2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings | Syracusefan.com

2018 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

Herm gets a 3 to start off his first year? BS, come on...immediately discredits the article.

I wouldn't say one rating discredits the article. I think that's just an indication of how bizarre hiring him was. That being said, I'd be shocked if he was gone after one year

Most interesting year-to-year changes...

Brian Kelly goes from a 5 to 2.
Jim Harbaugh goes from a 0 to 2

A 2 is fair for Dino. It's Year 3, this is his team. Beat WMU, Wagner, UConn and find three ACC victories and get to a bowl.

Herm gets a 3 to start off his first year? BS, come on...immediately discredits the article.
Herm has said some silly stuff. That's not going to go over well with recruits.. Publicly rescinded a scholly to a kid that took a visit elsewhere.. not going to go over well.. Didn't know what a modern uniform looked like... Kids get to choose where they play ? Etc Yeah. It sounds like he's a little clueless on how things have changed. I've repeatedly thought he was a bozo. Many a recruit may think twice before playing for him.

There is zero chance that a weak w/l record this year gets Dino fired. A poor showing could make next year more interesting. But even then

I think that's essentially what a 2 rating is saying.

Most interesting year-to-year changes...

Brian Kelly goes from a 5 to 2.
Jim Harbaugh goes from a 0 to 2

A 2 is fair for Dino. It's Year 3, this is his team. Beat WMU, Wagner, UConn and find three ACC victories and get to a bowl.
They absolutely, positively hate Brian Kelly on the ND hard-core fan board. Even during the year they were in the championship game there were numerous, erious posts to the effect of "After we fire Kelly, who will we hire?" They were using language that would get a lot of people exiled from a lot of boards. I would read post after post like that with my jaw in my lap.

They absolutely, positively hate Brian Kelly on the ND hard-core fan board. Even during the year they were in the championship game there were numerous, erious posts to the effect of "After we fire Kelly, who will we hire?" They were using language that would get a lot of people exiled from a lot of boards. I would read post after post like that with my jaw in my lap.
Well, he killed a kid, so...

There is zero chance that a weak w/l record this year gets Dino fired. A poor showing could make next year more interesting. But even then

Correct. If a weak win/loss record would get Dino fired he would have been a 4 or 5 on here.

Dino isn't getting fired. It's so dumb. He'll go from safe to hot commodity if things break right and we win 8 games this year. If we win 2-3 games this year, he'll get another year to figure it out.

One thing to keep in mind is Wildhack did not hire Dino if that means anything. If Dino plays hardball if a big time program comes calling, curious how he would handle that situation since it's not his hire. That stuff can matter. Not saying it will but certainly something to keep in mind if Dino becomes the coach du jour this year.

Didn't ND fans always have the pipedream that Urban would ultimately coach there? If that is the case I can see why they would be not enthusiastic about Kelly. He's been fine but the real ND swagger has been missing since about 1993

That never entered into their discussions, though. I could readily understand if they didn't like him over that, but they didn't like him as a coach and their view of his place in the Irish socio-economic hierarchy.

Didn't ND fans always have the pipedream that Urban would ultimately coach there? If that is the case I can see why they would be not enthusiastic about Kelly. He's been fine but the real ND swagger has been missing since about 1993
They still do. "Pope Urban".

Dino isn't getting fired. It's so dumb. He'll go from safe to hot commodity if things break right and we win 8 games this year. If we win 2-3 games this year, he'll get another year to figure it out.

One thing to keep in mind is Wildhack did not hire Dino if that means anything. If Dino plays hardball if a big time program comes calling, curious how he would handle that situation since it's not his hire. That stuff can matter. Not saying it will but certainly something to keep in mind if Dino becomes the coach du jour this year.

JW is all in on Dino like it's his hire.

Yes, he did and was very arrogant about the situation. Was a meathead move, ignoring that kids safety and the weather. Funny, i really liked him when we saw him in the dome with cinncy and then he arrived at ND, acting as if he invented FB and spent his first three seasons screaming at ND qbs.

JW is all in on Dino like it's his hire.

Feels like that way for sure. I'm just spitballing if Dino resurrects this thing and gets cute with offers away will JW deal with that in a way where he tries to negotiate against himself or pull a BC when Jeff Jags tried to go to the Jets and cut bait immediately. The blessing/curse with Dino is his assistants seem to stick with him and at some point if a big program comes calling and he can get everyone massive raises, it becomes a bigger thing than him.

So just ignore it if you don't think it's worth your time?

It hasn't exactly been eating at me for 2 days, not losing sleep . Thought it was worth a comment since, after all , that's what this platform is all about. Seems as though i offended a family member.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom