2020 NYS Fair | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2020 NYS Fair

The pedestrian bridge is really nice, about a month ago I rode my bike down it on two occasions while they were building it. They still had it blocked off today as was the 690 ramp, I wonder if they'll take down the barricades this year.

I'm a hater of fairs like this. I don't like people (especially the ones you only see at a state fair), the food is actually terrible, the games are all fixed, and it's overall too much in every way.

Did anyone actually miss the fair this year? Or was it just the idea that you missed?

I think there was a portion of the local and surrounding community that missed but there defienitely wasn't some huge outcry (at least that I heard) and to be honest I didn't really miss it one iota.

There is definitely a portion of the local community that loves the Fair and will clamor for its return next year but like you said I think for a lot of people its the "idea of it" they missed. The Fair has become almost one of those things that if you live local "you have to do" at least once while its running and then you kind of move on with the rest of the summer. It's almost a bit of a chore some years but it becomes this ingrained tradition that I think most people just do because they have their entire lives.

I also think for people with families and those without access to a camp or boat, something to do at the end of the summer and of course for kids they love it. Fair is also huge for retirees who flock to the Fair during the midweek when its usually less crowded and there's some 60's or 70s band playing. I think Orange Extreme goes like 8 or 9 times usually. ;)

I think there was a portion of the local and surrounding community that missed but there defienitely wasn't some huge outcry (at least that I heard) and to be honest I didn't really miss it one iota.

There is definitely a portion of the local community that loves the Fair and will clamor for its return next year but like you said I think for a lot of people its the "idea of it" they missed. The Fair has become almost one of those things that if you live local "you have to do" at least once while its running and then you kind of move on with the rest of the summer. It's almost a bit of a chore some years but it becomes this ingrained tradition that I think most people just do because they have their entire lives.

I also think for people with families and those without access to a camp or boat, something to do at the end of the summer and of course for kids they love it. Fair is also huge for retirees who flock to the Fair during the midweek when its usually less crowded and there's some 60's or 70s band playing. I think Orange Extreme goes like 8 or 9 times usually. ;)

Having the NYS Fair in Syracuse has an enormous economic impact. Lots of locals work it, the County sees an impact peripherally (hotels, restaurants, shopping) and it is the biggest tourist attraction in the area.
The only reason you haven't heard the outcry is because everyone is wearing a mask (except cuserunner).

1601409812403.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom