2020 Tennis Season | Syracusefan.com

2020 Tennis Season

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
Should be a great, great year. My predictions:

1) Fed does not win a major and drops out of the top 5, maybe the top 10.
2) Djokovic wins at least 1 major maybe 2, and ends the year #1.
3) Nadal wins a major, but not necessarily the French.
4) The new gen, not the next gen, breaks through and wins a major maybe two.
5) Murray has a good year considering his situation, but retires by the end of the year.

From my casual fandom observance it appears the USA ladies have some candidates to be contenders post Serena. Are there any US dudes who are even close to winning a major?

Although Venus lost, thrilled to see her still competing at 39 because she still has passion for the game. But Coco, she’s the real deal, at least, appears to be.

Love Grand Slam tennis!

Oh man, that Coco match was a good one. I feel asleep midway through the second set tho. (was almost midnight and we were on night 3 of staying up until 2 or 3 to watch matches). Left the TV on, woke up a few times to check on Federer, wish I had stayed up for it.

If I don't take the girlfriend to this Open one of these years, she's gonna go find a guy that will!
Doing the US Open this year. Federer is her dude, so I figured we better go see him before he hangs it up

Oh man, that Coco match was a good one. I feel asleep midway through the second set tho. (was almost midnight and we were on night 3 of staying up until 2 or 3 to watch matches). Left the TV on, woke up a few times to check on Federer, wish I had stayed up for it.

If I don't take the girlfriend to this Open one of these years, she's gonna go find a guy that will!
Doing the US Open this year. Federer is her dude, so I figured we better go see him before he hangs it up

The Coco-Osaka match didn't start till 3am here in Rochester, bummer, really wanted to see it. I'm cuckoo for Coco. Imagine I'm not alone.

What's the deal with Kyrgios? He just enjoy being the bad boy of tennis to get attention?

The US Open runs from August 31st to September 13th this year. The Rutgers game is on September 12th.

The US Open runs from August 31st to September 13th this year. The Rutgers game is on September 12th.

She wants to do the earlier rounds of the open so she has the best shot at seeing Federer play. She's doesn't want to take the chance him getting injured, or losing before we're there. She can't take more than a week or so off from work without affecting other trips, so we have a tight window.

I misread the schedule last week and thought we were at Rutgers on the 4th. I had her convinced that either we both could take a day off from tennis, jump a train and hit the game, or her sister could come down, watch tennis for the day and I could roll out to NJ. Maybe I'll look into how hard it is to get into Boston

She wants to do the earlier rounds of the open so she has the best shot at seeing Federer play. She's doesn't want to take the chance him getting injured, or losing before we're there. She can't take more than a week or so off from work without affecting other trips, so we have a tight window.

I misread the schedule last week and thought we were at Rutgers on the 4th. I had her convinced that either we both could take a day off from tennis, jump a train and hit the game, or her sister could come down, watch tennis for the day and I could roll out to NJ. Maybe I'll look into how hard it is to get into Boston
FYI, I went to the Amtrak web site and saw a fare of $56 from Boston to NYC. Requires buying the tickets at least 21 days in advance. Good luck!

FYI, I went to the Amtrak web site and saw a fare of $56 from Boston to NYC. Requires buying the tickets at least 21 days in advance. Good luck!

You're the man. Once I finish planning the tennis portion, I'll see if I can sneak in some football.

Muguruza looks like she found her game again.
Me thinks she overpowers Halep in the Semis and meets home town gal Barty for the chip...

Thiem looked really good beating Nadal In the Men’s Quarters.
Could he break the Big 3 chokehold on the Slams?
Still think Joker is (clearly) the class of the tournament thus far. When healthy, his game is so tough at Melbourne. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t easily eliminate Roger and repeat this weekend...

Maybe the GOAT for now, but he isn't the best ever; that would be Djokovic or Laver. Once Djok or Nadal match or beat 20, then the justification for Fed being the GOAT will significantly diminish.

True GOAT.

Plus, a loss for Sandgren is a victory for mankind.

been a ton of great betting action too bad its over soon, but really need some sleep.

another fun late night tennis match..
womens finals is fascinating. get the US girl at great value and then a fun mens final to see if Joker can win 8

Soo...kenin wins it...who would have thunk it. moving up to number 7 overall and US number 1.

US men? where you at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom