2019 FIFA Women's World Cup | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2019 FIFA Women's World Cup

so bball/fballl/basketball have changed a ton of rules in the last 20-30 yrs.. what has soccer done?

I would go to the lax rule of controlling how many can be on the some side of a line at a time.. less guys in the box on corners would help. even just 1-2 less would make a difference.

its funny we change american rules because of the rules other countries use, but it never seems to go the other way.

so bball/fballl/basketball have changed a ton of rules in the last 20-30 yrs.. what has soccer done?

I would go to the lax rule of controlling how many can be on the some side of a line at a time.. less guys in the box on corners would help. even just 1-2 less would make a difference.

its funny we change american rules because of the rules other countries use, but it never seems to go the other way.

Rules are fine.

Go watch golf.

Why the hell is Rapinoe starting on the bench today?

Good question. I read some speculation that it had something to do with Rapinoe's lack of defense but I thought she did an ok job tracking back against France.

I think Mewis was largely responsible (or perhaps Ellis' strategy) for leaving Crystal Dunn on an island against France.

All due respect to Christen Press, how is it she's Rapinoe's replacement and not Lloyd? Would've made more sense to me to add a player with far more flexibility (Lloyd). I know Lloyd is older and maybe she can't maintain that level for a full 90 but give her the chance.

I like Horan back in the midfield.

Good question. I read some speculation that it had something to do with Rapinoe's lack of defense but I thought she did an ok job tracking back against France.

I think Mewis was largely responsible (or perhaps Ellis' strategy) for leaving Crystal Dunn on an island against France.

All due respect to Christen Press, how is it she's Rapinoe's replacement and not Lloyd? Would've made more sense to me to add a player with far more flexibility (Lloyd). I know Lloyd is older and maybe she can't maintain that level for a full 90 but give her the chance.

I like Horan back in the midfield.

Still kind of puzzling... it isn’t like they have been giving up goals in bunches.

Will be quite a spark off the bench though, if needed.

You can read about soccer's rule changes here

Don’t see her playing at all. Only player not to warm up at all and has no shin guards on. Regardless what the official reason, it’s either injury or discipline.

Still kind of puzzling... it isn’t like they have been giving up goals in bunches.

Will be quite a spark off the bench though, if needed.

And that makes sense to me as well. A fresh Rapinoe in the last 30 (if needed) would hopefully create a ton of chances.

I know Heath has frequently taken set pieces but I wonder who will take them in Rapinoe's absence.

Best move so far was adding Horan. She’s allowed Lavelle to move farther forward and not worry about her defensive duties as much. They’ve been the two best players on the field so far.

I'd like to see the US possess the ball more.

The back line isn't consistent enough for how casually they're giving away the ball in the last 10-15 minutes.

The USWNT are the equivalent of the Brazilian men’s team.
A lot of skill upfront, shaky goal keeping, and the success relies on the back 4.

Might just like Horan's game (bruiser with great skill) more than Lavelle's.

Tobin Heath is an amazing talent. She's also too frequently a ball hog.

Sam Mewis was tripped from behind. That was an awful no call.

Parris looked offside to me before she crossed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom