2019 Position by Position Trending | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Position by Position Trending

Basically it's all about OT, DT, and LB. If those positions come together and the team stays healthy, good things will come.

I'm going on record to say Ruff has a monster year at DT. I thought he was fantastic the last 4 games of this season. Shame him and McKinley couldn't benefit from a RS year.

I think we’re all making much ado about nothing, myself included, with LBer. Shy/Armstrong should be similar to Whitner/Guthrie. Hell Armstrong even plays like Guthrie. And we have 2 stud blue chips coming in as early enrollees. Allison from last year redshirted. Williams and Wallace both got experience on specials. More I look at it, more I like the 2 deep and depth here.

I think we could add a grad transfer to the mix but I’m more against than for it.

DT/OT two biggest concerns IMO, OT 1st unit, DT 2nd unit.

I'm glad that everyone on this site has it all figured out. I will wait and see next season. I am sure coach Babers and crew will figure it all out and have another sucessful season.

The thing is, you don’t need as many of those if the ball is out quicker, accurate and with more velocity.

A lot of those free rushers that Dungey made miss, will sack Devito (although he can move - he’s not a statue), but a quicker, more accurate, higher velocity passing attack will look way different than 2018 and help to negate the need for Dungey’s escapability.
Right. There are different ways to minimize a pass rush. Devito will need to read the defense quickly and get rid of the ball when pressured. If he consistently makes teams pay by hitting hot reads, the pass rush will have to slow down. If the run game improves, that'll make front 7's hesitate too. As has already been said he will have more tools to work with. That should help make up for the escapability and intangible factor that ED brought. It will also help that he was huge in two of our wins. The rest of the team will have confidence in him because of how he performed against FSU and UNC.

I'm glad that everyone on this site has it all figured out. I will wait and see next season. I am sure coach Babers and crew will figure it all out and have another sucessful season.
Awesome. We can all stop talking about our favorite team. Admins shut the site down until August.

Great, see you back on the board in 8 months.

:confused:

One other thing - in addition to stretching the field to the sidelines, DeVito stretches the defense downfield better than Dungey too. We'll be way more dangerous going long with T-shirt Time's cannon (get it? Like a t-shirt cannon? Nevermind) than we were with Dungey. Not that Dungey couldn't hit on those passes, more that he sometimes did, sometimes needed a lot of help from his WR/a flag, sometimes missed. The odds of those plays being punishing are higher with DeVito.

I think the Lb group will be trending up just because of scheme change. Hopefully, we won’t go back to the beginning of last year; but stay with the change of the second half. That position group ended well; but the beginning was bad.
So very true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom