2020 Kentucky Derby | Syracusefan.com

2020 Kentucky Derby

yup once a yr.. but they use the other gate once a yr too. the issue is that the timing of the gates will be more consistent i would expect and it will be easier to pull out of the way with less pieces that have to work together

I saw that. Long overdue, Always such a mess when the horses are starting in the first couple spots of auxillary gate, so many times the break dead left.

What's funny is I couldn't tell you the name of the horse that was put up as the winner last year but certainly remember Max Security

thats why i wondered why it took so long to fix.. i mean really what could it cost 1-200k?

yup once a yr.. but they use the other gate once a yr too. the issue is that the timing of the gates will be more consistent i would expect and it will be easier to pull out of the way with less pieces that have to work together
But they don't have to pull it away during the race, as the race starts in a chute. It will be a bit more fair for horses that previously would be breaking from the stalls where two gates come together.

i didnt think they started on a chute. its in the corner of the straight away i thought.

1580785423652.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom