2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

Gary Sanchez is shut down for 5 days (starting yesterday) due to left calf strain. he hopes to be off IL after 10 days.

Miguel Andujar took swings today but he’s still not sure if he will need or avoid season-ending surgery for a labrum tear.

Troy Tuluwitzki took swings today and is improving by the day. He’s unsure when he can come off IL.

Hicks has been over his back injury for couple of weeks but they are being cautious getting him back into baseball shape. It sounds like he’s still a couple weeks away from playing rehab games

LOL so basically "were not sure when anyone is coming back"

Totally absurd that the CHIsox/NYY game is being played in a persistent downpour. Somebody could get killed out there.

Totally absurd that the CHIsox/NYY game is being played in a persistent downpour. Somebody could get killed out there.
Not as absurd as Voit batting third.

This bullpen is pitching like its Sept and everyone is worn out. Giving homeruns left and right

Cant believe I'm saying this in April but this team is going to need bullpen help because Betances looks like hes out for a while.

George is turning over in his grave with this team. He’s been on the DL for a couple of years too

The only thing going right for the Yankees is the Red Sox start.

Machado and Harper’s new teams are at the top of their division and 40% of the projected 25 man roster is hurt, many with no return timetable. Including the positions that the two big FA’s would have played.

Glad it’s a long season because it’s an April to forget.

The only thing going right for the Yankees is the Red Sox start.

Machado and Harper’s new teams are at the top of their division and 40% of the projected 25 man roster is hurt, many with no return timetable. Including the positions that the two big FA’s would have played.

Glad it’s a long season because it’s an April to forget.

I have under 97 for NY and under 94 for Boston. Both lookin' like layups right now.

I told you guys last year about a NYY prospect named Ben Ruta that I coached in little league and who my son played with from little league up through American Legion. He was a 30th round draft pick out of Wagner in 2016. Not heavily recruited at all coming out of HS.

Last year he unexpectedly started out in Trenton (AA) because of some other guys being injured. He was hitting over .300 but was sent down to Tampa (high A) when the other other guys came back. These guys were high draft picks so he has always known he needs to be clearly better in order to get the nod. He tore it up in Tampa and is now back in Trenton where he's hitting .406 through the first ten games there. He leads the team in every statistical category. He's a corner OFer with some above average speed. Moderate power so far but that will come down the line.

It might not be with NY but one way or another I think he hits the big time in a year or two. Could be trade bait- will be interesting to see what NY does with him.

I have under 97 for NY and under 94 for Boston. Both lookin' like layups right now.
Yankees were 9-9 last year, won 100.

If Scranton can get to 9-9 or close before the Varsity comes back, you’re flucked.

Yankees were 9-9 last year, won 100.

If Scranton can get to 9-9 or close before the Varsity comes back, you’re flucked.

Sheet, I'd triple down on that bet if I could get the same odds. They're not sniffing 97.

I bet a buddy yesterday that the Yankees finish with a better record than the Rays.

That's his left foot if you're scoring at home.

Most predictable thing ever. Was zero chance He and Tulo were making it to May 1st. Yankees don't seem to learn from a players history very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom