2020 USMNT Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2020 USMNT Thread

When Dest eventually goes up against a top top winger he'll bring it on the defensive end. He's a stud.

17 year old American U18 Ricardo Pepi with a huge goal for FC Dallas. Great academy they’ve built. Excited about Jesus Ferreira’s potential as well. Easy to get swept up in the Euro-based players but some gems in MLS too. Busio had a massive goal for KC last night as well.

17 year old American U18 Ricardo Pepi with a huge goal for FC Dallas. Great academy they’ve built. Excited about Jesus Ferreira’s potential as well. Easy to get swept up in the Euro-based players but some gems in MLS too. Busio had a massive goal for KC last night as well.

I think people will really like Daryl Dike next cycle.

Lots of MLS quality that maybe on the 2021 U-20 WC team. Pepi, Busio, Tessmann, Bassett, Araujo. Seems like MLS teams are finally making use the of academies and realizing it's an asset to the team first and then if good enough, get sold to europe and became cash

Lots of MLS quality that maybe on the 2021 U-20 WC team. Pepi, Busio, Tessmann, Bassett, Araujo. Seems like MLS teams are finally making use the of academies and realizing it's an asset to the team first and then if good enough, get sold to europe and became cash
Still couldn’t believe when Bayern plucked Chris Richards from FC Dallas and Alphonso Davies from Vancouver. Two excellent pieces of business and probably why they’re so much more financially stable than almost every other superclub.

McKennie, Dest, and Reyna all starting.

Adams on the bench.

Who ya watching?

Anyone remember a better day for our guys?

Reyna, Puli, and McKennie all on the board today with important goals.

US VS El Selvador tonight , can they continue some solid play?

I love the winter camps.

Outside of Aaron Long and Brendan Aaronson, who I would expect to be in consideration anytime Arena Bradley Berhalter selects a roster, there are a few players that could take a step or two up this cycle and start forcing their way onto the team. I really like Mark Mackenzie, Ayo Akinola, Daryl Dike, and Chris Mueller as candidates to make that jump in the next couple years.

Walker Zimmerman will also be interesting. I think he's playing well enough to be in consideration for a 4th to 6th CB spot on this team, but I just have this gut feeling watching him play that he's gonna be the next Chad Marshall who is great for his domestic club team but never is able to make that step up on the international stage.

It should be fun.

glad i jumped in with a max bet on my account.. that worked out well

Saying goodbye to Mapfre tonight...

Ughh... so many awesome games.

I love the winter camps.

Outside of Aaron Long and Brendan Aaronson, who I would expect to be in consideration anytime Arena Bradley Berhalter selects a roster, there are a few players that could take a step or two up this cycle and start forcing their way onto the team. I really like Mark Mackenzie, Ayo Akinola, Daryl Dike, and Chris Mueller as candidates to make that jump in the next couple years.

Walker Zimmerman will also be interesting. I think he's playing well enough to be in consideration for a 4th to 6th CB spot on this team, but I just have this gut feeling watching him play that he's gonna be the next Chad Marshall who is great for his domestic club team but never is able to make that step up on the international stage.

It should be fun.
Still have not seen Dike but good call on the rest. Where is Dike playing?

Still have not seen Dike but good call on the rest. Where is Dike playing?

I've seen Dike 15 or 20+ times this year. He's certainly raw -- a little like Jozy was at the same age, but he's a smart center-forward. I love the way he moves off the ball. He can get caught with the ball at his feet and not know where to go with it, but I think he may be a late bloomer that cements his spot in the USMNT in 2026 and 2030.

I missed the news before the last game -- apparently he picked up a knock and was replaced -- but I'd be shocked it he wasn't in a top-5 leagues within 3 years.

I don't think he's gonna factor in to this cycle, but he'll catch on at a team like West Ham when he's 24 and cause a big buzz. I love his potential.

I love the winter camps.

It should be fun.

I thought Zimmerman has been impressive for the national team in his chances so far.

I've seen Dike 15 or 20+ times this year. He's certainly raw -- a little like Jozy was at the same age, but he's a smart center-forward. I love the way he moves off the ball. He can get caught with the ball at his feet and not know where to go with it, but I think he may be a late bloomer that cements his spot in the USMNT in 2026 and 2030.

I missed the news before the last game -- apparently he picked up a knock and was replaced -- but I'd be shocked it he wasn't in a top-5 leagues within 3 years.

I don't think he's gonna factor in to this cycle, but he'll catch on at a team like West Ham when he's 24 and cause a big buzz. I love his potential.
So I finally got around to looking up Daryl Dike and watching a few highlights. He looks very promising. I really missed a lot of MLS this year as I never even noticed him. I think he compares well to a young Jozy.
Future is looking bright!

The kid is amazing... who would have thought on the night of the debacle in T&T that 2 years later that Pulisic wouldn't even be the most talented player on our squad?
Anyone catch Antonee Robinson playing a solid solid left back for Fulham against Liverpool over the weekend? He looked smooth and good under a ton of pressure... Mo Salah and Alexander-Arnold both played on that side and did very little damage. Salah's goal was on a penalty from a handball.

Pulisic, Reyna, Adams, McKinnie, Dest, Brooks are the core of this team moving forward and those 5 could play for many many other teams. Robinson is also solid. We desperately need some forwards to come through and another CB to pair with Brooks and this team will easily be the most talented team the US has ever rolled out.

I'm already getting ready to lose my shiz when egghead tries to shoehorn Mike Bradley into this lineup over one of the current midfielders. Maybe in a three man backing w/ Mikey playing sweeper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom