2019 Boys HS Section III Tournament | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Boys HS Section III Tournament

3 points.

- I saw Desko also , I assume he was there to watch Rosa, but he did stay for the first half of CNS v B'ville ( looked like he said meh and then left as it was a very sloppy game in which no one impressed)

- Bville will beat Genny... CNS played a zone which messed with their heads for 75% of the game.

- What happened to Marcellus? Their coach left and is now an "assistant" coach for CNS... and he is TERRIBLE. he was basically leading the show for CNS this year. You can connect those dots...
Haha very good points-that definitely adds up. I was told today Marcellus’s new head coach is Kevin Donahue’s son (Dylan’s bro Collin who I think played for us recently). Must run in the family. Very interested in that Genny-bville game. Really hope Rosa does well, but I agree with you about the outcome. Also saw Lafayette beat Skan, that one came out of nowhere

Class A Finals
Baldwinsville 18, West Genesee 6

Class B Finals
FM 13, Auburn 4

Class C Finals
JD 12, CBA 9

Class D Finals
Lafayette 16, Marcellus 1

Last edited:
What’s the next round of matchups look like?

I dont know how the brackets will be set by section, but the Section 2 champs are:

A = Niskayuna;
B = Ballston Spa;
C = LaSalle Institute; and
D = Schuylerville.

Edit: Looks like Section 1 (Mamaroneck, John Jay-Cross River, ?; and Briarcliff)

Last edited:
I dont know how the brackets will be set by section, but the Section 2 champs are:

A = Niskayuna;
B = Ballston Spa;
C = LaSalle Institute; and
D = Schuylerville.

Edit: Looks like Section 1 (Mamaroneck, John Jay-Cross River, ?; and Briarcliff)

Rye in Class C

Here is the bracket. Victor is not through yet.

Here is the bracket. Victor is not through yet.

Don’t count out the boys from Canandaigua quite yet...

You think that's bad. Out here in Section 2 there is a league for lacrosse called the Foothills Conference. It consists of 2 class B schools, 3 class C schools and 1 class D school. Imagine Tully competing against FM to win a conference title? It's absurd. Also, our Albany CBA is Class C enrollment and they play up, not sure if A or B, but Syracuse CBA is the opposite..

Anyhow, here are the New York State Classifications for the 2018/19 school year.

NYSPHSAA > ADs & Coaches > Classifications

Before they had classes for Lax Tully was at times rated top 20 in the state as was Lafayette
(Regularly),and both competed regularly with West Genny, Liverpool, and FM. That was another time and era but not dis similar from the Foothills now who is trying to foster up and coming young Lax programs.

Before they had classes for Lax Tully was at times rated top 20 in the state as was Lafayette
(Regularly),and both competed regularly with West Genny, Liverpool, and FM. That was another time and era but not dis similar from the Foothills now who is trying to foster up and coming young Lax programs.

True, prior to like 1990 there was only Class A and Class B. But even then, you might play an A school out of conference but you weren't competing for league titles against them. Class B had two divisions. The OHSL division 3 league back then was Tully, Homer, J-E, Skinny, Lafayette and Marcellus. Of course if you wanted to get to states you still had to go through JD. I think the JD side of class B was ESM, Cortland, Nottingham, CBA, Ludden and maybe Fulton.

Last edited:

LaFayette cruises past Salmon River and gets a match up with Chenango Forks Friday at 5:30PM

Niskayuna went down last night. Lost to Mamaroneck 11-5

Class B
John Jay over Ballston Spa 13-6

Class C
Rye 14 LaSalle 5

Class D
Briarcliff 5 - Schuylerville 3

Not a good night for section II

Lafayette's Iroquois kids were better than Salmon Rivers'. On to Chenango Forks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom