2020-21 ny mets thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2020-21 ny mets thread

1630292698332.gif

Cohen needs to burn it down and rebuild from the ashes. Baez needs to go, but more importantly I’m really worried about his BFF Lindor and that next decade his contract will be an albatross for the franchise. Cohen caved in his need to do “something” this off-season and gave Lindor that huge deal…hind sight is 20/20 but he should have waited.

Alderson needs to not be involved in major personnel decisions either on the field of off it ever again.

Fans who boo are idiots.

Meh I'm not a fan who would boo my own team but that said - these guys can have my address for whatever amount of their check they don't want because they don't like being criticized when they play like trash

Meh I'm not a fan who would boo my own team but that said - these guys can have my address for whatever amount of their check they don't want because they don't like being criticized when they play like trash
It is refreshing to get honest words from a player rather than aw-shucks PR-speak.

Please release the druggie scumbag Cano the day he comes off suspension. I cannot tolerate seeing him in a Met uniform even one more day.
The ‘86 Mets say “hi”

The 86 Mets didnt take performance enhancing drugs. Strawberry and Gooden wouldnt have been hof if they stayed off the coke.
Drugs are drugs. (The OP said drugs, not specific drugs. ) Being able to be relaxed at the plate, or not be mentally consumed with the NY media, enhances performance.
Also, I GUARANTEE they took amphetamines while in the bigs, and likely the minors. Those are performance enhancing.
Baseball, and it’s fans, need to get over themselves. Pitchers and hitters were juicing.
Who people hate for it and don’t is a matter of personality, and not fairness. (Andy Petite, Big Papi good, Rogers and Barry, bad.) Lots of guys used: only a few are constantly derided for it.
Baseball is entertainment; nothing more or less. As an entity, baseball and the union knowingly turned its eye to, tacitly endorsed/encouraged steroid use. All parties (baseball, the players, the union, owners, advertisers) happily reaped the rewards of the home run, because “chicks dig the long ball”.
For a sport which knowingly allowed Gaylord Perry into the Hall of Fame to selectively call out/punish others who broke the rules is hypocrisy.
Baseball is full of cheaters. Always has been. Yankee fans love Craig Nettles: cheated. Pete Rose: cheated

Fans who boo are idiots.
Booing is stupid unless the player is not trying. Booing poor results is not going to help the player. Only can make things worse. They don't need more motivation to not suck. But if the guy is obviously dogging it, then boo away.

the one game I dont listen all the way to the end is the one the score 5 in the bottom on the 9th to win.. go figure

the one game I dont listen all the way to the end is the one the score 5 in the bottom on the 9th to win.. go figure
Lol I turned it off after the bottom of the 8th.

Omg and now the acting gm gets nailed for drunk driving. You know the guy who replaced a dude who was fired for sexual harassment.

Omg and now the acting gm gets nailed for drunk driving. You know the guy who replaced a dude who was fired for s e xual harassment.
If the story of this season, this decade, (you pick the time period) for the Mets was written by someone as fiction, it would be attacked for being over the time and completely improbable.

The Mets have been a special franchise since day one. Everyone once in a while, it is a good kind of
special. ;)

If the story of this season, this decade, (you pick the time period) for the Mets was written by someone as fiction, it would be attacked for being over the time and completely improbable.

The Mets have been a special franchise since day one. Everyone once in a while, it is a good kind of
special. ;)
I was hoping Cohen taking over would end the curse of the wilpons, but I guess not... apparently Scott's night started at a party at Cohen's house. Insane... these guys make so much money, get a friggin car service. Given the Mets seeming preference for sexual predators you wonder where Scott was headed to or had been since leaving Cohen's place.

Omg and now the acting gm gets nailed for drunk driving. You know the guy who replaced a dude who was fired for s e xual harassment.
Not that it matters because he's just holding Theo Epsteins seat but your the gm of the Mets hire a driver or call a cab.

could have been a nice night . Nats blow 6 run lead to Phils and Col decides 1 inning of scoring is enough and lets it slop away.

could have been a nice night . Nats blow 6 run lead to Phils and Col decides 1 inning of scoring is enough and lets it slop away.

At least now we get to be mad at other teams. :mad:

Rosario .287 BA -10 HR- 50 RBI

202125 ageCleveland Indians$2,400,000

Lindor .225 BA- 13HR- 44 RBI

202127 ageNew York Mets$22,300,000

Edwin Diaz just put the final nail in the Mets coffin. Guy is a loser.
Meet the 2021 Mets… same as the 2019 Mets. The Mets offense coming back to life only to fall 1 or 2 games short because of pitching is the ultimate Mets experience and completely predictable.

Edwin Diaz just put the final nail in the Mets coffin. Guy is a loser.

He's very frustrating but the Jarred Kelenic Show hasn't really begun in Seattle, either: