2019 Thanksgiving tourney guesses? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Thanksgiving tourney guesses?

I am guessing the ACC asks each school which venues they have interest in, puts them in queues for those venues and schedules accordingly. For instance, here is the list Hoo's That provided:

Bahama
Maui
Cayman Islands
Las Vegas
AdvoCare (Orlando)
NIT Tipoff
Wooden Legacy (Fullerton)
Myrtle Beach
Charleston
Barclays Center
Deep South Showcase
2K Classic
Ft. Meyers
Gotham Classic

Syracuse wants to play in tournaments in the NYC area and maybe Maui and the Bahamas. Vegas, Orlando, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Deep South Showcase and Ft Myers are probably not of interest. BC and Pitt also surely want to play in NYC regularly as well. Georgia Tech, Duke and UNC too. Maybe a couple more.

The schools in the Carolinas are probably really interested in Myrtle Beach, Charleston, maybe the Deep South and the Florida venues. The Cayman Islands is probably really easy to get to from Atlanta and Miami. Not so easy from Syracuse.

I hope this is how it works anyway...

Don't discount the influence of ESPN's input for the tourneys they televise. The Worldwide leader has some clear favorites.

Have it from a good source that we are headed back to Atlantis in 2021

Also, per the same source, team is going to Italy next summer (2019)

Man, I'd rather be on a beach in November, but I think this could be solid. If true, hopefully we'll get some details soon!

I will be at the Atlantis in the Bahamas later this week, leaving the day before the tournament begins. Hope to see Tony Bennett.

I'll never forget walking around the pool area shortly after checking in, just getting a feel for the area. I'm rocking an Orange t-shirt. Guy swimming in the pool with a Cuse hat shouts out "Hey, Syracuse!! I didn't expect to see any Cuse fans down here". I laughed and said "yea, only like a thousand".

He looked pretty confused. I said "You're here for the basketball tournament, right?" He had no clue it was even going on. His wife planned the trip for his 50th or something. They left the day before the games started. The look he gave his wife, was one of the craziest looks I've ever seen lol.

I'll never forget walking around the pool area shortly after checking in, just getting a feel for the area. I'm rocking an Orange t-shirt. Guy swimming in the pool with a Cuse hat shouts out "Hey, Syracuse!! I didn't expect to see any Cuse fans down here". I laughed and said "yea, only like a thousand".

He looked pretty confused. I said "You're here for the basketball tournament, right?" He had no clue it was even going on. His wife planned the trip for his 50th or something. They left the day before the games started. The look he gave his wife, was one of the craziest looks I've ever seen lol.

I remember to talk to that couple as well. Amazingly he told me he was a big Cuse fan. Oblivious cam, anyone?

Well that officially sounds like the most depressing tourney in the history of college basketball.

Sound like it should be named “Walmart Cupcake 4-pack”

Charleston (SC) Classic has my vote...selfish reasons it's in my backyard and kicks off today. Great little arena that holds 5k downtown Charleston. While the weather is not like Bahama's, it's not as expensive either...bring your sticks and I'll put together some golf outings for everyone. Maybe JB can get us onto Kiawah Ocean Course! ;)
ACC has represented the last number of years...UVA 4-5 years ago, Wake, Clemson, VA Tech this year.