2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 145 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

great win

the only nit I will pick is that I would have rather seen Hicks in than Maybin. would have been a perfect time to get his feet wet

Edwin has missed some swings by a combined 20 feet i think
Will be interesting to see if Edwin sits tomorrow and Boone rolls the dice with Maybin or Hicks starting in the field and Stanton at DH. Or maybe Hicks at DH for another left handed bat.

giphy.gif

great win

the only nit I will pick is that I would have rather seen Hicks in than Maybin. would have been a perfect time to get his feet wet

In a regular season game, sure. Last night, however, I think it was more important to slam the door shut, to close it out with authority. So I would think Maybin was a better call there than a guy who hasn't played in months (and I really like Hicks, btw). Just IMHO.

In a regular season game, sure. Last night, however, I think it was more important to slam the door shut, to close it out with authority. So I would think Maybin was a better call there than a guy who hasn't played in months (and I really like Hicks, btw). Just IMHO.
If you don't have enough confidence to put Hicks into a game with a comfortable lead, he shouldn't be on the roster in the first place.

If you don't have enough confidence to put Hicks into a game with a comfortable lead, he shouldn't be on the roster in the first place.

exactly, if he's on the roster he needs to be ready to play. it was a low leverage situation where he could have played some field and gotten an at and if anything went wrong for even 1 ball to the OF you still have Maybin to put in

Is it just me, or do other people feel that ground-level steadycam following runners from third is a really dumb idea?

Per MLB rules, if Stanton is taken off the ALCS roster he would be forced to miss the World Series.

So who starts? Maybin or Hicks?

Get a lefty bat in the lineup?

This is the kind of overmanaging that can blow up in your face and impact your bullpen for the rest of the series.
That’s why Boone gets the big bucks and I’m stuck here in my living room listening to Joe Buck

And Paxton is the kind of pitcher that can blow up and lose you the game in the third inning.
So you basically take your best starter down the stretch out of the mix until a potential game 6 (where he'd still potentially be trying to shake off the rust) or you use him out of the bullpen situationally between starts in a role he's unfamiliar with.

So you basically take your best starter down the stretch out of the mix until a potential game 6 (where he'd still potentially be trying to shake off the rust) or you use him out of the bullpen situationally between starts in a role he's unfamiliar with.
Count me in the camp that is 100% fine w minimizing his innings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom