2020-21 ny mets thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2020-21 ny mets thread

I like the new GM.

Hate losing Thor. Hope he does well for the Angels.

This team gets harder to root for with each passing day.
Here is my question about this new gm. This guy had the best player in the sport for all these years and hasn't won a thing. If this is just a place holder for David Sterns I can get behind that.

Thor had a ton of hype.. but the reality is he hasnt really done much more than be pretty good for short periods of time. why would anyone pay 21 million to someone who hasnt really pitched in 2 yrs. he avg 6ks a game and has 45 wins. he might top out as a 10-12 win guy so a solid #3-4.

Thor had a ton of hype.. but the reality is he hasnt really done much more than be pretty good for short periods of time. why would anyone pay 21 million to someone who hasnt really pitched in 2 yrs. he avg 6ks a game and has 45 wins. he might top out as a 10-12 win guy so a solid #3-4.
Id rather resign stroman.

Interesting first few signings. Some depth but Marte, if healthy, big upgrade in Center.

When I began a sentence with “Buck Showalter” today, my wife was sure I was going to say he died.

Hopefully, they keep him on the job long enough to see the fruits of his labors, although I do wonder why he kept getting fired just as his teams were about to get good. I think he may be starting a notch or two above his previous s tops on talent level.

Hopefully, they keep him on the job long enough to see the fruits of his labors, although I do wonder why he kept getting fired just as his teams were about to get good. I think he may be starting a notch or two above his previous s tops on talent level.
Buck was fired by the Yankees because Steinbrenner was a nut and demanded he fire his hitting coach. Buck refused and got canned.

He was fired by the Diamondbacks because his disciplinary managing style was considered too grim by Jerry Colangelo. He wanted Buck to lighten up working with a mostly veteran team.

He was fired by the Orioles because his team has no talent and lost 115 games.

I see an amazing history with Buck of making major improvements from the day he starts at a new job. His track record is really good.

I believe there has been general concern from modem front offices towards him because people are concerned he will not welcome I out from the analysts who seem to have more influence in this game with every passing month.

He convinced the Mets this was not going to be a problem

Hope we start finding out in April.