2018 NYS Fair | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2018 NYS Fair

Really liked the old folks home part of the concert series. Lawn chairs and fire pits, that was pretty swell. Just wish they would stagger the concerts 6 and 8 with the bigger stage but still, very nice setup.

not really sure what the goal of the expo center is.. sure you can play hockey there, but its almost unwatchable with the seat layout they created.. there is no upper ring so filming and other things will be tough from a high view too.. its a big space for a convention/craft show thing, i wonder if the blue curtain is movable as that would help define the space a bit.
I agree with the criticism of the space.

Me:. Andy, what is the purpose of the space.

Andy:. It's shiny, new and cost a lot of tax dollars. One more question, then I have to spend more tax payer money to go to Puerto Rico, which has nothing to do with running NY State, but I want to be President. ..

do they just assume everyone who comes after 6-7 is there for the concert? it was as quiet a day as i can remember when we were walking around during the afternoon?

not really sure what the goal of the expo center is.. sure you can play hockey there, but its almost unwatchable with the seat layout they created.. there is no upper ring so filming and other things will be tough from a high view too.. its a big space for a convention/craft show thing, i wonder if the blue curtain is movable as that would help define the space a bit.
It wasn't built for hockey, they just booked a rink in there for the Fair because they didn't have much else.

The seats are that way for horse events - it's a convention center, not a sports arena.

i get that hockey is down the list if things. but if you want to put in seats but in ones that can be configured for the event. why not have them start higher and then pull down what you need. you are 50-75 ft furthur away than you are in the coliseum, no upper ring means you cant really see an event well, horse events still have judges that want site lines

i get that hockey is down the list if things. but if you want to put in seats but in ones that can be configured for the event. why not have them start higher and then pull down what you need. you are 50-75 ft furthur away than you are in the coliseum, no upper ring means you cant really see an event well, horse events still have judges that want site lines
My family showed Morgans for years. Never seen a single class where the judges weren’t IN the ring.

My family showed Morgans for years. Never seen a single class where the judges weren’t IN the ring.
My uncle owns one of the top Morgan stables in the country.

They are further away because the location is based on a larger equestrian arena size than the coliseum, hockey rink is much smaller.

For the second time in eight days, the single-day attendance record has been broken at the New York State Fair. 134,115 people came to fair on Saturday. That breaks the record set last Saturday by 6,721. This year’s fair is now 94,920 ahead last year, which set an all-time record for total attendance.

New York State Fair sets single-day record for attendance

Gov. Andrew Cuomo returned to the New York State Fair today to announce an all-time attendance record: as of about 1:45 p.m., 1,258,000 people had entered the gates over nearly two weeks.

And thousands kept pouring through the gates this afternoon, despite the intense heat. Admission on Labor Day is $1.

The new record means that the state fair, at last, attracted more people than the Erie County Fair and is now the most-attended fair in New York.

I think this is the first time I didn't get to the fair in 30 years. sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom