2018 Team Mentality | Syracusefan.com

2018 Team Mentality

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
This team plays with an edge, just vicious at times. They have a chip on their shoulder.

I love that they’ve taken to anihilation as the team mantra.

The kickoff team races to the end zone every time. They look to make sticks and compete with one another. That’s just one example of how I feel every unit’s playing.

This type of approach carries over to many areas, and I think the benefits are pretty evident at his point.

I love seeing guys play fast and mean. I love seeing the way these guys are getting after it.

Our leaders have the young guys believing too, that’s how you get a program to ascend. And our youngest, wow, they can play too.

Howard’s 45-yarder was 100% created by him. He made a man miss in the hole and then he was out.

Tommy D / Cisco / Nykheim / Taj - I mean these guys are big contributors early in their careers.

Wow, this is a fun time to be a fan.

Dino has them believing and executing. DeVito and the defense turned a contest into a rout, with another fine "whose house" performance to keep the guys focused and ecstatic. I was only able to listen to the game, but it was dramatically exciting to have SU dominate so thoroughly, even by radio. It was fun... My favorites yesterday were DeVito, the defense as a group, and Jarveon Howard. For all the complaints about our lack of playmakers, we had a lot of examples of the successful plays and series against Florida State. Our maligned defense stopped Florida State all afternoon, and made plays...a lot of them.

They want to be the bully. They were the chippy, nasty, trash talkin' team yesterday. Speaking of "Nasty" how is there not an entire thread dedicated to the complete dumptuck job that 5' nothin' Johnson put on that poor 5 star FSU defender when he was streaking down the sideline.
He was true to his word...he annihilated his competition for sure. I can't find the play on the condensed version. I'll comeback and post the time of the game where it happened. It was truly beautiful.

They want to be the bully. They were the chippy, nasty, trash talkin' team yesterday. Speaking of "Nasty" how is there not an entire thread dedicated to the complete dumptuck job that 5' nothin' Johnson put on that poor 5 star FSU defender when he was streaking down the sideline.
He was true to his word...he annihilated his competition for sure. I can't find the play on the condensed version. I'll comeback and post the time of the game where it happened. It was truly beautiful.
There is a thread called favorite play

This team plays with an edge, just vicious at times. They have a chip on their shoulder.

I love that they’ve taken to anihilation as the team mantra.

The kickoff team races to the end zone every time. They look to make sticks and compete with one another. That’s just one example of how I feel every unit’s playing.

This type of approach carries over to many areas, and I think the benefits are pretty evident at his point.

I love seeing guys play fast and mean. I love seeing the way these guys are getting after it.

Our leaders have the young guys believing too, that’s how you get a program to ascend. And our youngest, wow, they can play too.

Howard’s 45-yarder was 100% created by him. He made a man miss in the hole and then he was out.

Tommy D / Cisco / Nykheim / Taj - I mean these guys are big contributors early in their careers.

Wow, this is a fun time to be a fan.
Great call on the special teams effort. This is how Alabama is coached too, some of their biggest hits come on specials, like the one where they knocked the tooth out of the returner a couple years ago. It can really establish the tone of your defense when your specials are fast and aggressive.

I have been looking, trying to find this post again for the last 3 days.

3rd quarter, 4:40 mark.

Glad to see Dino welcoming the alumni back. First year or so, he kept the guys at a distance to get the foundation established. donovan darious did a great job there. Would have liked to see the entire thing.
You hear Dino call Slayton a grown man, I wonder what his thoughts on Darius are

One of the younger guys who has stood out from an effort stand point to me is Kingsley Jonathan. He’s always so excited to be on the field and picks his teammates up all the time. He’s been fun to watch and his effort is infectious.
He’s the heir apparent to Alton. Him and Coleman have impressed me very much.

I have been looking, trying to find this post again for the last 3 days.

3rd quarter, 4:40 mark.
Thanks...I'm not a man of my word...I never came back and posted it.

1537285221012.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom