2019 NFL Draft thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NFL Draft thread

I’m just here to say that it is absurd how long this is taking

There must be issues with some of these guys. A few are really dropping. Williams the RB from Texas AM, Harmon the WR from NCSt, and Boyd the DB from Texas.

Slayton to the giants

Gerald Willis III falling from a 2nd or 3rd rounder to undrafted. Wow. Kid must be a cancer.

From CBS Sports about Slayton

Slayton is a high-motor, heavy-handed defensive tackle who can throttle offensive guards backward but lacks athleticism and pass-rushing moves. Grade: B-

And Chad Pennington is better than Tom Brady.:rolleyes:
Well, at the time. Didn't Pennington start in the NFL right way?
Then comes scheme, coaching, surrounding players, continued development, and health.
Players are not stagnant.

Well, at the time. Didn't Pennington start in the NFL right way?
Then comes scheme, coaching, surrounding players, continued development, and health.
Players are not stagnant.

All of that is true but NFL teams have massive misses in the draft all of the time. The whole thing is a bit of a crap shoot. Too often picks are made on "potential" as opposed to actual production on the field.

Last edited:
D5UMXT8WAAEW65K

Here is a cumulative draft grade.
I think the Giants are getting hit a little too hard because of one bad pick(Daniel Jones at 6).

D5UMXT8WAAEW65K

Here is a cumulative draft grade.
I think the Giants are getting hit a little too hard because of one bad pick(Daniel Jones at 6).

Giants were perfectly fine on Day 2 and 3. I think people had an issue with all 3 of their first rounders though. I personally like Daniel Jones more than Haskins (though I prefer Lock over both); I don't think Jones was that bad of a pick.

I think they also got punished just because of the optics: skipping on a QB last year to take a RB that analysts don't really value anymore to then take what was perceived to be a far worse QB this year. Trade away Damon Harrison to use your 2nd first rounder on another run stuffer. And basically everyone had Greedy Williams, Rock Ya-Sin, or Byron Murphy as the best corner in the draft and they took Baker over all 3 of them.

It might prove to be a good draft, but it goes against what most draft analysts thought about the prospects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom