NYSPHSAA approves permitting boys (JV/V) and girls (V) to request experiment of shot clock | Syracusefan.com

NYSPHSAA approves permitting boys (JV/V) and girls (V) to request experiment of shot clock

illestcuse

All Conference
So NYS is finally allowing a shot clock this season?? Confused with the wording here...

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 4.23.28 PM.png

My guess regarding some of the wording is that both teams would have to agree to it. I don't know how much anyone can mandate it.

The problem I mostly hear from AD's is cost. You need two clocks. They have to be installed in some capacity, then you have the wiring or whatever mechanism that will allow them to be run at the scorers table and then you need someone to operate them. Sounds easy (and cheap) I don't know if it is. Would imagine 5-10 grand for the clocks and miscellaneous and then again you need someone - qualified - who can run them.

But I think it's a nice addition. Considering the HS games are shorter, how long would the shot clock rule actually be ?

My guess regarding some of the wording is that both teams would have to agree to it. I don't know how much anyone can mandate it.

The problem I mostly hear from AD's is cost. You need two clocks. They have to be installed in some capacity, then you have the wiring or whatever mechanism that will allow them to be run at the scorers table and then you need someone to operate them. Sounds easy (and cheap) I don't know if it is. Would imagine 5-10 grand for the clocks and miscellaneous and then again you need someone - qualified - who can run them.

But I think it's a nice addition. Considering the HS games are shorter, how long would the shot clock rule actually be ?

It’s been awhile since I’ve attended a local varsity football game but don’t they hang play clocks at both ends of the field?

Can’t lacrosse do the same (assuming varsity lax teams play in the football stadium).

It’s been awhile since I’ve attended a local varsity football game but don’t they hang play clocks at both ends of the field?

Can’t lacrosse do the same (assuming varsity lax teams play in the football stadium).
You’re making a big assumption. It’d be a big cost for a lot of schools. Lacrosse is still seen as inferior to football in a looooootttt of places.

I dont think the cost would be nearly that hugh but who knows.. It would require probably one more non paid helper to run it. Maybe the newer equipment ties into the clock stuff bball uses now.

go simple.. a couple kids at each end with flip counters?

In any case wireless clocks go for about 1-1500k for bball. the distance for LAX might be an issue.

Might be 5K for better systems it looks like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom