2019 Fall Camp: Practice Day #8, Saturday 8/10/2019 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Fall Camp: Practice Day #8, Saturday 8/10/2019

Wait, what?! Did I see a QB getting tackled?

13 better have a no touch policy.

You guys are going to see Jordy make one big play and you’ll be slobbering the rest of his career. He has Reggie Bush talent...just sayin

He’s going to be very hard to keep off the field

You guys are going to see Jordy make one big play and you’ll be slobbering the rest of his career. He has Reggie Bush talent...just sayin
I've been slobbering well before that.

Didn't come out right.

You know what I mean.

Just realized that #27 in the video that's plowing right over someone is Garrison Johnson. Jeesh he looks pretty powerful and aggressive.
Bowling ball. The kids a compact 240 pounds.

He’s going to be very hard to keep off the field
It will be interesting to see if Jordan can pick up the other aspects of being a running back at Cuse. Blitz pickup, line calls (RB still has s handling that?) and catching out of the backfield. Love the young man's speed and hoping he is equally as capable in the other aspects. A redshirt year used to get stronger and learn would be ideal. Can't have him just speed and whiffing on the blitz protection. With a strong stable of backs this year it's a good chance to develop.

Jordan is ahead of schedule I take it.
Jawhar Jordan is going to be a stud you can’t keep that speed off the field

I am so excited to see him play. I just want to see him make a quick cut and outrun a DB to the endzone. That being said Garrison Johnson completely steam rolled someone in that video above...I thought it was Jarevon until I watched it slow motion.

It will be interesting to see if Jordan can pick up the other aspects of being a running back at Cuse. Blitz pickup, line calls (RB still has s handling that?) and catching out of the backfield. Love the young man's speed and hoping he is equally as capable in the other aspects. A redshirt year used to get stronger and learn would be ideal. Can't have him just speed and whiffing on the blitz protection. With a strong stable of backs this year it's a good chance to develop.
Apparently Jordan’s every bit, and potentially more, the playmaker he’s been touted as since 2017/2018. He’s a talent than can be used in Dino’s offense at multiple positions, it’ll be interesting to see if he’s tested vs Liberty/WMU.

That being said, Jarveon Howard was breaking tackles and extending plays as a freshman vs 4 and 5 star defenders from FSU with noticeable ease that loudly impressed Dino.

We have two very very good toys to play with this year when Abdul and Moe need a breather. The key for the younger guys is ball security and pass protection.

O line’s making strides as well, not there yet (let up i believe 7 sacks in the scrimmage) but are progressing.

Apparently Jordan’s every bit, and potentially more, the playmaker he’s been touted as since 2017/2018. He’s a talent than can be used in Dino’s offense at multiple positions, it’ll be interesting to see if he’s tested vs Liberty/WMU.

That being said, Jarveon Howard was breaking tackles and extending plays as a freshman vs 4 and 5 star defenders from FSU with noticeable ease that loudly impressed Dino.

We have two very very good toys to play with this year when Abdul and Moe need a breather. The key for the younger guys is ball security and pass protection.

O line’s making strides as well, not there yet (let up i believe 7 sacks in the scrimmage) but are progressing.
7 Sacks against arguably a top 5 defensive line and overall could be the 2nd best defense in the ACC.

I'll take it.

7 Sacks against arguably a top 5 defensive line and overall could be the 2nd best defense in the ACC.

I'll take it.
“Iron sharpens iron” we better hope they’ll progress from that because they won’t face stiffs from FSU, Clemson, Wake or BC. Those lines, except wake, don’t exactly rebuild. They just reload

Everything seems to be right on track
Defense ahead of Offense - check
Some injuries that have caused in depth injury analysts - check
Dino Babers going to USC/'top' program - check
Converting OL to DL - check
Hot take's are spicy - check

Love off-seasons and love this message board:)

7 sacks is less concerning when you factor in 2nd and 3rd team players going against 1s

I would rather have the defense dominating. I think this offense will always find ways to put points on the board. Getting stops is another story. I'm going to go with the defense being really really good, rather than the offense being bad.
I agree with the one caveat that we have seen in the past that when the offense has had trouble sustaining drives, the defense looks good early and then can get gassed.

With our improved depth on defense and, hopefully, a more versatile efficient offense, I think we'll see less of that this year.

7 sacks is less concerning when you factor in 2nd and 3rd team players going against 1s

Uh, yeah - about that.
Tommy got sacked for a safety by Alton on THE VERY FIRST PLAY.

I doubt Dino had TDV out there behind on OL made up of the 2's & 3's

But to your point, they ran 150-ish plays, which is a good 50%+ more than a normal game.
So, between that inflating the #'s, and the "underbelly" of the team likely being more likely to surrender sacks, it's really nothing to give a 2nd thought.

Uh, yeah - about that.
Tommy got sacked for a safety by Alton on THE VERY FIRST PLAY.

I doubt Dino had TDV out there behind on OL made up of the 2's & 3's

But to your point, they ran 150-ish plays, which is a good 50%+ more than a normal game.
So, between that inflating the #'s, and the "underbelly" of the team likely being more likely to surrender sacks, it's really nothing to give a 2nd thought.
No Heckel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom