2020 QBs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 QBs

We're going to have to work hard because I'm not sure how many high end kids are out there; same as this year. Already 9 or 10 committed.

Here's a few uncommitted

Tyler Van Dyke 6-4 215 / Suffield, CT
Brendon Lewis 6-3 190 / Melissa, TX
Mekhi Hagens 6-1 185 / St Louis, MO
Michael Alaimo 6-4 208 / Montvale, NJ
Demeatic Crenshaw 6-2 225 / Pickerington, OH
Parker McQuarrie 6-7 208 / Weare, NH

California and Texas have a bunch. Georgia has a few. Not many in FL this year.
Here are highlights for the 3x Northeast QBs. I think I like Van Dyke the best by a small margin because he has a strong arm and can run abit. McQuarrie was vs pretty low competition but may have the most upside. Very nice mechanics and throwing motion. Some good pocket mobility but will not run much. Alaimo looks good but is too mechanical and not as accurate as the other two.
2017 Highlights
Sophomore Year Highlights

According to 24and7, we have offers out to 3 kids that are not committed somewhere else right now. It's still really early so there will be a bunch more offers coming. Also, none of these kids has us in their top schools at the moment. Obviously that can change as time goes on and the staff builds relationships.

Tyler Van Dyke CT 3 Star - 6'4 212 lbs
Other Offers - Vanderbilt, Rutgers, Pitt, Michigan, Miami, UMASS, Kentucky, Duke, Wisconsin, NCState and BC

Brendan Lewis TX 4 Star - 6'1 195 lbs
Other Offers - Vanderbilt, North Texas, Nevada, Missouri, Kansas, Houston, BC, Texas Tech, TCU, SMU, Nebraska and Miss State

Mekhi Hagens MO 3 Star - 6'2 185 lbs
Other Offers - Southern Miss, Bowling Green, Kansas and Missouri

After having the cup runneth over for the first time in decades this year(Ed/Td/Ca), I get the sentiment around feeling thin after ED leaves. We have time though and I really love this staffs creativity to fill gaps that sometimes we had no clue on. I look forward to the next talented QB we get. Not a matter of if, just when.

I think it will depend on how Devito does running the offense next year. If he's putting up gaudy numbers I think we grab a high 4 star guy.

I think it will depend on how Devito does running the offense next year. If he's putting up gaudy numbers I think we grab a high 4 star guy.
Most likely to late in the process to get a kid that late as a high 4 star.
If Devito puts up gaudy numbers it will most likely help with 2021.

Regardless if the word struggling is appropriate or not, I'm quite nervous myself. If Tommy wins the job and proves to be solid then there is almost no shot that Chance is going to sit around and wait his turn. That's not how QBs work these days. Thats why a QB in every class is vitally important. Very possible situation in 2020 where there is only Tommy and a True Fresh QB on the roster and that would leave us an injury away from the season going down the crapper.

Sure that may seem like a doom and gloom situation but I follow recruiting nationwide and not just for our team and pretty much all good, young QBs that are going to be blocked for 2 or 3 years take off as soon as they feel they can't overtake the guy in front of them.
Disagree. Many of the QBs that are blowing up and getting drafted only play one to two years in college. That fifth year is huge when it comes to the NFL and the league is increasingly running RPOs. There are few places that provide the depth of understanding of RPOs as SU. Call me crazy, but I think Chance would be fine to sit and develop and have a gigantic year at SU. What leverage does he have to transfer? Way more kids that sit and wait make it to the NFL than kids that bolt at the first whiff of playing time. If the cards aren’t in it then he will seek greener pastures as a grad transfer.

I saw Van Dyke play this Fall. Strong arm, tight spiral, very accurate. I was told Syracuse had been in to watch him practice the day before. He also throws to a 6'6'' receiver who is a nice target.

Disagree. Many of the QBs that are blowing up and getting drafted only play one to two years in college. That fifth year is huge when it comes to the NFL and the league is increasingly running RPOs. There are few places that provide the depth of understanding of RPOs as SU. Call me crazy, but I think Chance would be fine to sit and develop and have a gigantic year at SU. What leverage does he have to transfer? Way more kids that sit and wait make it to the NFL than kids that bolt at the first whiff of playing time. If the cards aren’t in it then he will seek greener pastures as a grad transfer.

Can disagree all you want. The top 3 QBs heading to the draft this year (Haskins, Jones, Lock) all had a path to and did start by their SO year. Top 3 next year (Herbert, Tua, Fromm), same thing. And guess what for the 5 1st rounders last year? No one is waiting until their RS SR year for a shot. Thats absurd to even try to rationalize.

Oh, I have 0 issue with 2019 depth. It's the 2020 depth that scares me. If Chance leaves and we don't take a kid in the 2019 class then we only have Devito and whatever True Fresh we recruit in that class. That's the situation I am afraid of.

Players do get hurt. We've seen that how many years now?
Any kid who is number 2 on the depth chart is 1 play away from being the starter.
And if you can out-compete the guy who's starting, then I trust that Babers will play you.
Don't you?

Any more prodigy’s from Cartersville available?

Reactions: gbo
Here are highlights for the 3x Northeast QBs. I think I like Van Dyke the best by a small margin because he has a strong arm and can run abit. McQuarrie was vs pretty low competition but may have the most upside. Very nice mechanics and throwing motion. Some good pocket mobility but will not run much. Alaimo looks good but is too mechanical and not as accurate as the other two.
2017 Highlights
Sophomore Year Highlights

I like VanDyke the best of those.

It's early but man there are a lot of kids are already committed. Both Pro-Styles and Dual. The problem with the uncommitted is that they're no where near our geographic region and it makes the sell job that much harder. We may have to work on a flip this season.

There's only 3 kids in the top 10 not committed and all 3 reside in California, then #11 is Grayson, GA. (same school as Brice from Clemson.)

Parker McQuarrie 6-7 208 out of New Hampshire looks to be highly recruited comes in at #9. Alaimo #14 and Dyke #15. (2-4-7)

Rvls has pretty much the same with Alaimo #9, Dyke #11, McQuarriee #17. 4 from California in the top 10 not committed. 10-20 uncommitted are from Cal, Ky, Tx.

Ultimately I'd like to see another elite 11 kid.

I like VanDyke the best of those.

It's early but man there are a lot of kids are already committed. Both Pro-Styles and Dual. The problem with the uncommitted is that they're no where near our geographic region and it makes the sell job that much harder. We may have to work on a flip this season.

There's only 3 kids in the top 10 not committed and all 3 reside in California, then #11 is Grayson, GA. (same school as Brice from Clemson.)

Parker McQuarrie 6-7 208 out of New Hampshire looks to be highly recruited comes in at #9. Alaimo #14 and Dyke #15. (2-4-7)

Rvls has pretty much the same with Alaimo #9, Dyke #11, McQuarriee #17. 4 from California in the top 10 not committed. 10-20 uncommitted are from Cal, Ky, Tx.

Ultimately I'd like to see another elite 11 kid.

Only semi-positive of that geographical breakdown is that QBs on the average seem more willing to travel further from home for their opportunities. With that, we still don't really recruit CA at all outside of the occasional JUCO kid it seems.

All of your examples show you don't really know what goes on. Kyler Murray DID transfer. So did Baker Mayfield who he then sat behind for 2 years. Tommy only sat for 2 years and likely taking over as a RS SO. Same as what Tate Martell would be at Ohio St. Chance wouldn't get a shot to start until he's a RS SR, that is wayyyyyyy different.

It's these kind of transfers combined with Dino's eye for the position that I'm *not* worried.

Most likely to late in the process to get a kid that late as a high 4 star.
If Devito puts up gaudy numbers it will most likely help with 2021.

Absolutely along with winning games, TD doing well thus showing the 2021 QB's the path and it wasn't just ED. The ND game stung as it did not show TD's true abilities and made many who watched that game think SU is a 1 QB trick pony. The weapons that TD has will show all the recruits what it will be like to drive this sportscar.

So...committed to Purdue? But visiting SU?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom