’s a fan of the Knicks somehow land the top pick to get RJ Barrett. Frankie Smokes, RJ, Knox, KD, KP - bring it.

We don’t want the six seed, we want to compete, lose a lot, sign KD and if there is a god that’s a fan of the Knicks somehow land the top pick to get RJ Barrett. Frankie Smokes, RJ, Knox, KD, KP - bring it.
Not sure why the NBA Gods and the league office hate the Knicks (well Dolan, but let me vent) but if I hear 1 more fluckin time how a ‘good laker team is good for the NBA’ I swear to the football Gods that every shlit I take for the next year will be fedexed to 645 5th Ave...

Fluck the bulls, Fluck Levine and Fluck the nba...

Fluck the bulls, Fluck Levine and Fluck the nba...

Brutal. I like fizdale but guys will only play really hard for so long when you continue to lose, his style won’t work on a 25 win team for a long period of time. Guys will start to hate him after a lot of losing. I agree trade porzingis as well. He’s just hurt too much, he is not going to have a long NBA career.

I find it rather hilarious to see the social media posts marketing the big games from Trier, Hardaway and Kanter to try and get people excited when they are all losses. It's a broken franchise. I'm not sure how it gets turned around given there will never be enough patience to allow things to grow organically for 3-5 years.

Brutal. I like fizdale but guys will only play really hard for so long when you continue to lose, his style won’t work on a 25 win team for a long period of time. Guys will start to hate him after a lot of losing. I agree trade porzingis as well. He’s just hurt too much, he is not going to have a long NBA career.

No. Porzingis is your shot at KD.

They all kids though.

seriously, none of them can go to the blarney rock and argue over whiskeys...‘what the hell are we doing?’

They might improve enough to you know, not step out of bounds or float inbound passes with 4 seconds left and actually close out some winnable games.

Almost a month in and I still need a scorecard though...

Ok, let’s get KD and then trade KP...the stiff.

This offseason will tell a lot of their future under Fizdale as to who they can attract in free agency, the knicks have been very unattractive for a number of years because of Dolan but Fiz is well liked by a lot of players, should be interesting to watch. Like some of the young guys, a decent draft pick, couple of good signings and maybe a trade for Porzingis and who knows.

What u boys think of Knox so far??

I say more upside tban KP.

What u boys think of Knox so far??

I say more upside tban KP.
he is no kp. if kp comes back healthy there will no comparison. knox's d is not in the same universe compared to kp. knox is a volume shooter. he, so far, has not shown that he can get his 20 or so efficiently. kp is only a so so rebounder, but is much more consistent off the glass than knox appears to be.

dont get me wrong, i like kk, he should end up being a good player, but the only way he ends up better than kp is if kp does not regain his health.

Last edited:
he is no kp. if kp comes back healthy there will no comparison. knox's d is not in the same universe compared to kp. knox is a volume shooter. he, so far, has not shown that he can get his 20 or so efficiently. kp is only a so so rebounder, but is much more consistent off the glass than knox appears to be.

dont get me wrong, i like kk, he should end up being a good player, but the only way he ends up better than kp is if kp does regain his health.
I just wanted to take a shot at KP with that line...I stand on the he’s Bowie Part II side of things.

I was more interested in Knox reviews.

I just wanted to take a shot at KP with that line...I stand on the he’s Bowie Part II side of things.

I was more interested in Knox reviews.
He's pretty good but can we change the title of the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom