2018-19 Season Wrap Up | Syracusefan.com

2018-19 Season Wrap Up

What!!!! I knew deep down something shady was going to happen with her from all of the stuff she's been posting on her instagram lately. I had really high hopes for her going into next year. I guess thats what Q gets for playing just about everyone on the roster each game and not giving her the playing time she deserved. She could've been a game changer for us, but I wish her all the luck and success at Minnesota. Now, with Kadi being gone, Vorackova should be seeing a lot of playing time next year. Period.

I feel half bad saying this but thankfully most of the people that had no business playing (Young, Fox, Fowler, Foppossi) just graduated or transferred somewhere else so Q cant put them in for "fresh legs". FFS these girls are D1 athletes they can handle it. You shouldn't be playing your C and D players unless you're up by 20+ points IMO.

What!!!! I knew deep down something shady was going to happen with her from all of the stuff she's been posting on her instagram lately. I had really high hopes for her going into next year. I guess thats what Q gets for playing just about everyone on the roster each game and not giving her the playing time she deserved. She could've been a game changer for us, but I wish her all the luck and success at Minnesota. Now, with Kadi being gone, Vorackova should be seeing a lot of playing time next year. Period.

I feel half bad saying this but thankfully most of the people that had no business playing (Young, Fox, Fowler, Foppossi) just graduated or transferred somewhere else so Q cant put them in for "fresh legs". FFS these girls are D1 athletes they can handle it. You shouldn't be playing your C and D players unless you're up by 20+ points IMO.
When I saw your post I had to say "Who"?

HAHAHA, she looks like a whole different person in that pic. Probably the new hairdo lmao
It could just be that Foppossi, who got plenty of playing time, also transferred out. That can sometimes be the problem with taking a "group" of players. It will be interesting to see if Tabdi stays.

It could just be that Foppossi, who got plenty of playing time, also transferred out. That can sometimes be the problem with taking a "group" of players. It will be interesting to see if Tabdi stays.
100%-- I suspect she left because not only her best friend Foppossi left, but Amadou as well. I hope Tabdi stays, because she was the second star on the team after Mangakahia. Q will really have some problems if that were to happen. But im praying Q can bring in another good assistant coach and recruiter. Maybe start trying to get after the highly ranked recruits here in the states.

Yeah, about that...

A whole nightmare... I guess Amadou has convinced his recruits to follow suit. Can’t say I’m surprised though, he did recruit them after all. Let’s just all pray this doesn’t spiral out of control now.

Very disappointing. Sissoko has WNBA potential, didn’t scratch the surface yet with the injury that hampered her freshman season. And from what I’ve heard, Vorackova is exactly the type of three point shooter this team can use. Big losses to team depth. I keep checking back because I had a bad feeling about Engstler, but these different losses keep mounting.
Emily better be ready to log minutes next year, and if Tabdi bails, good lord. I don’t see a lot of help from the incoming transfers. This team just got thin, quick.

Very disappointing. Sissoko has WNBA potential, didn’t scratch the surface yet with the injury that hampered her freshman season. And from what I’ve heard, Vorackova is exactly the type of three point shooter this team can use. Big losses to team depth. I keep checking back because I had a bad feeling about Engstler, but these different losses keep mounting.
Emily better be ready to log minutes next year, and if Tabdi bails, good lord. I don’t see a lot of help from the incoming transfers. This team just got thin, quick.
Yeah, I’ve watched some Czech Republic games and I was impressed with how well she is with ball. She’s just like Engstler—can shoot the three, very good ball handling skills, and good in the paint. I also had that same bad feeling about Engstler but from what it looks like on instagram she’s ready to get back to work for next year. Mangakahia just got back from visiting Engstler in NYC for a bit, and she was posting pics on her snap stories of her teammates saying how much she misses them and can’t wait to be back.

We really need Djaldi-Tabdi to stay. And if she was smart, she would. Nothing beats playing in the ACC and against better competition. Better chances of being seen and getting into the WNBA. Better education as well.

I also don’t see any of the incoming freshman or transfers making any big impacts next year. I could be wrong with Brooke Alexander. Ive never seen her play and couldn’t find many videos on her either. But I hope I’m wrong— I’m not impressed with this cycle of recruitment whatsoever.

Yeah, I’ve watched some Czech Republic games and I was impressed with how well she is with ball. She’s just like Engstler—can shoot the three, very good ball handling skills, and good in the paint. I also had that same bad feeling about Engstler but from what it looks like on instagram she’s ready to get back to work for next year. Mangakahia just got back from visiting Engstler in NYC for a bit, and she was posting pics on her snap stories of her teammates saying how much she misses them and can’t wait to be back.

We really need Djaldi-Tabdi to stay. And if she was smart, she would. Nothing beats playing in the ACC and against better competition. Better chances of being seen and getting into the WNBA. Better education as well.

I also don’t see any of the incoming freshman or transfers making any big impacts next year. I could be wrong with Brooke Alexander. Ive never seen her play and couldn’t find many videos on her either. But I hope I’m wrong— I’m not impressed with this cycle of recruitment whatsoever.

I agree with all of this. Vorackova looked like a perfect player for this team. High BBall IQ and ability to stroke the three. Between her and an improved Sissoko, this team could have been top 10. As of now, basically the same team as last year, top 20. Not complaining, still lots of fun to watch, but seems like a blown opportunity to become a legitimate, sustained, national force. I agree that the recruiting cycle blows, but tough to blame Q when we looked a solid 9 deep once Tianna announced her return. Wondering what other 2020/2021 recruits are being chased, especially with our top 2 recruiters gone now. Angel Reese is all I know about.

Dont blame her. She knew the writing was on the wall. I wish her well at WMU, she should get some playing time there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom