2019 Yankees Thread... | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Yankees Thread...

Only need 4 starters. Sevy is coming back. Who knows.

Personally, I don't trust CC to hold up.

Paxson
Tanaka
German

#4 is the TBD. Hopefully Sevy.

Only need 4 starters. Sevy is coming back. Who knows.

Personally, I don't trust CC to hold up.

That knee is troubling. I might be better to have another arm in the bull pen, sad to say.

Last edited:
This media talk of gio possibly being on the bench in the playoffs I hope is just ignorant talk.

This media talk of gio possibly being on the bench in the playoffs I hope is just ignorant talk.

It looks like a possibility, much as I hate to see it. This became a problem as soon as we picked up EE which made a logjam in the infield, especially at 1B. I don't see sitting out DJ. So if Gio plays 3B, with Didi at SS, Gleyber at 2B, then what? Who plays 1B? Gotta be DJ, with Voit and EE switching in and out at DH? Can't sit Didi, we've already lost a LH bat with Tauchman out. I think Mike Ford sits in the press box unless there's an injury or if Boonie needs a LH bat. That might mean LV sits.

Also the OF has a problem if Stanton comes back. AJ and GG are locks, but who plays LF? GS, CF, or CM? It's dictated this way to a certain extent because Hicks and Tauchman are out. But GS is only an adequate defensive OF (not unlike CF), so if he DH's that puts more pressure on the EE situation.

Nice problem to have, however it works out. Boonie's gonna earn his money, and no matter what happens he's going to get second guessed by all us arm chair managers. :)

It looks like a possibility, much as I hate to see it. This became a problem as soon as we picked up EE which made a logjam in the infield, especially at 1B. I don't see sitting out DJ. So if Gio plays 3B, with Didi at SS, Gleyber at 2B, then what? Who plays 1B? Gotta be DJ, with Voit and EE switching in and out at DH? Can't sit Didi, we've already lost a LH bat with Tauchman out. I think Mike Ford sits in the press box unless there's an injury or if Boonie needs a LH bat. That might mean LV sits.

Also the OF has a problem if Stanton comes back. AJ and GG are locks, but who plays LF? GS, CF, or CM? It's dictated this way to a certain extent because Hicks and Tauchman are out. But GS is only an adequate defensive OF (not unlike CF), so if he DH's that puts more pressure on the EE situation.

Nice problem to have, however it works out. Boonie's gonna earn his money, and no matter what happens he's going to get second guessed by all us arm chair managers. :)

Gio at 3rd and DJ at first. EE and Voit go to DH and PH. Sitting your leading hitter and best defensive player would be asinine.

In the OF we got screwed when Taut got hurt.

Way too soon for serious speculation, as unforeseen injuries (or perhaps it should be foreseen injuries this season) have a way of sorting out a lot of these decisions. Would anyone be surprised if Stanton returned and reinjured himself, or if Gardner broke down, or if Voit went down again?

Gio at 3rd and DJ at first. EE and Voit go to DH and PH. Sitting your leading hitter and best defensive player would be asinine.

In the OF we got screwed when Taut got hurt.

I don't disagree with your first point. Just pointing out the particulars of the logjam. While I was watching last night I said to myself, "I hope the 10-day IL stint didn't break the spell for Gio," and next pitch he jacked one. True. I was much relieved. :)

To the second, if Stanton doesn't go down, Tauchman most likely doesn't get the spot in left.

I don't disagree with your first point. Just pointing out the particulars of the logjam. While I was watching last night I said to myself, "I hope the 10-day IL stint didn't break the spell for Gio," and next pitch he jacked one. True. I was much relieved. :)

To the second, if Stanton doesn't go down, Tauchman most likely doesn't get the spot in left.

Stanton did go down though and has only played 9 games. Tauchman has been a major player.

Way too soon for serious speculation, as unforeseen injuries (or perhaps it should be foreseen injuries this season) have a way of sorting out a lot of these decisions. Would anyone be surprised if Stanton returned and reinjured himself, or if Gardner broke down, or if Voit went down again?

I don't disagree there either, for all three of Gardy, LV and GS have already spent more time than enough on the IL. But that doesn't mean one can't see the potential dilemmas ahead. Take the starting rotation: if LS is ready to go, who sits? CC? That's a problem that's virtually happening right now.

Here's another angle: home field advantage will be very important in the playoffs (Check German's home/away stats :)) Does Boonie use the rest of the month to bring players back so they can get "up to speed" for the playoffs, or does he keep rolling with what he's got so there's no disruption to the team at this point?

And speaking of which, wasn't there a situation a few years ago when a player returned late from the IL, Joe dressed him and sat a player who made a solid contribution most of the year? I seem to recall some drama to that effect. Was it with Sheffield?
noidea.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom