2020 PGA Tour... | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2020 PGA Tour...

BDC showed a lot with those two late birdies. Both he and Wolfe played very well with their individual strategies. I thought Wolfe would have had a big lead going into today until that birdie barrage. Not sure how today will play out but can Rory put some pressure from six back. I'm not a huge Rory fan but it wouldn't surprise me if he made some noise.

Gonna be an incredible Sunday with Redzone and US open final round. Wow.

So many storylines with Wolff, BDC. And Louie out of the blue! And Rory lurking! And hideki. Japan never has won a major. And Xander trying to break through. Watch freaking Harris English win the whole thing.

Gonna be an incredible Sunday with Redzone and US open final round. Wow.

So many storylines with Wolff, BDC. And Louie out of the blue! And Rory lurking! And hideki. Japan never has won a major. And Xander trying to break through. Watch freaking Harris English win the whole thing.

Oosthuizen always seems out of the blue to contend, but he does it so often that I am no longer surprised. I am not sure if there is any player out there who goes into relative hiding for periods, but will pop up in top 5 / top 10's in the majors fairly regularly.

In the last 5 years, he has 3 seconds in majors, a seventh and probably another top 10 this year.

I don't think the formula for Wolff will work again. Eventually if you keep missing the fairway, you will start missing greens and get bit in the ass like Reed yesterday.

If they want to bomber proof the course for players like Bryson Dechambeau, they are actually having the opposite effect then intended by making the fairways too narrow.

If you make them too narrow, accuracy is hard for anybody, even straight hitters. So the distance hitters gain the advantage. Make the fairways a little wider and the precise drivers will start to get more of their advantage back by hitting more of the fairways relatively then they are now.

Not saying that narrowing is not part of the way of controlling it. It certainly is. But there is an equilibrium point that they may have surpassed.

The excitement level of Sunday will be totally based on Wolff and DeChambeau.

One of them plays really well it takes away a lot of drama. If they both struggle it is fairly wide open.

Dechambeau eating his way to the US Open with that eagle and a likely two shot lead.

Despite his brute way of playing golf, he has great touch with that putter. If he can get touch with his wedges he will become world #1.

EDIT -- great to see Wolff make an eagle 3 in response. Has turned into a two man race.

Not one player under par yet today which should help the top two. Disappointing for Rory and Hideki fans.

English would be hanging around if it was not for his terrible break on the first hole. which cost him at least one.

Bryson earned it.. But he also got a ton of great breaks out of the rough. english losing the ball on the first hole being an example of things that didnt go wrong. in some ways the extra contour of the greens helped a ton of shots since the putt all the pins in bowls.

You could have went 2 way with Wolff for top 5 -- I'm sure that would have been a nice payoff.
Either way good call on Wolff.
I made my money back on top 20 and top 10 bets. Would have been fun if he kept it close down the stretch but Bryson was locked in. Oh well.

I already locked in Wolff 80-1 in the Masters so we’ll run it back in November.

I lost a Parlay on the bills today.. I lost one yesterday on Tulane blowing a 24 pt lead.. I lost one last week on a missed XP and I lost another yesterday with Wake scoring 42 and not covering.. Lost another last week because SU missed that chip shot FG.. been a tough yr.

Justin Thomas said yesterday that shadow creek is the best manicured course he’s ever played and he’s played everywhere including a little course in Augusta GA. I gotta get on that course some day.

This weeks event is being played at Memorial Park Golf Course in Houston.

It's actually a municipal course I played in the early 2000's when I was working in Houston for about 3 months that year. It certainly was not at PGA tour standards at that point, but apparently it had some history to it... and they have now done some restoration to it to bring it up to standards. I honestly remember very little about the course, but I remember a few things about the day as it was the only golf round I played in Houston.

1. I played with a person I had met in Houston via work. He said he had played golf before -- if he had it was not much. He was the worst golfer I ever played with. And he was slow -- and would get angry at the people behind us who were pushing us. I sort of convinced him that it might be good for him to call it a day after 9 holes, and I could take a taxi back to where I was staying.

2. On the back nine I was paired with some guy. A few holes in, some par 3, the guy hooked a shot pretty good, and it started tracking towards the guys leaving the green. We yelled fore, but it still smoked one of the guys pretty good, as we could hear a light sounding thud from over 130 yards away.

The guy we hit waited for us about 30 yards from the hole as we got towards the green. He was a big guy, and his playing partner was also probably big. As we near them, I immediately say I don't really know the guy I am playing with. In the end, they were nice once we got down there and were fine the apology, but I think they just tried to scare the other player for a bit as he walked down.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom