2018 Desires and Possibilities | Syracusefan.com

2018 Desires and Possibilities

50YRsofCuse

Syracuse Fan in Florida and in SC
Mentioned it early that Syracuse will have either 2 to 3 openings for 2018 with the strong 'possibility that Battle turns pro after next season and there are no unexpected defections or losses of players. Assuming that Eric Alaya and Tucker come in 2017 and Hamir Wright is in 2018 class, the following is a list of the current 2018 offers (according to Verbal Commits), my desired 2018 class and acceptable possibilities:

Offers
Quinerly, PG
David Duke, SG
Brandon Slater, SG
AJ Reeves, SG
Prentiss Hubb, SG
Robbie Carmondy, SG
Cole Swider, SG
jeenathan Williams, SG
Cameron Reddish, SF
Louis king, SF
Hameir Wright, SF
Khalid Moore, SF
Nate Roberts, SF
Sid Wilson, SF
Silvo De Sousa, PF
Nazreon Reid, PF
Simi Shittu, PF
Jalen Smith, PF

DESIRED
Quinerly
Reddish
Shittu

More than Acceptable
Quinerly
Hameir Wright
Jalen Smith

If there was a possible 4th opening, my preference would be between Prentiss Hubb and Jeenathan Williams. Regarding Reddish, believe he will be either Duke or Kentucky bound.
I would be happy with replacing him with Hameir Wright. The same with replacing Shittu with Jalen Smith. Hameir Wright and Jalen Smith would mostly be 3-4 yr players.

Any other opinions.

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:
Mentioned it early that Syracuse will have either 2 to 3 openings for 2018 with the strong 'possibility that Battle turns pro after next season and there are no unexpected defections or losses of players. Assuming that Eric Alaya and Tucker come in 2017 and Hamir Wright is in 2018 class, the following is a list of the current 2018 offers (according to Verbal Commits), my desired 2018 class and acceptable possibilities:

Offers My Desires My Perfectly Acceptable
Quinerly, PG. Quinerly Quinerly
David Duke, SG Reddish, SF Wright, SF
Brandon Slater, SG Simi Shittu, PF Jalen Smith, PF
AJ Reeves, SG
Prentiss Hubb, SG
Robbie Carmondy, SG
Cole Swider, SG
jeenathan Williams, SG
Cameron Reddish, SF
Louis king, SF
Hameir Wright, SF
Khalid Moore, SF
Nate Roberts, SF
Sid Wilson, SF
Silvo De Sousa, PF
Nazreon Reid, PF
Simi Shittu, PF
Jalen Smith, PF

If there was a possible 4th opening, my preference would be between Prentiss Hubb and Jeenathan Williams. Regarding Reddish, believe he will be either Duke or Kentucky bound.
I would be happy with replacing him with Hameir Wright. The same with replacing Shittu with Jalen Smith. Hameir Wright and Jalen Smith would mostly be 3-4 yr players.

Any other opinions.

Sent from my iPad
Ok I'll play...Quinerly, Williams, Wright

Just about any group, as long as it has Quinerly in it!!!!!

I know this is off topic, but I wouldn't be surprised if both TT and Battle go pro after next year...

If we could land Shittu, Naz or Jalen Smith, I don't know how you don't take them. But, definitely Quinerly is a HIGH priority and then solidifying the 2 & 3.

I know this is off topic, but I wouldn't be surprised if both TT and Battle go pro after next year...
Not really Off topic, if Thompson and Battle would both go pro, the we would definitely need a Jalen Smith and a Simi Shittu type.

At this point a year ago we were thinking we could get Green/Tucker/Randolph/Richards for 2017:(

Richards was never coming, he doesn't like the zone defense and made that known publicly

Not really Off topic, if Thompson and Battle would both go pro, the we would definitely need a Jalen Smith and a Simi Shittu type.
Thompson going pro a year from now, you say?
I love TT, but what from his game might translate to the NBA?
Shooting? Yes, he is a plus-shooter for a 6-10 dude. And from there?
He had a very very nice freshman year, ... I simply see him as a 4-year player.
He's going to be terrific for us and get paid to play for years to come.

hypothecially speaking what are we looking at needing for the 2018 class?

hypothecially speaking what are we looking at needing for the 2018 class?

We aren't losing anyone to graduation in 2017 so whatever our current needs are will likely be our needs in 2018 too unless some players surprise us (e.g. Frank or Paschal) or some players leave early.

We need at least one more wing player in 2017 and we'll likely still need more wings in 2018, especially if Battle has a good season and declares. That said, we are currently rolling with FH and HW at PG. That's a lot of uncertainty at the most important position on the court. Still, it gives us at least two players who have some potential for growth. So while it's a little unnerving for the 2017 season, hopefully the PG situation will become more clear early in the season so we'll know how much of a priority we will need to make it for the 2018 class. If we can get Quinerly, then we take him whenever he wants to commit. But if he goes elsewhere, I'm not sure what other PG options the staff would take immediately.

Last edited:
We aren't losing anyone to graduation in 2017 so whatever are current needs are will likely be our needs in 2018 too unless some players surprise us (e.g. Frank or Paschal) or some players leave early.

We need at least one more wing player in 2017 and we'll likely still need more wings in 2018, especially if Battle has a good season and declares. That said, we are currently rolling with FH and HW at PG. That's a lot of uncertainty at the most important position on the court. Still, it gives us at least two players who have some potential for growth. So while it's a little unnerving for the 2017 season, hopefully the PG situation will become more clear early in the season so we'll know how much of a priority we will need to make it for the 2018 class. If we can get Quinerly, then we take him whenever he wants to commit. But if he goes elsewhere, I'm not sure what other PG options the staff would take immediately.

We also need another guard for 2017.

Fav players I've watched at each position that I have watched. And no I don't care what state they from. Any comments?

PG:
Devoe
Weaver
Drinnon
Jelly Walker
Segu

SG:
Langford
Hubb
Jones
Ayala
Simons