2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

at least they are not stuck with Gray long term 2019 is the final arbitration year and he's a UFA in 2020

I coached this kid in LL all stars and my son played with him all throughout little league and in American Legion (they went to different high schools).

He was a SS in high school and was recruited by a few low level D-1 programs. He went to Wagner and they moved him to the OF where he made all conference his last two seasons. The NYY got a good look at him because Wagner played it's home games in the Staten Island ballpark. NY drafted him in the 30th round in 2016.

He played rookie and low-A ball in 2016 and then moved up a notch in 2017 and was doing ok until an injury in late July ended his season. This season he passed right by Tampa where most people thought the would go and instead went to Trenton in AA. Right now he's leading the Eastern League in hitting at .425. Hasn't hit for power yet but I think he's capable of some decent pop. Beautiful left handed stroke. Has plus speed and is probably an above average defender. Very dedicated kid who won't get outworked. Would be some journey if he were to wind up in the majors.

Pinstriped Profile: Ben Ruta

Thunder Outfielder Ben Ruta Thriving in Homecoming

Last edited:
It will be 20 games tomorrow, Torres is hitting .370 with 11 RBI's, and Drury is on the DL. Not surprising one bit, looking forward to it.

Joe Pepitone. And his hair dryer.
True story - Denny McClain grooved a pitch to Mickey Mantle for his last home run. Mantle had signaled where the pitch should be. Pure gift and almost everybody knew it. Pepitone was up next and signaled to McClain where he wanted his pitch. McClain put a fastball under his chin instead.

Mr brian ‘we are up by 10 and we are going to put a shift in to get you out quicker and rub it in...BUT HOW DARE YOU BUNT AWAY FROM OUR SHIFT, AND TRY TO GET A HIT AND/OR NOT QUIT????’ dozier comes to town.

Phluck that snowflake, hope the media here destroys him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom