2019 team | Syracusefan.com

2019 team

Bigmancuse

Walk On
Hey guys I'm new to this. I had a few thoughts on the middies and d.
The middies are loaded. Trimboli and tucker re stars in the making. They need to be on the field at all times. I also think lipka could of been a lot better if he wasn't forced to play with Simmons or lane. He's gonna have a break out year. Lipka should of been a star last year but always got a good amount of attention as he did not have a strong unit.

On attack. We should be pretty good. Need that third guy. I'd like to see a freshman or sophomore play. Develop them alomg side two good attackmen

On to the d, Mellon is a stud. Best defender we've had in a while. And kennedy is a stud too. These two need to be on the fielder all times. Kennedy should
Replace bomberry or Cunningham. He is cleary better and should not be sharing like reps. Him and Mellon would be a dynamic team down on close d.

Dipetro also needs to get more time somehow. Could see him taking a spot too.

Curry is going to be a major force as well. Fiorini may factor in as well if he is not a RS

The 3 and 4 Attack may include Curry or Cook coming in depending on whether he can go right away

Curry is one of the four Muskeeters that will anchor our middy play. Hopefully Carlin returns and the talents of Quinn, Seebold and Buttermore are ready to shine after a year of development. . Cuse likely will be able to go three lines deep if they wish because there is competent depth. The huge scorer that many crave isn't necessary as there is strength in numbers with little reliance on any one player. Having said that, when push comes to shove , we have several young veteran mids now ie Trimboli, Dordevic, Curry, Lipka who are capable of big moments and big games. Not overly concerned about that 3rd attackman either, Voight is capable and then some young talents Seebold and Cook await. ( still lament about Winaskaus transfer but as someone pointed out Refhus is here via transfer ) Offense has been both potent and stagnate in games at times , talent is there but lapses at times in execution. Offense fun to watch when it hums

Curry is one of the four Muskeeters that will anchor our middy play. Hopefully Carlin returns and the talents of Quinn, Seebold and Buttermore are ready to shine after a year of development. . Cuse likely will be able to go three lines deep if they wish because there is competent depth. The huge scorer that many crave isn't necessary as there is strength in numbers with little reliance on any one player. Having said that, when push comes to shove , we have several young veteran mids now ie Trimboli, Dordevic, Curry, Lipka who are capable of big moments and big games. Not overly concerned about that 3rd attackman either, Voight is capable and then some young talents Seebold and Cook await. ( still lament about Winaskaus transfer but as someone pointed out Refhus is here via transfer ) Offense has been both potent and stagnate in games at times , talent is there but lapses at times in execution. Offense fun to watch when it hums
Hope springs in June, only to die in February. As I remember Buttermore played in mop up role against the fifth string in one game where he scored a couple. Quinn played with the seconds a few times for a few minutes. Seebold looked like a boy among men, like a stiff wind might blow him into the seats. I would not count on them to be forces next season. I took the chance to watch Buttermore on video. Against fair long sticks, he did not appear to be one of the better players on the field. Just a word of caution.

Carlin & Voight have to stepup their game to stay on the field, Desko has been giving freshmen more of a chance now.

Last edited:
Hope springs in June, only to die in February. As I remember Buttermore played in mop up role against the fifth string in one game where he scored a couple. Quinn played with the seconds a few times for a few minutes. Seebold looked like a boy among men, like a stiff wind might blow him into the seats. I would not count on them to be forces next season. I took the chance to watch Buttermore on video. Against fair long sticks, he did not appear to be one of the better players on the field. Just a word of caution.
Respect your advice of caution but I am positive. Year of development being key, believe Desko had positive comments on practice performances of all and sees them as future contributors so they will get opportunities in fall to show. Last year was transitional, this year has more immediacy and that can work to the benefit or detriment of these three so they have to come in prepared to win minutes. Lynch flashed considerable tools even with subs out of sync in short glimpses. Shorter but sturdy and plays through contact. Aggressive and confident, he got game and just a matter of carving out a role and providing enough minutes so he can contribute. Buttermore scored fifty plus goals against solid PA hs comp schedule matching total of his heralded teammate Moore who was acc frosh of yr at UVA. Moore likely drew pole which helped but fifty is fifty when your competition is good. Think he is a complementary two player who provides needed girth to mids with 200 pds plus. Liked the aggressiveness and hustle he displayed. Seebold likely had the biggest adjustment to level of play. He was not physically mature last year as you said but has the frame to fill out His game not seen as he played ultra conservative but expect that he'll return bigger and hopefully more assertive seeking time. Question with him will be quickness as he has the stick skills and intuition.. Could evolve into a BBomberry type attackman in time.

Respect your advice of caution but I am positive. Year of development being key, believe Desko had positive comments on practice performances of all and sees them as future contributors so they will get opportunities in fall to show. Last year was transitional, this year has more immediacy and that can work to the benefit or detriment of these three so they have to come in prepared to win minutes. Lynch flashed considerable tools even with subs out of sync in short glimpses. Shorter but sturdy and plays through contact. Aggressive and confident, he got game and just a matter of carving out a role and providing enough minutes so he can contribute. Buttermore scored fifty plus goals against solid PA hs comp schedule matching total of his heralded teammate Moore who was acc frosh of yr at UVA. Moore likely drew pole which helped but fifty is fifty when your competition is good. Think he is a complementary two player who provides needed girth to mids with 200 pds plus. Liked the aggressiveness and hustle he displayed. Seebold likely had the biggest adjustment to level of play. He was not physically mature last year as you said but has the frame to fill out His game not seen as he played ultra conservative but expect that he'll return bigger and hopefully more assertive seeking time. Question with him will be quickness as he has the stick skills and intuition.. Could evolve into a BBomberry type attackman in time.
Well elaborated. Hope you are right.

Goalie position should be in good hands as we have several well regarded tenders. . Porter likely has inside track but Strang is also supposedly very good. A strength of Madonna was ability to pass upfield, wonder who does that best amongst candidates.

The middies are loaded. Trimboli and tucker re stars in the making. They need to be on the field at all times. I also think lipka could of been a lot better if he wasn't forced to play with Simmons or lane. He's gonna have a break out year. Lipka should of been a star last year but always got a good amount of attention as he did not have a strong unit.

On attack. We should be pretty good. Need that third guy. I'd like to see a freshman or sophomore play. Develop them alomg side two good attackmen

On to the d, Mellon is a stud. Best defender we've had in a while. And kennedy is a stud too. These two need to be on the fielder all times. Kennedy should
Replace bomberry or Cunningham. He is cleary better and should not be sharing like reps. Him and Mellon would be a dynamic team down on close d.

I like what you got on your mind "Big Man". Definitely will take it into consideration.

"Big Man" who's spot do you think Dipetro would take?

"Big Man" who's spot do you think Dipetro would take?

I think he should compete with bomberry and Cunningham. I think he's more athletic and could make this d pretty dangerous this year. Tyson has an amazon stick and should definitely be used but looks slow footed at times. Would love to see dipetro get more time this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom